• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DOJ investigating at least 5 anti-Muslim acts

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
WASHINGTON — The Justice Department is investigating a handful of apparently anti-Muslim incidents in four states, including the stabbing of a Muslim cab driver in New York City.

FBI agents and civil rights division investigators also are looking into vandalism and other incidents at mosques or mosque construction sites in Arlington, Texas; Murfreesboro, Tenn.; Madera, Calif.; and Waterport, N.Y.

Here is the way I see it: If you want to be a bigot, that's your business. Even bigots have rights in America. But take it to the next level by committing or inciting violence, then you belong in prison.

Kudos to the FBI for launching these investigations, and for those who don't believe there will be justice here, you are dead wrong. The FBI has already, in the last year, successfully prosecuted the torching of a mosque in Tennessee, the torching of an African-American church in Massachusetts, and the spray painting of threats on a Jewish Synagogue in Alabama. More prosecutions are coming, and may those who are convicted of hate crimes pay the severest penalty available under the law.

Article is here.

I see the apologist tour is still in full swing.

The Justice Department is investigating a handful of apparently anti-Muslim incidents in four states, including the stabbing of a Muslim cab driver in New York City.

Do you understand the word "apparent" Dan? ie NOT proven?

The cab driver stabber was found out a WHILE ago to be someone who worked in a group working FOR the "GZ mosque."

The cab driver stabber was found out a WHILE ago to be someone who worked in a group working FOR the "GZ mosque."

From this article:

The attorney for Michael Enright, the New York City college student charged with attempted murder as a hate crime for allegedly stabbing a Muslim cab driver Tuesday, denied that his client had acted out of hatred for Muslims.

"I don't believe that he has any underlying hatred or animosity towards Islam or Muslims in general," said attorney Jason Martin. Enright, a 21-year-old filmmaker and School of Visual Arts senior from upstate New York, has had past run-ins with the law involving alcohol and New York City police described the Tuesday attack as an isolated incident caused by drinking.

Police told ABC News that Enright, who had returned from a filmmaking trip to Afghanistan in May, was carrying two notebooks when arrested that contained allegedly "biased sentiments" recorded while he was in Afghanistan. Without providing details, police sources said the comments described encounters with Afghans he viewed as ungrateful for the American military presence in their country. The Associated Press reports, however, that police say the notebooks do not appear to contain anti-Muslim rants.

He wasn't working for the mosque. He just stabbed someone he had never met before. He has been charged with attempted murder as a hate crime.

Last edited:
I see the apologist tour is still in full swing.

The Justice Department is investigating a handful of apparently anti-Muslim incidents in four states, including the stabbing of a Muslim cab driver in New York City.

Do you understand the word "apparent" Dan? ie NOT proven?

Wait. What is anybody apologizing for?

From this article:

He wasn't working for the mosque. He just stabbed someone he had never met before. He has been charged with attempted murder as a hate crime.

I didn't say he was working for the mosque. I said he was with a group that does.

But right there in your article it shows why it isn't an anti-Muslim incident, as your OP indicates.

I didn't say he was working for the mosque. I said he was with a group that does.

But right there in your article it shows why it isn't an anti-Muslim incident, as your OP indicates.

Yes you are right, the guy was working for an Outreach Program and appears to have gone slightly mad. Dan's on a mission to save Muslims from the EVIL that is America. Evidence of intent doesn't matter, if a Muslim stubs his toe in a Hotel Dan's ready to boycott the place for Anti-Islamic Hate.

Wait. What is anybody apologizing for?

Do a search for threads started by Dan on this issue and you will see. He implies who is at fault without evidence and he relates completely separate instances to each other based on suspicion not fact.

Last edited:
Out of a country of 300 million and all you have is 5 incidents? :lol: boy, muslim hate crimes are out of control.

so if you are a mulsim in america you have a 1 in 60 million chance to be a victim of a hate crime??? Ironically those same odds are the chances you would cast the decisive vote in a presidential election.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w15220

Last edited:
Out of a country of 300 million and all you have is 5 incidents? :lol: boy, muslim hate crimes are out of control.

so if you are a mulsim in america you have a 1 in 60 million chance to be a victim of a hate crime??? Ironically those same odds are the chances you would cast the decisive vote in a presidential election.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w15220

LOL..... safer to be a muslim than it is to be outside...

2. ASSUME -

USA population = 280,000,000

1000 lightning victims/year/average

Odds = 1 : 280,000 of being struck by lightning

Lightning Strike Probabilities - National Lightning Safety Institute

:lamo

His lawyer says it wasn't, but facts paint a different story:

1) He HAS been charged with attempted murder as a hate crime.

Why?

2) This is key. He asked the cabbie if he was Muslim. When the cabbie replied "Yes", he then stabbed him.

That is why they charged him with a hate crime.

From the Link said:
The blond and babyfaced Enright was arraigned Wednesday and formally charged with attempted murder in the second degree as a hate crime, assault in the first degree as a hate crime and criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.

I agree.

And Texmaster, you need to read the link too before shooting off your big mouth with the personal attacks. Reading is fundamental.

Last edited:

Why?

Texmaster - You read the link too before shooting off your mouth with personal attacks.

2) This is key. He asked the cabbie if he was Muslim. When the cabbie replied "Yes", he then stabbed him.

I agree.

And Texmaster, you need to read the link too before shooting off your big mouth with the personal attacks.

Who gives a rusty ****? (besides you)

Why?

He's been charged, but it doesn't mean it's actually an example of the rampant Islamophobia you really, really seem to want there to be.

Here's more about the guy.

Alleged anti-Muslim attacker works at pro-Park51 group - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

As I asked Deuce, why are you holding the actions of a few against an entire nation of 300 million? Isn't that the same as holding all Muslims are terrorists?

Why?

In the USA a person is innocent until proven guilty. Just because he is charged doesn't mean it is true.

How would anyone know this? If he killed the guy then there is no witnesses as to what was talked about...if anything.

As I asked Deuce, why are you holding the actions of a few against an entire nation of 300 million? Isn't that the same as holding all Muslims are terrorists?

I'd imagine because that's what so many other people do, with respect to Muslims and extremists. Sort of a what's-good-for-the-goose kinda thing.

How many anti-American acts, committed by Muslims, is the DOJ investigating, now? Damn sight more than five, I bet.

What's the point of the OP, again?

How many anti-American acts, committed by Muslims, is the DOJ investigating, now?

How does that make a point relevant to this thread? Really?

To be honest I dislike the concept of "hate" crimes. However, I do hope these people are brought to justice and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. They want to oppress Islam just as many Islamic nations in the Middle East oppress others. There is really not much of a difference.

Awwwww, da poor mooswims r bein attakded. Daze decapitatin dem and hangin em fwom bwidges aw ober da countwee.

Sorry, Im not jumpin on the pitty wagon your driving dannyboy.

Last edited:
Awwwww, da poor mooswims are bein attakded. Daze decapitatin dem and hangin em fwom bwidges aw ober da countwee.

We are talking about an innocent group of individuals being harassed, harmed, and wronged simply for their religion. This is a disgusting crime, and those who commit this are no worse than the extremist Muslims who employ the same tactics in other parts of the world.

We are talking about an innocent group of individuals being harassed, harmed, and wronged simply for their religion. This is a disgusting crime, and those who commit this are no worse than the extremist Muslims who employ the same tactics in other parts of the world.

Right, what ever you say. The media is acting as if muslims are under seige in America.

Right, what ever you say. The media is acting as if muslims are under seige in America.

Um... Maybe because many groups want to destroy them and have been attacking their freedoms? Can you list one example where one of the person's harmed or properties harmed ever participated in an act of terror or any other illegal activity? Hate groups are attacking innocent Muslims solely based on their religion. This is wrong and should not be tolerated in our country.

Awwwww, da poor mooswims r bein attakded. Daze decapitatin dem and hangin em fwom bwidges aw ober da countwee.

Oh, I get it -- so if peaceful Americans worship the wrong god, you're okay with them being assaulted, harassed, or whatever.

Where I come from, we call that bigotry. Actually, we have other words for it, but none of them would survive the word filter. :lol:

Anyway, SgtRock, welcome to the world of the Muslim extremist. You now know what it's like to hate someone just because they are an infidel.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Two Minutes Hate.

Oh, I get it -- so if peaceful Americans worship the wrong god, you're okay with them being assaulted, harassed, or whatever.

Where I come from, we call that bigotry. Actually, we have other words for it, but none of them would survive the word filter. :lol:

Anyway, SgtRock, welcome to the world of the Muslim extremist. You now know what it's like to hate someone just because they are an infidel.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Two Minutes Hate.

Thanks TED, you call em as you see em don't you. I am an islamophobe afterall. Better to be an islamophobe than a kuffar dhimmi.

Back
Top Bottom