• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DOJ ethics officials have reported cleared acting AG Matthew Whitaker to oversee the Mueller probe

SLC

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ethics officials at the Department of Justice have advised acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker that he does not need to recuse himself from overseeing the special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, CNN's Laura Jarrett reported Thursday.

Whitaker, who has been leading the DOJ since Jeff Sessions' departure in early November, has been scrutinized over his frequent criticisms of the probe and Mueller's authority.

https://www.businessinsider.com/matthew-whitaker-reportedly-cleared-to-oversee-mueller-probe-2018-12
=================================================================

Well well well this should be interesting I can hear the left whining already. I doubt he will do much however.

Re: DOJ ethics officials cleared Matthew Whitaker to oversee the Mueller probe

If the Dem/Rep situation here was reversed, you would be screaming bias.

I think Whitaker cares about his reputation and will probably avoid actions that make him look like he isn’t impartial.

If the Dem/Rep situation here was reversed, you would be screaming bias.
NOPE!Because I'd be smart enough to realize there was no collusion.

It seems there was some mistake. The DoJ said no such thing, yet all the media carried the same lie about them being happy with him this morning....

https://www.businessinsider.com/matthew-whitaker-reportedly-cleared-to-oversee-mueller-probe-2018-12

Well well well this should be interesting I can hear the left whining already. I doubt he will do much however.

Best check that again- they recommended recusal

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...-name_hp-breaking-news:page/breaking-news-bar

Thread title is innacurate.

They did not "clear" him.

They determined that as a sitting supreme they have no jurisdiction.

Not a vindication.

He just got off on a technicality.

I guess I should not listen to Fake News MSNBC

https://www.msnbc.com/hallie-jackson/watch/justice-department-officials-tell-acting-ag-matt-whitaker-he-s-clear-to-oversee-mueller-probe-1403071043834

Justice Department officials tell Acting AG Matt Whitaker he's clear to oversee Mueller probe

Justice department ethics officials told Acting AG Matt Whitaker he doesn't have to recuse himself from overseeing the probe being led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, as NBC's Ken Dilanian explains.
Dec. 20, 2018

Oh my goodness even CNN is reporting FAKE NEWS who would have thought??

[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=cnn+whitaker+doj+ethic+mueller&view=detail&mid=1DF9C676EC53D089867F1DF9C676EC53D089867F&FORM=VIRE[/video]

Too bad Trump dragged his feet on this one. </sarcasm> The Mueller investigation is way too advanced for Trump to avoid the oncoming train.

The evidence is spread to state AGs and the House is ready to subpoena him in a heartbeat.

I think Whitaker cares about his reputation and will probably avoid actions that make him look like he isn’t impartial.

I'm skeptical about that Bob.

I'm skeptical about that Bob.

Fingers crossed, but it isn’t something on which I would feel confident enough to bet money either way.

Fingers crossed, but it isn’t something on which I would feel confident enough to bet money either way.

Well I think if there's anything we've learned in the past 3 years it's that anything is possible.

Nobody SHOULD drink.

Guess you missed the point.

At this point it's a nonissue. They have got Whitaker pretty much squared away in knowing his place and he's not going to be messing with anybody. That's why you haven't been hearing much of anything from or about Whitaker lately. Even with all of the events taking place in past couple of weeks with the Mueller investigation. Trump knows that too. That's why he named Bar to be his next Attorney General after saying just weeks earlier that he was no hurry to name one.

Back
Top Bottom