• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DOJ appeals federal ruling on transportation mask mandate

BlueTex

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Let the dictionary wars begin!

The Justice Department on Wednesday appealed a ruling by a federal judge that struck down the mask mandate for mass transportation, following a recommendation by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"It is CDC's continuing assessment that at this time an order requiring masking in the indoor transportation corridor remains necessary for the public health," the CDC said in a statement. "CDC will continue to monitor public health conditions to determine whether such an order remains necessary. CDC believes this is a lawful order, well within CDC's legal authority to protect public health."

In the wake of Monday's ruling, the Justice Department had considered whether to fight a court decision that caught much of the administration, airline industry, local public transit departments and everyday Americans off-guard. The appeal means that the administration will head to a higher court to extend the mandate -- despite the fact that many airlines and public transit systems have already decided to make masks optional following the court ruling.

The Justice Department's appellate filings didn't immediately include a request for a stay seeking to put the court order on hold and reinstate the mask mandate, a standard move in emergency circumstances.

That's an indication that the legal effort is less about the current Covid-19 conditions and more about trying to preserve the CDC's authority in the future.

Let the dictionary wars begin!

The Justice Department on Wednesday appealed a ruling by a federal judge that struck down the mask mandate for mass transportation, following a recommendation by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"It is CDC's continuing assessment that at this time an order requiring masking in the indoor transportation corridor remains necessary for the public health," the CDC said in a statement. "CDC will continue to monitor public health conditions to determine whether such an order remains necessary. CDC believes this is a lawful order, well within CDC's legal authority to protect public health."

In the wake of Monday's ruling, the Justice Department had considered whether to fight a court decision that caught much of the administration, airline industry, local public transit departments and everyday Americans off-guard. The appeal means that the administration will head to a higher court to extend the mandate -- despite the fact that many airlines and public transit systems have already decided to make masks optional following the court ruling.

The Justice Department's appellate filings didn't immediately include a request for a stay seeking to put the court order on hold and reinstate the mask mandate, a standard move in emergency circumstances.

That's an indication that the legal effort is less about the current Covid-19 conditions and more about trying to preserve the CDC's authority in the future.

And Psaki told us today the real reason for the appeal.

It's all about power. Science has nothing to do with it.

And Psaki told us today the real reason for the appeal.

It's all about power. Science has nothing to do with it.

How come the part that says "forced masking on airplanes" is not in quotes like the preceding part of the video title?

If you don't like wearing a mask on public transportation then didn't fly or fly on a private jet. The Omnicron B2 variant is growing and we must respond with basic measures such as a mask. What is it about wearing a simple paper mask that is so offensive to conservatives?

Why didn’t they ask for a stay?

How many lives will be lost because of it?

If you want to continue to wear a mask you are free to do so. Allow everyone the choice on how to proceed

It’s funny because LAX is technically now under an “emergency order” from the LA county health officer, that only applies to the airport, but I am in LAX right now and mask compliance is at most 20 percent, the cops and the TSA aren’t wearing masks.

Why didn’t they ask for a stay?

How many lives will be lost because of it?
Everyone in the Biden admin needs to be sent to Hague for all Covid deaths now because they didn’t stay the ruling.

If you don't like wearing a mask on public transportation then didn't fly or fly on a private jet. The Omnicron B2 variant is growing and we must respond with basic measures such as a mask. What is it about wearing a simple paper mask that is so offensive to conservatives?

Or I’ll just not wear a mask since you lost that battle and even at airports that have tried to mandate masks no one is following the rule

Everyone in the Biden admin needs to be sent to Hague for all Covid deaths now because they didn’t stay the ruling.
And again, the party of law and order has spoken.

"Lock her up" just doesn't cut it any more.

In case the point flew over your head, this is the type of language democrats were using about Trump

In case the point flew over your head, this is the type of language democrats were using about Trump
My post was not about whatever cherry picked comments you are referring to.

As if you could absolve your fascist post with a whataboutism.

Masks dont do anything. You should know this by now. And maybe it is the neurotics who should find another way to travel and let the rational people do as they please.

That was sarcasm not fascism. Try to learn the difference.

As if you could absolve your fascist post with a whataboutism.
The leftwing media apparatus is a fascist institution?

I was on a plane last week. Cheers when the pilot announced no mask mandate. Maybe one in five wore a mask.

Democrats don’t seem to get the national mood very well.

I was on a plane last week. Cheers when the pilot announced no mask mandate. Maybe one in five wore a mask.

Democrats don’t seem to get the national mood very well.
I flew from LAX to Seattle last week when the mandate was enjoined, the ruling came down as I was walking off the jetway in SEA.

Today I flew back from SEA to LAX and Los Angeles county health officer Barbara Führer made an “emergency public health order” that only applies to airplanes and airports largely, so I get off the jetway at LAX and there’s signs everywhere talking about this new mandate and I saw a single didget number of masks. No one was really following it.

Back
Top Bottom