• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DOJ Accuses U.S. Biz of Discrimination for Requiring Proof of Work Eligibility

Kurmugeon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Here is an article about JudicialWatch being aghast that the Obama-Lynch DOJ is fining companies for requiring employees to provide a green card or proof of citizenship.

In other words, if the company does NOT hire Illegals, they get fined!

DOJ Accuses U.S. Biz of Discrimination for Requiring Proof of Work Eligibility - Judicial Watch

DOJ Accuses U.S. Biz of Discrimination for Requiring Proof of Work Eligibility

SEPTEMBER 02, 2015

In its crusade to protect and assist illegal immigrants, the Obama administration has accused an American company of discrimination for requiring employees to furnish proof that they are eligible to work legally in the United States.

You know the nation is in trouble when a U.S. business gets investigated by its own government for following the law. The case involves a Nebraska meat packing company that demanded workers to furnish proof of immigration status for the federal employment eligibility verification process. The Obama Department of Justice (DOJ) went after the company, accusing it of engaging in employment discrimination.

In particular the DOJ’s Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices objected to non-U.S. citizens being “targeted” because of their citizenship status. “The department’s investigation found that the company required non-U.S. citizens, but not similarly-situated U.S. citizens, to present specific documentary proof of their immigration status to verify their employment eligibility,” the DOJ claims. This could constitute a violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), the feds assert, because its anti-discrimination provision prohibits employers from making documentary demands based on citizenship or national origin when verifying an employee’s authorization to work.

With the feds breathing down its neck the business, Nebraska Beef Ltd, agreed to pay Uncle Sam a $200,000 civil penalty and establish an uncapped back pay fund to compensate individuals who lost wages because they couldn’t prove they are in the county legally. Additionally, the business will undergo “compliance monitoring,” which means big brother will be watching very closely. The head of the DOJ’s civil rights division explains that the agency is on a mission to eliminate “unnecessary and discriminatory barriers to employment” so workers can support their families and contribute to the U.S. economy.

This case is part of a broader effort by the Obama administration to helps illegal aliens in the U.S. Besides shielding tens of millions from deportation via an executive amnesty order, the president has also expanded the DOJ to help carry out part of this mission. It’s why the agency’s civil rights division has grown immensely under Obama. A few years ago Judicial Watch reported that the DOJ’s civil rights division launched a secret group to monitor laws passed by states and local municipalities to control illegal immigration. Because the measures are viewed as discriminatory and anti-immigrant by the administration, the DOJ has spent huge sums of taxpayer dollars to track them and legally challenge them as it did in Arizona.

The federal tentacles have reached deeply into the workplace. A few years ago the DOJ civil rights division, under the leadership of renowned illegal alien advocate Thomas Perez, launched a plan to eliminate tests that supposedly discriminate against minorities in the workplace. The administration defines them as having a “disparate impact,” a racial discrimination created by the various written exams. The tests disproportionately screen out people of ...

So, if you're a WHITE American Born worker, the Obama Administration wants you out of the work place, and an Illegal in your place?

Just what the Hell is going on here?!

-

Last edited:
Pretty sad when you can't count of the Department of Justice to follow existing federal law (isn't work eligibility check a required part of the hiring process?)

But then again, it's a clear indication of how politicized Obama's DOJ really is.

Like every app I have ever filled out has questions about your citizenship status..

Like every app I have ever filled out has questions about your citizenship status..

Except that now, Under the Obama DOJ, if a corporation hires the American Citizen, instead of the Illegal, they get huge fines!?

What the hell is going on?

Isn't this grounds for Impeachment and Removal from Office!?

-

Here is an article about JudicialWatch being aghast that the Obama-Lynch DOJ is fining companies for requiring employees to provide a green card or proof of citizenship.

DOJ Accuses U.S. Biz of Discrimination for Requiring Proof of Work Eligibility - Judicial Watch

So, if you're a WHITE American Born worker, the Obama Administration want you out of the work place, and an Illegal in your place?

-

I call BS. Way more to the story than the way it's presented even if it's true, which I highly doubt. Ever hear of an I-9? Every employer must complete per Fed Law and now someone is trying to tell me the DOJ is fining/prosecuting employers for JUST FILLING OUT this.

*cough*bull*****cough*

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-9.pdf

What they probably did was violate the Anti-discrimination clause on the I-9.

Preventing Discrimination in the Form I-9 Process

Employers must accept any document an employee presents from the Lists of Acceptable Documents, as long as the document reasonably appears to be genuine and to relate to the employee. Employers must not:

Demand that an employee show specific documents
Ask to see employment authorization documents before an individual accepts a job offer
Refuse to accept a document, or refuse to hire an individual, because a document will expire in the future
Refuse to accept a receipt that is acceptable for Form I-9 purposes
Demand a specific document when reverifying that an employee is authorized to work
Remember: Employers must reject documents that do not reasonably appear to be genuine or to relate to the individual presenting them.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/employee-rights-resources/preventing-discrimination

The government said that E-verify would end all problems.........................LMFAO

Immigrants only do the jobs that Americans refuse to do......LMFAO

Anti-discrimination laws affecting private citizens need to be repealed and made unconstitutional by amendment.

Most companies ask for proof of work eligibility. There must be more to this specific story.

The government said that E-verify would end all problems.........................LMFAO

It would go a long way if all the states used it in it's entirety. Unfortunatly only a small handful of states do.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/illegal-immigration/map-states-mandatory-e-verify-laws.html

Immigrants only do the jobs that Americans refuse to do......LMFAO

There is some truth to that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...0-farm-workers-only-7-americans-stuck-it-out/

This is why Bush Jr tried to get a guest worker program going, but he couldn't get it through congress.

So, if you're a WHITE American Born worker, the Obama Administration wants you out of the work place, and an Illegal in your place?

-

This is one of those absolutely insane rules. As an employer every new hire has to fill out an I-9 and produce certain documents showing their eligibility to work. If they don't fill out the I-9 you, as the employer, get nailed to the wall. However, you aren't allowed to ask for documents that aren't on the list or express concern that a given document might be a forgery. You get nailed to the wall for doing that too.

-

You should check into the subtle discriminatory hiring practices this administration has instituted within the Federal Government. Through their aggressive "diversity" programs, an atmosphere has been created where federal government managers feel pressured to hire those from targeted minority groups over others.

-
Every worker is required to fill out an I-9, not just brown ones.

Except that now, Under the Obama DOJ, if a corporation hires the American Citizen, instead of the Illegal, they get huge fines!?

What the hell is going on?

Isn't this grounds for Impeachment and Removal from Office!?

Obama is giving you Reprobates the finger for your behavior and lack of real immigration reform.

Its too late to impeach him.

Better treat Hillary better.

Back
Top Bottom