• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dog alerts parents to abusive babysitter

Hicup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Dog's reaction to sitter made parents suspicious.
When the Jordan family moved to Charleston, S.C., with their then 7-month-old son, Finn, they hired a 22-year-old babysitter whose background check had come up clean. And while they trusted Alexis Khan with the care of their baby for five months — their dog didn’t.
“We started to notice that our dog was very defensive of our son when she would come in the door,” said Benjamin Jordan. “He was very aggressive towards her and a few times we actually had to physically restrain our dog from going towards her.”

Linky: Dog alerts parents to abusive babysitter- Off the Leash - Family-Parenting - MSN Living

Anyone that abuses a child IMO needs to be slapped silly.. Good Dog!

Tim-

Why just slapped? I think something worse needs to be done.

So she passed the background check but not the much more reliable dog test.

Last edited:
Dogs are so much smarter than many people believe. They are capable of acts and rationale that require substantial intelligence, animal-wise. Plus they are flat-out awesome!

Linky: Dog alerts parents to abusive babysitter- Off the Leash - Family-Parenting - MSN Living

Anyone that abuses a child IMO needs to be slapped silly.. Good Dog!

Tim-

The Rest of the Story:

That made the parents suspicious, and they decided to put a phone under the couch to record what was happening in the house. The audio recording captured the sounds of the sitter cussing at and slapping the baby while he cried.

Khan was taken into police custody and pleaded guilty to assault and battery. She’ll be placed on a child abuse registry so she won’t be allowed to work with kids again.

Yet another reason I'd save my dog first. ;)

We have a dog that did not particularly like out first son, but she still guards the second like he is her puppy

We have a dog that did not particularly like out first son, but she still guards the second like he is her puppy

Dogs are funny. They do things for their own reasons, but sometimes their reasons are outside of human comprehension.

Dogs are funny. They do things for their own reasons, but sometimes their reasons are outside of human comprehension.

I think she was jealous of the first. Plus my wife was very protective of the oldest and didn't like the dog licking him, sniffing him, etc. By the time the second one came, she was like, "Here dog, you feed him" It is more that human learning curve that babies are not really going to croak if you do anything whatsoever wrong.

Dogs are excellent judges of character.

Depends on the breed. I haven't seen too many Chihuahua's or poodles that had any good sense at all.

Of the two dogs I own, both mixed breed rescues, one seems to judge people, the other just judges people by if they give him food or pet his head. The female, if she dislikes you, she will the capital B in Bitch.

Depends on the breed. I haven't seen too many Chihuahua's or poodles that had any good sense at all.

Of the two dogs I own, both mixed breed rescues, one seems to judge people, the other just judges people by if they give him food or pet his head. The female, if she dislikes you, she will the capital B in Bitch.

Bernese Mountain Dogs for me.

The Rest of the Story:

Yet another reason I'd save my dog first. ;)

I'm shocked - I say shocked - that you wouldn't save this drowning baby sitter instead of the family's loyal, protective dog. Haven't got time to go back to the other thread to find all the vile names I should call you for that position, so I'll just say shame, shame!!!!

Another case in which the dog was smarter than the parents. My Beagle, not a breed known for intelligence, does my taxes. My junk yard dog manages the entire fleet of vehicles. The other dog, which may be part armadillo, handles my social calendar, and recently ate an evil rug. Could be a promotion to chief of staff for that one.

Another case in which the dog was smarter than the parents. My Beagle, not a breed known for intelligence, does my taxes. My junk yard dog manages the entire fleet of vehicles. The other dog, which may be part armadillo, handles my social calendar, and recently ate an evil rug. Could be a promotion to chief of staff for that one.
Hmmm. I need to have a serious talk with my dog...

Back
Top Bottom