• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Wendy Davis have the Winning Vote for Texas Governor in 2014?

Uh oh, hope this doesn't damage Wendy's sterling reputation among the Dems.

Fp9WHZRl.jpg

Not sure who she's gunning for... maybe an abortion that got away?

Caption: "Hands where I can see them!! Everyone stay calm.. I am only here for the unborn."

Thanks.

so.... more proof that far right tea party birther types are not ruly electable. Stephen Broden, her Republican opponent, was a black pastor running in a heavily black district (good), who picked up some early endorsements (also good), but then had a habit of spiraling down into birth certificate musings and other conspiracies (not good). I still like Pastor Broden though.

Well, it's actually proof of what I said earlier... Johnson has a loyal constituency because she's responsive to them. I liked Broden too, but he coulda been Denzel Washington and still not had a chance to beat her. She'll be replaced when she retires, and not before. ;)

Well, it's actually proof of what I said earlier... Johnson has a loyal constituency because she's responsive to them. I liked Broden too, but he coulda been Denzel Washington and still not had a chance to beat her. She'll be replaced when she retires, and not before. ;)

She must have some pretty amazing loyalty to compensate for her unrepentent and elitist attitude after the scholarship fiasco ("Well, there are no qualified blacks in my district"). In addition, I think she was ranked as one of the most ineffective long term legislators in congress. That may only rank things like serving on committees etc., not direct support to individual constituents.

She must have some pretty amazing loyalty to compensate for her unrepentent and elitist attitude after the scholarship fiasco ("Well, there are no qualified blacks in my district"). In addition, I think she was ranked as one of the most ineffective long term legislators in congress. That may only rank things like serving on committees etc., not direct support to individual constituents.

If you lived in her district, you might understand her comment. ;)

Yes, what she did was unethical, but it wasn't illegal. I think folks could relate to giving a hand up to relatives. After all, nobody complains about Baracks mil living rent free in the wh, do they? Or his passing out good paying positions to major donors to his campaign.

Rep Johnson is 78 yrs old and has served 12 terms. She's one of the old guard that people like Wendy Davis hope to replace.

Back
Top Bottom