• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Wendy Davis have the Winning Vote for Texas Governor in 2014?

She's a hotty, but apparently a liar. So perfect for the job. :lol: She'll be the kind of conservative Dana loves, liberal.

I'm renting a bus to shuttle all of the illegal voters I find to get Wendy voted in. Most voters in Texas are illegal. Well, at least 2 or 3 are. But you can bet that I'll find'em. It may take me a few years...but god as my witness, I'll find'em..

I'm renting a bus to shuttle all of the illegal voters I find to get Wendy voted in. Most voters in Texas are illegal. Well, at least 2 or 3 are. But you can bet that I'll find'em. It may take me a few years...but god as my witness, I'll find'em..

She is hot isn't she? :mrgreen:

wendy-davis-at-july-1-2013-protest_custom-823028f31c2f0d19f85ce29ca0381aa2ce389f5e-s6-c30.jpg

Uh huh!

I'm sorry guys, she's my favorite for tonight.

Last edited:
Uh oh, hope this doesn't damage Wendy's sterling reputation among the Dems.

Fp9WHZRl.jpg

Not sure who she's gunning for... maybe an abortion that got away?

Do you guys remember Wendy Davis taking the Texas state Senator taking the media and twitter by storm when she filibustered a bill dealing with women's health?

Well now she thinks that she has enough popularity to run for one of the most visible Governorships in the USA, Texas.

I personally like her, but i feel she is too green to win this seat. Also the soft sexism that is within the state of T exas makes me think that it will not happen. This article on Rare sums up how I feel the best. Do you guys agree that Davis is a good canidate but will just not make it due to her state?

Article: Rare.us | Winning the Wendy Davis vote

You "like her"? Why? Because she married rich, lied about her past, dumped her kids on her husband the day he paid off her student loans to Haaavard, cheated on him and oh... divorced him?

You like her because she supports killing children after 20 weeks of life?

Yeah, she's a real hero that one.

I think it will sway the women's vote

Don't follow Texas politics but I have a hard time believing that Texans are so different from average Americans who consider Jobs and the Economy as the two major issues by far. And I have a hard time believing that Texas women are so different from the people in Sweden who understand that a fetus is viable at 22 weeks and seldom allow abortions at that point or the people of France who limit abortions at 12 weeks and almost never have abortions after 18 weeks. Davis seems so extreme that she came to fame protesting such progressive policies.

Don't follow Texas politics but I have a hard time believing that Texans are so different from average Americans who consider Jobs and the Economy as the two major issues by far. And I have a hard time believing that Texas women are so different from the people in Sweden who understand that a fetus is viable at 22 weeks and seldom allow abortions at that point or the people of France who limit abortions at 12 weeks and almost never have abortions after 18 weeks. Davis seems so extreme that she came to fame protesting such progressive policies.

Good points, but dont forget her strong points... shes a blonde bimbo which makes her an ideal candidate for the Democrats. You know how they hate smart women. ;)

Calling Davis a "bimbo" or suggesting that she's dumb isn't fair. There is so much that can and should be said about her, but she's not stupid.

Calling Davis a "bimbo" or suggesting that she's dumb isn't fair. There is so much that can and should be said about her, but she's not stupid.

Wait, are we talking about Wendy Davis or Sarah Palin?

See thread's title.

Simply pointing out the double standard. Davis has done nothing to prove her capabilities except play to the pro abortion fringe.

Shes a bimbo.

Nope, not stupid. Just damned dirty. Dumped her kids on hubby the day after he paid off her college oh and cheated on him. Oh and she lied about her "life story". But hey, she went to Haaaavard" She must be SMART!

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062385873 said:
I'm glad Wendy is in the race. She can't possibly raise the funds needed to beat Greg Abbott so I'm thinking she will attract nation-wide democratic resources to her race which means other democratic candidates across the country will have fewer resources to launch campaigns. I'm glad she's running since her soaking up resources in a losing campaign becomes a win-win for Texas and the nation. ;)

I doubt it will be happening from the DNP.....they have no money to transfer to Senators, this election cycle.

Here is some info on Davis. This was back in July of 2013. You tell me.....if it played out correctly.

header.jpg

Davis popular, but Gubernatorial bid a long shot......

Nevertheless Davis would trail Rick Perry by 14 points in a hypothetical match up, 53/39. While Davis' standing has improved over the last five months so has Perry's. Although he remains unpopular, with 45% of voters approving of him to 50% who disapprove, his approval is up a net 8 points from January when he was at a -13 spread (41/54). In addition to his lead over Davis, Perry also leads Julian Castro 50/43, Bill White 50/40, and Annise Parker 52/35. In January he led this quartet of Democrats by an average of 4 points, now he leads them by an average of 12.

The main reason for Perry's improved numbers is enhanced standing with the Republican base, and that's playing out in his primary election numbers too. In January Perry's approval with GOP voters was 68/26, but that's up to 81/16 now. Perry now leads Greg Abbott 46/34 in a hypothetical primary election, up from 41/38 in January.....snip~

Public Policy Polling: Governor 2014

Simply pointing out the double standard. Davis has done nothing to prove her capabilities except play to the pro abortion fringe.

Shes a bimbo.

Its showing.

Abbott leads Davis by 15.....

PPP's newest poll of next year's race for Governor of Texas finds Republican Greg Abbott expanding his lead over Democrat Wendy Davis. Abbott now has a 15 point advantage at 50/35. That's up a good amount from our last poll, conducted the week of Davis' famous filibuster, when Abbott led just 48/40. But it's pretty comparable to what we found in January when he had a 46/34 lead.

For a Democrat to win in Texas they need to do 2 things: win independents by a decent sized margin, and get double digit crossover support from Republicans. Right now Davis is falling short on both of those fronts. With independents she's managing only a tie at 44%. And she's winning over only 6% of Republicans, far less than the share of Democrats who say right now that they lean toward Abbott. Of course she has a year to try to change that.

Rick Perry's retirement probably hurt Davis' prospects for being elected Governor. Perry continues to be unpopular with 45% of voters approving of the job he's doing to 50% who disapprove. Those numbers are identical to where they were in June, indicating that Perry hasn't received any sort of post retirement announcement bounce as politicians sometimes do. Perry's numbers are particularly abysmal among independents, with 34% approving of him and 60% disapproving. This is a case where Democrats might have had a better chance running against an incumbent than a new face.....snip~

Public Policy Polling: Governor 2014

I'd never even heard of Wendy Davis until her pro-abortion campaign and she's from Ft Worth. I'm not a die-hard Republican when it comes to state politics. I was a big Ann Richards fan and Eddie Bernice Johnson has been my Congresswoman for years. Where EBJ is concerned, you can't mention in her name in a crowd of people without someone having a story to tell about how she helped them out one time. She's very responsive to her constituents... and you can't ask for more than that from either party.

Where EBJ is concerned, you can't mention in her name in a crowd of people without someone having a story to tell about how she helped them out one time. She's very responsive to her constituents... and you can't ask for more than that from either party.

Surely you are being sarcastic. Is not Eddie Bernice Jhnson the same represenative caught funneling scholarship money to her own family members and then claiming that there were no qualified potential recepients in her district?

Its too bad that the Republicans ran a black far right tea party type canidate against her (though I must admit that I like Pastor Brody). A black republican with a more moderate message might have bumped her out.

Not sure who she's gunning for... maybe an abortion that got away?
Speaking of guns, Davis jsut came out in support of the open carry of pistols.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/06/wendy-davis-supports-open-carry-law/

Clearly a sign of desperation given her past voting record. Not only desperate, but probably un needed. After the "Popcorn Pistoleer", "Boom Box Dunn", and even "Z-man" many people, even in Texas, might be getting tired of "I am qualified for "X" because I appease the NRA" type presentations.

I hope Abbot does not make NRA appeasement a center piece of his campaign. It wont cost him the elections, but it might hurt the party over all.

Last edited:
Is not Eddie Bernice Jhnson the same represenative caught funneling scholarship money to her own family members and then claiming that there were no qualified potential recepients in her district?

Its too bad that the Republicans ran a far right tea party type canidate against her. A black republican with a more moderate message might have bumped her out.

I am pretty sure that was Sheila Jackson the Democrat.....that got scholarships for all her family members and relatives. Then was called on it. Just sayin!
yo2.gif

You "like her"? Why? Because she married rich, lied about her past, dumped her kids on her husband the day he paid off her student loans to Haaavard, cheated on him and oh... divorced him?

You like her because she supports killing children after 20 weeks of life?

Yeah, she's a real hero that one.

Sadly... many do look up to her for those things.

No Abortion Barbie does not have a chance at anything but remaining famous for getting her Strom Thurmond on, albeit with pink shoes and out of hatred for a different group of human beings.

Davis has just come out for the open carry of pistols.

Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law | Fox News

Given her previous voting record, this is pure desperation- and I love it. I just hope Abbot does not make open carry laws the center of his campaign. Though it wont cost him the election, it might hurt the Republicans in the long run.

The general public, even in Texas, might be getting tired of "gotta appease the NRA type" campaigns after "Boom Box Dunn", the "Popcorn Pistoleer" and "Z-Man". That is not to say that Texas will ever be anti gun, just that they might not want more gun legislation in the fore front.

I am pretty sure that was Sheila Jackson the Democrat.....that got scholarships for all her family members and relatives. Then was called on it. Just sayin!
yo2.gif

No, it was Johnson, not Jackson. Both are democrats, both are from Texas and both are black women. Johnson, however, had the scholarship fiasco.

Last edited:
Yes, you're right Cryptic, it was Eddie Bernice Johnson in the scholarship scandal. No charges were filed and she was re-elected after that, so...

Yes, you're right Cryptic, it was Eddie Bernice Johnson in the scholarship scandal. No charges were filed and she was re-elected after that, so...
Thanks.

so.... more proof that far right tea party birther types are not ruly electable. Stephen Broden, her Republican opponent, was a black pastor running in a heavily black district (good), who picked up some early endorsements (also good), but then had a habit of spiraling down into birth certificate musings and other conspiracies (not good). I still like Pastor Broden though.

Back
Top Bottom