• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Wendy Davis have the Winning Vote for Texas Governor in 2014?

I don't think these are lies. I remember watching the evening news with these reports coming through as it happened. They didn't dump the jars because they were removed.

Imagine whatever you want. The DPS seized none of the stuff.

She may get plenty of votes, but Texans are not supporters of abortion. Her filibuster will be a source of campaign contribution from outsiders, but the voters of Texas will not be convinced. In the end, and because of pro-life Texans 53%R 47%D.

I don't see that as being the case at all. The religious vote, of course, doesn't favor abortion, but there are plenty of Texans who are not religious people, and tend to vote for Republicans based on economic, not social, issues.

I don't see that as being the case at all. The religious vote, of course, doesn't favor abortion, but there are plenty of Texans who are not religious people, and tend to vote for Republicans based on economic, not social, issues.

I think it will sway the women's vote

Yes but those that are not fiscally conservative, are more likely to be socially conservative in Texas than in other states. On most issues Wendy is more conservative than many NE squish republicans, but the pro-life crew will never even consider her.

It may. I really haven't been paying too much attention, but I should start looking into it.

She does seem to have some depth to her unlike Perry. But then a again that ain't saying much.

Imagine whatever you want. The DPS seized none of the stuff.

Fro the artical you posted: see underlined
First, the Department of Public Safety claimed it found one jar of urine and 18 jars of feces among abortion-rights supporters protesting at the state Capitol on July 12. After much skepticism, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst said a week later that he had personally seen some of the disgusting items while monitoring inspections. Now, after examining 144 pages of documents released by DPS in relation to “poopgate,” the Austin American-Statesman and Texas Tribune found not a shred of evidence that any urine or feces had been found. That’s despite the fact that DPS Director Steven McCraw sent an email to his charges saying he was “tired of reading that we made this stuff up,” and unsuccessfully pleading for someone to step forward with evidence.

Here are three eye witnesses, All the news report proves is that no one could find documentation. I doubt that this would have been all over the network news had there been no confirmation at all.

Fro the artical you posted: see underlined
First, the Department of Public Safety claimed it found one jar of urine and 18 jars of feces among abortion-rights supporters protesting at the state Capitol on July 12. After much skepticism, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst said a week later that he had personally seen some of the disgusting items while monitoring inspections. Now, after examining 144 pages of documents released by DPS in relation to “poopgate,” the Austin American-Statesman and Texas Tribune found not a shred of evidence that any urine or feces had been found. That’s despite the fact that DPS Director Steven McCraw sent an email to his charges saying he was “tired of reading that we made this stuff up,” and unsuccessfully pleading for someone to step forward with evidence.

Here are three eye witnesses, All the news report proves is that no one could find documentation. I doubt that this would have been all over the network news had there been no confirmation at all.

Well I guess the guys that are in LAW ENFORCEMENT and know about and are required to build cases on EVIDENCE should have some

Well I guess the guys that are in LAW ENFORCEMENT and know about and are required to build cases on EVIDENCE should have some

Point taken, but I being pro-life don't mind being accused of confirmation bias by believing the good LT. Governor's eye witness testimony.

Point taken, but I being pro-life don't mind being accused of confirmation bias by believing the good LT. Governor's eye witness testimony.

You are hereby officially from where I reside in the Great State of Texas and the County of Dallas, Township of Highland Park accused of confirmation bias as recorded on the internetz! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I'm glad Wendy is in the race. She can't possibly raise the funds needed to beat Greg Abbott so I'm thinking she will attract nation-wide democratic resources to her race which means other democratic candidates across the country will have fewer resources to launch campaigns. I'm glad she's running since her soaking up resources in a losing campaign becomes a win-win for Texas and the nation. ;)

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062385873 said:
I'm glad Wendy is in the race. She can't possibly raise the funds needed to beat Greg Abbott so I'm thinking she will attract nation-wide democratic resources to her race which means other democratic candidates across the country will have fewer resources to launch campaigns. I'm glad she's running since her soaking up resources in a losing campaign becomes a win-win for Texas and the nation. ;)

I think the Democratic Campaign Committee is smart enough to know that this is a losing race, or at least to know that they should wait until its proven to be competitive before they start pouring money into it.

I think the Democratic Campaign Committee is smart enough to know that this is a losing race, or at least to know that they should wait until its proven to be competitive before they start pouring money into it.

That's not what I think. Dems want Texas in a bad way. The will do anything at any cost to elect a dem governor.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062385985 said:
That's not what I think. Dems want Texas in a bad way. The will do anything at any cost to elect a dem governor.

For all their flaws Democrats are good at elections. They may talk about Texas being close to becoming blue because its good for the message, but they know that's still a long way away.

You are hereby officially from where I reside in the Great State of Texas and the County of Dallas, Township of Highland Park accused of confirmation bias as recorded on the internetz! :mrgreen:

Ah Dallas that explains it... well I'm over in God's country west of Ft. Worth.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062385873 said:

Excellent point.

After all the kerfuffle, Davis realized she'd stepped over the Texas line and was running around a while back claiming the Pro-Life banner, of all things. She's toast, but having lost the race for Governor she'll make an excellent political contributor for MSNBC.

Us'ins on the po' side of town agree with that confirmation.

Highland Park? *sticks out pinky*

We shall see. She most likely has has this native Texan's vote.

Out of curiosity, do you still lean this way, given all that has come out in the last couple of days about her consistent lies about her past, etc?

I think the Democrats are going to have to find a new darling. This one's a soiled dove. ;)

Do you guys remember Wendy Davis taking the Texas state Senator taking the media and twitter by storm when she filibustered a bill dealing with women's health?

Well now she thinks that she has enough popularity to run for one of the most visible Governorships in the USA, Texas.

I personally like her, but i feel she is too green to win this seat. Also the soft sexism that is within the state of T exas makes me think that it will not happen. This article on Rare sums up how I feel the best. Do you guys agree that Davis is a good canidate but will just not make it due to her state?

Article: Rare.us | Winning the Wendy Davis vote

RCP gives Abbott a 50-35 lead over Davis.

Why the hell not? ;)

He said in October that he was going to run for Ag Commissioner, though.

Davis' chances of winning are extremely small. Texas is too red for her to win in the foreseeable future.

She's a hotty, but apparently a liar. So perfect for the job. :lol: She'll be the kind of conservative Dana loves, liberal.

Back
Top Bottom