• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does Trump want to be president?

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
or does he just want to be a candidate?

[FONT=&quot]One day this past May, Donald Trump's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich [/FONT]declared[FONT=&quot] in March that Trump was "really not prepared to be president of the United States," and the following month he took the highly unusual step of [/FONT]coordinating[FONT=&quot] with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history? When Kasich's adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father's vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy. Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of? "Making America great again" was the casual reply.[/FONT]

He wants his VP to be in charge of domestic and foreign policy (is t here another kind?) while he works on "making America Great again."

No doubt by wearing a cap that says, "Make America Great Again."

What a joke this candidate is!

source

He wants his VP to be in charge of domestic and foreign policy (is t here another kind?) while he works on "making America Great again."

source

Are you kidding me? He's put $30 million of his own money in it. And you ask that? $3.5 million last month. And you ask that?

The JOKE is on people like you who don't want to believe Americans are sooo fed up as to not want YET ANOTHER rote politician in the White House...especially Hillary Clinton and her tribe.

source

The Yahoo story has been denied by the Trump camp, but if true, why is it a bad thing? Hiring the best people possible is the difference between successful and unsuccessful business managers, and like it or not, the government is the worlds largest business.

I think he does. His ego wants it. However, he's doing everything in his power to make people think he's insane.

I think he does. His ego wants it. However, he's doing everything in his power to make people think he's insane.

And in that respect, he's done a great job at that.

Are you kidding me? He's put $30 million of his own money in it. And you ask that? $3.5 million last month. And you ask that?

The JOKE is on people like you who don't want to believe Americans are sooo fed up as to not want YET ANOTHER rote politician in the White House...especially Hillary Clinton and her tribe.

He's put money he's borrowed from himself into the campaign in the hopes it will be paid back from campaign donations. His "self funded campaign" is just so much smoke and mirrors. Anyway, he's having a great time going around making speeches and making outrageous statements. When it comes to governing, he has no clue.

And there are worse things than having another "rote politician" in the White House, such as being taken in by a fraud and conman.

He's put money he's borrowed from himself into the campaign in the hopes it will be paid back from campaign donations. His "self funded campaign" is just so much smoke and mirrors. Anyway, he's having a great time going around making speeches and making outrageous statements. When it comes to governing, he has no clue.

And there are worse things than having another "rote politician" in the White House, such as being taken in by a fraud and conman.

How much money did the other candidates put in of THEIR own money? On either side of the aisle? Give credit where it's due.

Those 'fed up' Americans have understandable grievances but there are succumbing to the worst banes of populism and need to be kept in check. Luckily the signs are pointing to that being highly likely.

How much money did the other candidates put in of THEIR own money? On either side of the aisle? Give credit where it's due.

Which other candidates have claimed to have a self funded campaign?

source

LOL

The scared sure dream up some interesting theories. This meme was floated awhile back. I guess they are getting desperate and tossing out anything they can get their hands on.

source

It's a cool package he gets. Car, helicopter, plane, nice house, rose garden..... Free golfing? I mean, it's as good as it gets.

Good post!

source

What I see is Donald wants to run the country the way he and his family run their businesses. They all want a say in how to do it with little help from anyone else. That is how his campaign was run, and was not a good convention.

As Mark Cuban pointed out there is a lot of potential financial gain for the Trump brand especially if he loses in a close race.

As Mark Cuban pointed out there is a lot of potential financial gain for the Trump brand especially if he loses in a close race.

Oh, I'm guessing HCs speaking fees will go up considerably if SHE loses.

The joke is on white middle aged republicans who think they don't need minorities to win elections.

Well then, the American voters will have spoken.

Trump seems to be inspiring the Black and Hispanic population to get out and vote....so we'll see who has the last word come election day.

Trump seems to be inspiring the Black and Hispanic population to get out and vote....so we'll see who has the last word come election day.

Last word is always the American voters. Never fails.

Last word is always the American voters. Never fails.

Only if you ignore the electoral college.....or the year the Supreme Court chose the president.

Yes, he wants to be President. He doesn't want to do the actual work involved. That will fall to his VP. In fact, the only upside to being Trump's OP is, for the most part, you will wield the power of the President as long as you don't piss Trump off.

If Trump wins the VP and his Chief of Staff will be running the country.

The Yahoo story has been denied by the Trump camp, but if true, why is it a bad thing? Hiring the best people possible is the difference between successful and unsuccessful business managers, and like it or not, the government is the worlds largest business.

Because we want a President to be the leader not the delegator. Trump just wants other people to be to blame when his ideas fail. He alos knows he is not qualified to be President and is clueless how Govt. works.

Because we want a President to be the leader not the delegator. Trump just wants other people to be to blame when his ideas fail. He alos knows he is not qualified to be President and is clueless how Govt. works.
You dont like leading from behind?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

LOL

The scared sure dream up some interesting theories. This meme was floated awhile back. I guess they are getting desperate and tossing out anything they can get their hands on.

The "meme", or speculative theory that was tossed out a while back was that Trump was running in order to help Hillary get into power. I'm still not ready to dismiss that one either.

Back
Top Bottom