• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Trump take Orders From Talk Radio Hosts

• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
From Republican Senator Corker:

Corker reportedly criticized President Trump’s tendency to be controlled by the opinions of talk-radio hosts, equating their influence over the last 24 hours to “tyranny.”

“Do we succumb to tyranny of radio talk show hosts?” Corker reportedly said, alluding to talk radio personalities like Rush Limbaugh and “Fox & Friends” hosts throwing a fuss when they learned Trump would sign a bill to fund the government that didn’t include $5 billion for a border wall.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-talk-radio-hosts_us_5c1d5371e4b05c88b6f8a6c2

I am not sure even Trump takes order from Limbaugh and Fox&Friends. He is a true wildcard.

He says what his master says.

Since his master is the American voters who put him in office, that's a good thing. (for a change)

Trump is the President. He doesn't "take orders". He "gives orders".

The POTUS (even the mighty Trump) can't order 60 Senators to vote as directed. Very soon he will lose the republicant House majority making his congressional ordering ability (superpower?) even weaker. The bottom line is that congress wants to keep illegal immigration as "an issue" and Trump can't change that by EO.

The POTUS (even the mighty Trump) can't order 60 Senators to vote as directed. Very soon he will lose the republicant House majority making his congressional ordering ability (superpower?) even weaker. The bottom line is that congress wants to keep illegal immigration as "an issue" and Trump can't change that by EO.

Which is entirely irrelevant to the topic of this thread and to my post.

Moving on...

Does Trump take orders from talk radio hosts?

No.

But he is aware that he is the talk radio president. He is the personification of Rush and Sean and all the rest over the last 10-15 years. So if he senses his base (the talk radio audience) is mad at him, he will act.

Trump might be the president of the United States, but he only cares about pleasing his base.

No, he doesn't take orders from them in the literal sense but he is sure influenced by them. He is influenced by all conservative media. Some of them of nefarious credibility.

Nut job Corker has no idea what's going on.

From Republican Senator Corker:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-talk-radio-hosts_us_5c1d5371e4b05c88b6f8a6c2

I am not sure even Trump takes order from Limbaugh and Fox&Friends. He is a true wildcard.

You are kidding right? Trump definitely flipped on his promise to vote for a clean CR because of what he heard by Limbaugh, he even called him when he flipped so he could hear the praise. Narcissists need tons of praise and it has been hard to come by lately.:lol: Trump is scared ****less as he should be. The barbarians are at the gate. Trump is retreating to his radical base like he always does when he feels threatened and he thinks the shutdown is a good distraction from his real problems that are all over the news daily. Empathy is not his strong suit if he has any at all. I guess the irony of him docking the pay of the Boarder Patrol on Christmas is lost on him.

Last edited:
Probably not "orders," per se, but there's no denying that talk radio and other editorialists' input more so drives Trump's rhetoric, decisions, thought processes and actions than does that of subject-matter experts.

No, but he does and has long kept track of what is going on in America by watching TV very closely....he has a knack for it...almost no one ever does this a seriously as he does it.

PuWwaIa.gif

Corker - Meh.

You're right he's another yellow bellied republican that only speaks his mind because he's on the way out. The other cowards that survived the midterms or weren't up for reelection are to chicken sheet to say anything. They would rather watch their country go down in flames than loose reelection. No principal whatsoever.

Last edited:
Nut job Corker has no idea what's going on.

I think you might want to look in the mirror before you accuse others of not knowing what's going on.

Even my dog could tell by the chain of events that Trump was influenced by Limbaugh and others. The timeline is as obvious as a cockroach on a white wedding cake.

It is hard to imagine a more lazy post.

See me if you are ever ready to talk.

I'd rather appear lazy than make utterly absolutely stupid comments.

Last edited:
I'd rather appear lazy than make stupid comments.

Judging from your posts you would rather act as a child then engage in discussion.

That is so sad.

Last edited:
I think you might want to look in the mirror before you accuse others of not knowing what's going on.

Even my dog could tell by the chain of events that Trump was influenced by Limbaugh and others. The timeline is as obvious as a cockroach on a white wedding cake.

I think Trump pays more attention to MSNBC and "fake news" CNN than he does any radio talk show hosts. Trump has never cared what anybody thinks, though he is a scrapper. Like it or not, he is his own man. At least he's not owned by Wall Street like the last president, who did nada to help average homeowners, many of whom are black, but bailed out banks and car companies like he had his head up their keisters.

Back
Top Bottom