• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Trump have unlimited magical powers?

Does Trump have unlimited magical powers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
As often happens, the title is the least interesting thing in the article

Ex-Aide: Trump Cited ‘Magical Authorities’ to Ignore Law

Trump has repeatedly claimed in public to have unlimited powers. “I have an Article II, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president,” he said last year. “When somebody’s the president of the United States, the authority is total,” he asserted this year.

Taylor reveals that Trump not only cited these unlimited (“magical”) powers, but used them as a kind of shorthand to cut off any advice that one of his proposals was illegal. “A lot of times the things he wanted to do not only were impossible but in many cases illegal. He didn’t want us to tell him it was illegal anymore because he knew, and these were his words, he knew that he had ‘magical authorities,’” he recounts.

So....does the Constitution confer unlimited magical powers to the President, and did that also apply to Obama ?

Public poll, so we know who to mock.

Another BS poll and thread.....sigh

At this point it’s time to admit it’s true. :shrug:

In his glorious wisdom He’s dismantling the ability for people to Vote against him safely during a pandemic.

This is a wise move, to stop the American people, whom he loves, at least those who vote for him, from making a terrible mistake.

If he can do this, there are no limits to his power, therefore I’ve gone with a, if you can’t beat them, join them approach.

I’m a Trumpist now.

Far easier to be stupid and having fun, than getting upset about anything by thinking about it.

That "magic" thing got shot down four years ago.

It won't work now, just like it didn't work then.

I have never seen a net that had so many cinch points before it closed...........

As often happens, the title is the least interesting thing in the article

Ex-Aide: Trump Cited ‘Magical Authorities’ to Ignore Law

So....does the Constitution confer unlimited magical powers to the President, and did that also apply to Obama ?

Public poll, so we know who to mock.

Trump has the best never ending power of all. He can say something and make the left run around in circles like chickens with their heads cut off. The best part is, the left never wise up to it and do it over and over and over and over again.

Trump has the best never ending power of all. He can say something and make the left run around in circles like chickens with their heads cut off. The best part is, the left never wise up to it and do it over and over and over and over again.

So in what way is this so? These comments were not made to the media. Therefore, why would he think those evil leftists would hear him? Your logic skills need some work.

He did not have unlimited power.

It may be as simple as he isn't a narcissistic asshole who puts himself and his own fragile little ego ahead of the country. Or perhaps he didn't believe his party would stand idly by while he did everything he could to divide and destroy our country.

Back
Top Bottom