• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Trump have any good qualities?

Not any of special note, yet he managed to win the 2016 POTUS general election over Hillary. Ponder that.

Two turds to choose from, I chose the one that did not contain nuts.

Bush2 won twice, not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Last edited:
It's a sobering thought when important issues come up. And it's money, it's a guiding principle for the shysters, scammers and cons in society. And for a politician who comes from that background.

Considering that the federal government spends more "money" annually than twice the US currency in circulation it is scary indeed. Even a tiny fraction of $4T, clevery misdirected, could make even one's great grandkids exteremly rich.

Nixon resigned before the impeachment vote by the (full) House took place. Trump is likely too sure (full?) of himself to take that easy way out.

I think you're underestimating Trump's desire to save his own ass and his family's collective asses.

So, I hit the spot, eh?

LOL ... I was just thinking of starting a thread in the basement to discuss ironic screen names. Yours is way up there. You couldn't hit the spot if someone held the target right in front of you as you wobbled around the barroom.

He has created a new mental illness: “Trump Derangemet Syndrome”.

I guanantee you that a TDS roll call thread like this will have people making up the nuttiest stuff.

"Trump Droolers"...? What does the "S" stand for??? Seemed like it rhymed with "uckers".

Nixon resigned before the impeachment vote by the (full) House took place. Trump is likely too sure (full?) of himself to take that easy way out.

3 Republican Senators came to the Whitehouse and told him they would vote to impeach him if he didn't resign. So he did.

By then it was clear, however, that Mr. Nixon did not have the votes to save his presidency. The Senate Republican leader, Hugh Scott of Pennsylvania, and two prominent Arizona Republicans — Senator Barry Goldwater and the House minority leader, John Rhodes — visited Mr. Nixon on Aug. 7 and told him he could no longer avoid impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate. The president announced his resignation the next evening.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/13/opinion/watergate-republican-party.html

Yeah, preparing his base for the loss that never came. I personally think he was more shocked than democrats that he won.

Why? Virtually all the Nov 2016 polls showed the two canidates within 3 points of each other, with a built in margin for error 3-points it was not a shocker. Trumps supporters like to propagate a myth that the man defied the polls, BS.

Now the political pundits in the MSM did get it wrong, they ignored the polls the last two weeks of the campaign. as did Hillary.

Tell them what? The you know how to spew non sequiturs with the best?

I am not the one spewing non-sequiturs.

• If someone can do a whole bunch of crimes they are good at crime, but that is not something to be good at
  • If someone can lie to a whole bunch of people in order to sell stuff and create a large following than they are good at it, but not a good thing.
  • If someone kills 20 people without getting caught until much later in life, then that is something they are good at but is not a good thing.

It just so happens that Trump does indeed match two out of three of those things.

Considering that the federal government spends more "money" annually than twice the US currency in circulation it is scary indeed. Even a tiny fraction of $4T, clevery misdirected, could make even one's great grandkids exteremly rich.

And big bucks, I mean YUGE bucks are flowing when a giant federal project is happening like invading Iraq or building a very long blank wall
A very long blank wall.
A very long blank wall.

Gonna be a moneymaker, no two ways about it.

Why? Virtually all the Nov 2016 polls showed the two canidates within 3 points of each other, with a built in margin for error 3-points it was not a shocker. Trumps supporters like to propagate a myth that the man defied the polls, BS.

Now the political pundits in the MSM did get it wrong, they ignored the polls the last two weeks of the campaign. as did Hillary.

Last two weeks? As in when Comey announced he was reopening his investigation of her?

Trump's win was unique in one way though. He won the electoral college with only 46% of the popular vote. That shows how successful Trump's targeting strategy was at getting votes where they would do him the most good. Cambrige Analytica put those stolen FaceBook accounts to good use and Putin's GRU showed their expertise in propaganda too. Thr Russkies have certainly had enough practice and Putin has been doing it all his life too.

imrs.php

Last edited:
I am not the one spewing non-sequiturs.

• If someone can do a whole bunch of crimes they are good at crime, but that is not something to be good at
  • If someone can lie to a whole bunch of people in order to sell stuff and create a large following than they are good at it, but not a good thing.
  • If someone kills 20 people without getting caught until much later in life, then that is something they are good at but is not a good thing.

It just so happens that Trump does indeed match two out of three of those things.
well, you certainly are demonstrating the one quality I said Trump has.

I know some will say he does. Go ahead. List a few. Make me laugh.

Trump seems to be a lost sinner in need of Jesus, just like so many others. However he does well to give ear to Christian conservatives. Democrats should try that more.

He's moderately generous with his cast off mistresses.

He's very good at creating the greatest possible chromosomal genetic diversity in his offspring.

President Trump has many good qualities.

His greatest is his telling the brutal truth.

Because he is rich, he has been able to say things that we ordinary people would never dare say in public.

When ordinary hard-working Americans hear the truth at rallies, they respond with enthusiasm because they seldom hear pols speak that way.

E.g., I have just read that the President has come to the defense of those high school students who have been unjustly defamed by the fake news media.

No other politician has had the guts to do that.

Is there any wonder why millions of Americans respond to his truth-telling quality?

Because he is rich, he has been able to say things that we ordinary people would never dare say in public.

When ordinary hard-working Americans hear the truth at rallies, they respond with enthusiasm because they seldom hear pols speak that way.

E.g., I have just read that the President has come to the defense of those high school students who have been unjustly defamed by the fake news media.

Is there any wonder why millions of Americans respond to his truth-telling quality?

then Trump's base is extremely stupid if you think he tells the truth!

Well, he drives "progressives" crazy. That's good enough for me.

Unfortunately, I think this is actually the truth for a lot of his supporters....which is only made worse by the fact that they don't understand how dangerous that attitude is.

There is a lot in what you say. One reason Trump won is because he is not a politician. More than that: he is an anti-politician. People - and not only in the USA - are tired of being patronised, lied to and ignored one they have meekly cast a vote. Entrenched elites have been attacked in Britain, Italy and, spectacularly, in France. They, especialy the elite smugly self-important media, cannot understand that they have lot any remnant of public trust.

He manages to turn leftists into enraged, screeching fools with spittle dripping down their red, clenched faces. That can hardly be overestimated.

Hmmmm......let me think on this for a second.

No.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He gets liberals and democrats to show their true ass colors every day.

Thank you for participating.

He manages to turn leftists into enraged, screeching fools with spittle dripping down their red, clenched faces. That can hardly be overestimated.
Your go-to quality of Trump is that he trolls the left?

That explains a lot.

Your go-to quality of Trump is that he trolls the left?

That explains a lot.

That's just the most entertaining one. Trump ran on a number of issues; jobs, trade, immigration, etc. and he has actively tried to address every one. I give him credit for that.

Back
Top Bottom