• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does this story bother anyone?

Tina Turner marries longtime partner in Switzerland - CBS News

Is it just me or does this story go out of it's way to not tell us that Tina Turner's husband is male. "Boyfriend" has now been replaced by "long term partner"?

Never seen a wedding reported this way before...

I stopped reading at line two:

Tina Turner has tied the knot.

The "What's Love Got to Do with It" singer has married longtime partner Erwin Bach in a civil ceremony in Switzerland, Reuters reports.

WTF?

Is it just me or does this story go out of it's way to not tell us that Tina Turner's husband is male. "Boyfriend" has now been replaced by "long term partner"?

This bothers you? Seriously?

They mention his name at the beginning (I realize it's a foreign name, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that Erwin is a male name) and he has not been a "boy" for many years.

Doesn't bother me at all - I think a 73 year old being described as having a "boyfriend" for 27 years would sound a little awkward to me. Most people of a certain age, say my age, mid-50s and higher, always refer to a significant other as a partner rather than a boyfriend/girlfriend, especially when you've been living together for ages. We passed the bf/gf stage a lifetime ago.

Why on earth would it bother you?

And on another note...

I worked as a bodyguard for several years in Vegas and worked for Tina Turner several times. She was one of the nicest people I ever came in contact with, treated everyone well, and when she performed she went through teams of dancers and wore them out. May sound trite...but I'd a taken a bullet for her.

A 'partner' is one step above 'boyfriend' - They've had a long-term relationship and now they're married.

Goddamn - FINALLY THEY'RE FREAKING MARRIED. That's like - awesome and ****. Tina Turner is married - to someone she obviously can't live without.

didn't Jackie Kennedy marry her "long time companion" before she died

Why can't we just be happy for her? Hell, after what she went to being married to Ike, why can't we throw a little rice her way?

Good for her.

And on another note...

I worked as a bodyguard for several years in Vegas and worked for Tina Turner several times. She was one of the nicest people I ever came in contact with, treated everyone well, and when she performed she went through teams of dancers and wore them out. May sound trite...but I'd a taken a bullet for her.

Heya VM.....I got to meet her too. Truly good people. 3 Words to Describe Tina.

Simply The Best! ;)

how this could ever "bothe"r somebody is beyond me
i just read it as a story, i didnt think anything of it. I assumed by the name mentioned it was a guy but didnt focus on it, didnt care nor did anything seem off :shrug:

what actually "bothered" you, what am i missing

Can't you see, it's teh evil gays fault!!

That someone entered a heterosexual marriage.

And on another note...

You never know about famous people, but I have always admired her and thought she was probably a very nice person in her real life. Thanks for the confirmation. :) Very cool story.

Would you prefer close male friend instead of partner?

I stopped reading at line two:

Tina Turner has tied the knot.

The "What's Love Got to Do with It" singer has married longtime partner Erwin Bach in a civil ceremony in Switzerland, Reuters reports.

WTF?
----------------

I can't believe Tina Turner married a guy named Erwin.

Nothing about her getting married or any of the circumstances bother me at all. I've always admired her as a very proud woman with an inner strength rarely found.

I just read the story and it struck me as being written in a manner that purposefully omitted terms like husband and wife. The way it was written and the fact that the story did not include a photo of her new husband, or any photos of the couple for that matter, just seems kind of weird, that's all. Here's some different descriptions of the event...

Tina Turner marries long-term love Erwin Bach near Lake Zurich, Switzerland | Metro News

Singer Tina Turner marries longtime partner in Switzerland - latimes.com

Let’s Stay Together: Tina Turner weds long-term love Erwin Bach | The Sun |Showbiz

Tina Turner Marries Erwin Bach After 27 Years Together : People.com

Nothing about her getting married or any of the circumstances bother me at all. I've always admired her as a very proud woman with an inner strength rarely found.

I just read the story and it struck me as being written in a manner that purposefully omitted terms like husband and wife. The way it was written and the fact that the story did not include a photo of her new husband, or any photos of the couple for that matter, just seems kind of weird, that's all. Here's some different descriptions of the event...

Tina Turner marries long-term love Erwin Bach near Lake Zurich, Switzerland | Metro News

Let’s Stay Together: Tina Turner weds long-term love Erwin Bach | The Sun |Showbiz

Well maybe they couldn't say her "long time husband" because they weren't married for a "long time" and the term "boyfriend" for a woman of her age sounds a bit silly, so maybe she actually preferred the term "long-time partner." ;)

And on another note...

the-bodyguard-Kevin-Costner.jpg

Well maybe they couldn't say her "long time husband" because they weren't married for a "long time" and the term "boyfriend" for a woman of her age sounds a bit silly, so maybe she actually preferred the term "long-time partner." ;)
Probably.

I caught the name "Tina Turner" as #1 on the "now trending" searches on yahoo when I went to open my e-mail. I clicked on her name and the first story that popped up was the cbs link. I read the story and didn't know by the end of it if she had married a man or a woman because of the way it was written and the fact that it didn't include a photo.

Just thought it was kind of weird, that's all. Oh well, probably should have just clicked a different link, found out what I wanted to know and moved on.

how do you have any clue its "purposefully" omitted and why are the words husband and wife needed?
just seems like you were digging and totally invented something that isnt there

how do you have any clue its "purposefully" omitted and why are the words husband and wife needed?
just seems like you were digging and totally invented something that isnt there
You read the link in the OP and tell me if she married a man or a woman.

Back
Top Bottom