• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does this story bother anyone?

Actually I think noticing and worrying about it might be an even bigger problem...

I worry about it because it's the goal of progressives to blur the line with changing language.

This is a Marxist tactic that is continually used by progressives.

These dummies do this so anything can be interpreted any way the interpreter wants.

This is how you brainwash people...

The world must be a really scary place.
I worry about it because it's the goal of progressives to blur the line with changing language.

This is a Marxist tactic that is continually used by progressives.

These dummies do this so anything can be interpreted any way the interpreter wants.

This is how you brainwash people...

The world must be a really scary place.

It is when people are being brainwashed with meaningless words to diminish the meaning of "traditional words" - you know simple **** like "husband" or "wife" in this case.

Half the damn youth of this nation are a bunch of brainwashed morons. That's what progressives want tho - a bunch of obedient dummies.

Actually I think noticing and worrying about it might be an even bigger problem...

and why would that bother you? I still don't understand
I actually took a little time to think this over. Why does this bother me? Pretty simple question but somehow isn't simple to answer. I guess that might be telling in itself...

Anyway, I think "bother" might be a little strong. More accurately I would say it is mildly irritating. In the same way you can ask why it would bother anyone, I ask why anyone would feel it necessary to write a gender neutral wedding announcement in the first place. It's like it's perfectly fine to write an article this way but at the same time it is totally unacceptable to question WHY someone would write an article this way.

I dunno. At this point I think that I agree it's probably much ado about nothing.

I am really gonna think about this.

What would the world look like for conservatives to remain happy/secure? Would the language and lifestyle have to remain Mayberry RFD like forever?
It is when people are being brainwashed with meaningless words to diminish the meaning of "traditional words" - you know simple **** like "husband" or "wife" in this case.

Half the damn youth of this nation are a bunch of brainwashed morons. That's what progressives want tho - a bunch of obedient dummies.

I actually took a little time to think this over. Why does this bother me? Pretty simple question but somehow isn't simple to answer. I guess that might be telling in itself...

Anyway, I think "bother" might be a little strong. More accurately I would say it is mildly irritating. In the same way you can ask why it would bother anyone, I ask why anyone would feel it necessary to write a gender neutral wedding announcement in the first place. It's like it's perfectly fine to write an article this way but at the same time it is totally unacceptable to question WHY someone would write an article this way.

I dunno. At this point I think that I agree it's probably much ado about nothing.

They want you to think that. That's the point.

So they can get away with whatever they want by saying "it's not a big deal."

They call that "progress" and it's a slippery slope.

I am really gonna think about this.

What would the world look like for conservatives to remain happy/secure? Would the language and lifestyle have to remain Mayberry RFD like forever?

Well, I don't think most people understand true conservatism, libertarianism or classical liberalism.

All I ask is that people not be deceptive when using language - mean what you say and say what you mean instead of trying to subtly confuse the reader...

PC language is in place to confuse people.

Well, I don't think most people understand true conservatism, libertarianism or classical liberalism.

All I ask is that people not be deceptive when using language - mean what you say and say what you mean instead of trying to subtly confuse the reader...

PC language is in place to confuse people.

I know exactlt what that means. It means "People should say what I want them to say, and in the way I want them to say it and not say what they want to say"

That's the rights' idea of "free speech"

Well, for me, Tina Turner always appeared flagrantly heterosexual, so I assumed a male partner. Good on Tina. A great talent. Enduring, and had the moxie to survive some really hard times. There are not enough good things to say about her.

I know exactlt what that means. It means "People should say what I want them to say, and in the way I want them to say it and not say what they want to say"

That's the rights' idea of "free speech"

You're obviously a product of "whole language."

Whole language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You believe a word only means what the individual interpreting the word wants the word to mean.

Basically you believe words have no meaning whatsoever... This is why Obama is considered "black" and Zimmerman is considered "white" because that's what progressives want them to be.

You see, you're incapable of understanding because you cant interpret words correctly and your response proves this.

This is why progressive judges cannot interpret the constitution despite the fact the Bill of Rights is about as simple to interpret as a Dr. Seuss book.

You're obviously a product of "whole language."

Whole language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You believe a word only means what the individual interpreting the word wants the word to mean.

Basically you believe words have no meaning whatsoever... This is why Obama is considered "black" and Zimmerman is considered "white" because that's what progressives want them to be.

You see, you're incapable of understanding because you cant interpret words correctly and your response proves this.

This is why progressive judges cannot interpret the constitution despite the fact the Bill of Rights is about as simple to interpret as a Dr. Seuss book.

Nothing like having a reader accuse me of thinking that words only mean what the reader says they mean and then go on to tell me what the my words must mean

Tina Turner marries longtime partner in Switzerland - CBS News

Is it just me or does this story go out of it's way to not tell us that Tina Turner's husband is male. "Boyfriend" has now been replaced by "long term partner"?

Never seen a wedding reported this way before...
No, doesn't bother me one bit. I guess that's because I've known who Tina's long-term partner was for years. Moreover, I'm also aware that Ms. Turner renounced her U.S. citizenship not too long ago. So, it's only fitting that she'd marry the man she loves and want to live happily ever after in a place where she's been happiest for decades. "What's love got to do with it indeed!"

I wish her well.

Tina Turner marries longtime partner in Switzerland - CBS News

Is it just me or does this story go out of it's way to not tell us that Tina Turner's husband is male. "Boyfriend" has now been replaced by "long term partner"?

Never seen a wedding reported this way before...

I can kind of understand it. Boyfriend has somewhat of a juvenile connotation to it. You don't typically keep a boyfriend for nearly 30 years. Long term partner is certainly an accurate term. I'm not sure why you think they're trying not to tell us that he's a man, since they give his (almost certainly male) name in the second sentence of the story.

Back
Top Bottom