• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does the USA see Russia as the enemy, does Trump?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
For years most Americans have come to see Russia under the dictator Putin as our enemy. I see Putin trying to bring back together today many of the same nations that once made up the USSR under the Russian rule. Our nation and many other nations see this as a major problem and have come to see Russia and Putin as our enemy. I think that Trump does not see Russia and Putin as the enemy and because of Trump's financial relations with many of Putin's people in Russia. Trump has said he has no financial ties with Russia, but is that or was that always True. In 2008, Trump Jr. said they did a lot of business with Russia and many believe that Trump has in the past and maybe even now borrowed money from the banks controlled by Russians. His relationship with the Russian's is then based on his financial relationships with Russia rather than the problems caused by Russian;s actions in the world today. So I continue to see Russia as an enemy, but do not see them being an enemy in Trump's mind.

For years most Americans have come to see Russia under the dictator Putin as our enemy. I see Putin trying to bring back together today many of the same nations that once made up the USSR under the Russian rule. Our nation and many other nations see this as a major problem and have come to see Russia and Putin as our enemy. I think that Trump does not see Russia and Putin as the enemy and because of Trump's financial relations with many of Putin's people in Russia. Trump has said he has no financial ties with Russia, but is that or was that always True. In 2008, Trump Jr. said they did a lot of business with Russia and many believe that Trump has in the past and maybe even now borrowed money from the banks controlled by Russians. His relationship with the Russian's is then based on his financial relationships with Russia rather than the problems caused by Russian;s actions in the world today. So I continue to see Russia as an enemy, but do not see them being an enemy in Trump's mind.

Trump has long been a Russophile and began visiting the USSR/Russia in the mid-1980's.

3XXRI7HUDAI6RGOCZ7FG7T3BBQ.jpg

Donald Trump and first wife Ivana in St. Petersburg circa 1986. This is Putin's hometown.

Not sure exactly what you mean. Aren't we supposed to speak to our foes? I might be mistaken but Obama seemed to put tremendous energy into working with Iran who puts on almost weekly demonstrations with folks shouting "death to America". The prior president started with a restart button with the same Putin government. This president has sent lethal weapons to Ukraine,something the prior president refused to do. This president as advocated for bringing down oil prices,especially through the growth of domestic oil/gas production,something the prior president refused to do.

Perhaps if you turned away from Tapper,Acosta,Maddow et. al. and sat back and thought about the issue you might be less critical.

I see Russia as the goat in a "manufactured enemy" ploy to generate a Cold War mentality to create continued support for MIC funding. The Military Offense budget is $750 billion and perhaps another $250 Billion in indirect funding. Preposterous! The USA initiates "Wars of Choice" to support PNAC NeoCon policies favored by Intelligence Agencies colluding with the Deep State. The USA creates instabilities (Arab Spring, color revolutions, CIA manipulations, etc.) in attempts to control trade, strategic geographic areas or natural resources. This is all to support CORPORATISM at its' finest in the USA. We start these wars! Very profitable for CORPORATIONS, not citizens. Biggest business in the USA. Did you vote for that? We are working hard to make Russia an enemy. There will be reprecussions. Economically.
/

Last edited:
I see Russia as the goat in a "manufactured enemy" ploy to generate a Cold War mentality to create continued support for MIC funding. The Military Offense budget is $750 billion and perhaps another $250 Billion in indirect funding. Preposterous! The USA initiates "Wars of Choice" to support PNAC NeoCon policies favored by Intelligence Agencies colluding with the Deep State. The USA creates instabilities (Arab Spring, color revolutions, CIA manipulations, etc.) in attempts to control trade, strategic geographic areas or natural resources. This is all to support CORPORATISM at its' finest in the USA. We start these wars! Very profitable for CORPORATIONS, not citizens. Biggest business in the USA. Did you vote for that? We are working hard to make Russia an enemy. There will be reprecussions. Economically.
/

Russian Buzzword Bingo....

/

You can always tell a NeoCon, but you sure can't tell 'em much. ;)

Not sure exactly what you mean. Aren't we supposed to speak to our foes? I might be mistaken but Obama seemed to put tremendous energy into working with Iran who puts on almost weekly demonstrations with folks shouting "death to America". The prior president started with a restart button with the same Putin government. This president has sent lethal weapons to Ukraine,something the prior president refused to do. This president as advocated for bringing down oil prices,especially through the growth of domestic oil/gas production,something the prior president refused to do.

Perhaps if you turned away from Tapper,Acosta,Maddow et. al. and sat back and thought about the issue you might be less critical.

Yes we speak to our foes but we on't look like a whipped doggy after meeting with them like trump did. And we don't lower or try to lower sanctions on one of Putin's men after russia invaded Crimea. You don't buddy up to them after they helped get you elected making it look like you worked with them to do so. I could go on, but Obama has never acted toward our enemy like Trump has. Next time they meet, Trump should get out a beggar bowl and ask for alms.

Yes we speak to our foes but we on't look like a whipped doggy after meeting with them like trump did. And we don't lower or try to lower sanctions on one of Putin's men after russia invaded Crimea. You don't buddy up to them after they helped get you elected making it look like you worked with them to do so. I could go on, but Obama has never acted toward our enemy like Trump has. Next time they meet, Trump should get out a beggar bowl and ask for alms.

Just find the above the above more weak pablum being fed to you by your echo chamber. Actually pretty sad that many Americans don't take politicians and the media that feeds off them as nothing more than P.T. Barnum wantabees.

Please stay away from critical thinking classes when you get to college.

What policy or regulatory changes under Trump are causing your worries?

That he gave the missiles to the poles that Obama did not?

That the Russians have not invaded/annexed any countries since Obama left office?

You seem to be worried about fantasies.

Trump has long been a Russophile and began visiting the USSR/Russia in the mid-1980's.

3XXRI7HUDAI6RGOCZ7FG7T3BBQ.jpg

Donald Trump and first wife Ivana in St. Petersburg circa 1986. This is Putin's hometown.

My high school class visited Russia in the 70's.

What's your point? Knowledge is evil?

Becoming familiar with something, like the polio virus, makes fighting it more effective.

Jonas Salk was the most knowledgable man on the planet regarding the characteristics of polio and also the most effective in fighting it.

Crimea? That was annexed by Russia during the Obama Administration.

During the Obama Administration, Ukraine was also invaded.

Since Obama left the White House, Russia has not invaded anyone.

What are you talking about?

Yeah and don't forget this...

Attachments

• 01-lavrov-clinton-reset-button.jpg
    01-lavrov-clinton-reset-button.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 12
Just find the above the above more weak pablum being fed to you by your echo chamber. Actually pretty sad that many Americans don't take politicians and the media that feeds off them as nothing more than P.T. Barnum wantabees.

Please stay away from critical thinking classes when you get to college.

I think a lot more clearly than you or the other Trump cultists do. All you do is mumble the pablum given to you by Trump, Fox News or Limbaugh. You have no critical thinking ability at all. Just mouth back their talking points.

Obama wasn't the one who said Crimea should belong to the Russians as the people there spoke Russian. And the Obama put sanctions on the Russians and while Trump was forced to add to those, he has also tried to have them removed. He also had anti russian language about Crimea removed from the GOP talking points.

I think a lot more clearly than you or the other Trump cultists do. All you do is mumble the pablum given to you by Trump, Fox News or Limbaugh. You have no critical thinking ability at all. Just mouth back their talking points.

I understand you are an insult factory,thus disregard most of your silly posts. Never have been a Limbaugh listener though I have heard him. What makes folks like you make most Americans wonder is I am have always been considered a liberal democrat.

Just not a hater which makes one a cultist in your view. Really sad this is what constitutes much of the "debate" on this site.

BTW- I was paid pretty well for my analytical skills. If your postings (rants?) are any indication, your best shot will be postal worker if/when you graduate.

Yeah and don't forget this...

What made this even more funny was the Smartest woman in the world, according to our adoring press, offered a re-set button that was so poorly translated that the Lavrov needed to correct the spelling and meaning for her.

Hillary thought the Big Red Button said "Re-Set" but it actually said "Overcharge".

Idiots!

In passing, can you imagine how the Clinton Loving press corp would have reacted if TRUMP had presented a Big Red Botton AND PRESSED IT with Lavrov?

Our press is a gang of ideologues acting like clowns led by idiots. I wonder if our spies and our press and our politicians just change clothes and switch positions with regularity...

What am I saying? Of course they do this, are doing this and have done this for decades. Campaign managers become Staff directors, pundits and talk show hosts. Elected officials are suddenly expert commentators. Soldiers are Congressmen and spies are experts if they get in front of a camera.

The only real problem? They're all idiots! Maybe this is why they all like each other and all hate Trump.

Anyway, here's one video of Hillary making a fool of herself and of our country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee4PfhogtdQ

Last edited:
Obama wasn't the one who said Crimea should belong to the Russians as the people there spoke Russian. And the Obama put sanctions on the Russians and while Trump was forced to add to those, he has also tried to have them removed. He also had anti russian language about Crimea removed from the GOP talking points.

Do you think he was trying to implement a re-set of relations with Russia after a wrong headed, distracted and weak administration screwed everything up?

Is it your stance that anyone who actually did this with Russia needs to be charged with treason and hanged?

Back
Top Bottom