• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does the Republican Party make America look bad?

I participate on a couple of international forums and have for for years. Wacky candidates from all US parties amuse them. Mostly they respect Obama and feel he has handled the foreign policy decisions well and not done well with the economy. They cannot understand why the US has not recalled and replaced the obstructionists in Congress responsible for recent brinksmanship over the raising the debt limit. They feel S & P should have taken the US's credit rating down a couple of more notches for being 'totally hatstand' (slang for insane).

Many thought GWB was a puppet whose strings were being pulled by corporate and financial institutions. Virtually all believe he was a poor president. They made fun of Clinton's sexual peccadilloes.

Our news media is what really makes them laugh. The majority feel most US media outlets are rubbish. They were chuckling over the recent gaffe about the Fiskers earlier today. Some think FoxNews is a comedy show similar to the Daily show. I've explained Fox is actual news outlet, but they think I'm joking about half the time. Most believe all US media reports about US politics are somewhat akin to Al Jazeera's reporting on Israeli events - to be taken with a large grain of salt. They have very limited exposure to talk radio, but view it somewhat like most of us view news releases in the Enquirer.

I used to live in Europe and I think the differences in media is fascinating. Europeans have such a broad range of knowledge about the world, and the US media only covers US events. It causes me to wonder, if people in the US knew more about other political systems and were actually informed about certain things like how the healthcare really worked in other countries... then how different would the political spectrum would be?

I get the feeling that The Republican Party is a big part of the reason that the world is laughing at us, or that they think we're stupid. When people like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bauchman, and Rush Limbaugh are the poster childs of Republicans.

The current Republican Party is probably has gone so extreme that even Fascist are stepping back and saying Whoa! Chillout!

and I quote!

Zu aghe Eghxtremely paghanoid nagahow minded and have gone so ultra reich that have lost ghall ghespect and credibility to everyone who has even zesmallest capacity for common zense and dezenzy.

Heil!!!

Diving Mullah

"Does the Republican Party make America look bad?"

I'd say no more than Diving Mullah makes the right look bad by pretending his views are "Very Conservative" as his "lean" falsely indicates.

"Does the Republican Party make America look bad?"

I'd say no more than Diving Mullah makes the right look bad by pretending his views are "Very Conservative" as his "lean" falsely indicates.

Conservatism doesn't mean blind and total devotion to republican party...:2wave:

Google it!

Diving Mullah

Let's answer the original question this way. Look at the gaggle of idiots at the last debate. Then, look at the President announcing the death of Moammar Gadhafi. The question answers itself.

I get the feeling that The Republican Party is a big part of the reason that the world is laughing at us, or that they think we're stupid. When people like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bauchman, and Rush Limbaugh are the poster childs of Republicans.

"Rah Rah go whatever jersey your team sucks!" :roll: :doh

Hyperpartisanship isn't pretty wherever and however it rears its ugly head.

"Rah Rah go whatever jersey your team sucks!" :roll: :doh

Hyperpartisanship isn't pretty wherever and however it rears its ugly head.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. The people that are the figureheads of the Republican party seem like they are either crazy or stupid.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. The people that are the figureheads of the Republican party seem like they are either crazy or stupid.

Think about the opposite. To some Conservatives (and most people), the Democratic figureheads can seem crazy or stupid.

Let's not be so hypocritical.

Think about the opposite. To some Conservatives (and most people), the Democratic figureheads can seem crazy or stupid.

Let's not be so hypocritical.

Yes but which ones are in the media more with their antics? Which ones have more jokes made about them?

Back
Top Bottom