• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does the Republican Party make America look bad?

Biden says something stupid everytime he opens his mouth and has been doing it for decades. The shear amount of stupid from Biden out numbers Palin by the hundreds if not thousands.

Same with Rush, Palin, and Bauchmen.

I think you mean they make Obama look bad.

Obama is not America.

He doesn't even like America.

I think you mean they make Obama look bad.

Obama is not America.

He doesn't even like America.

If I can't convice you that Sarah, Rush, Glenn, and Michelle Bauchmen are dumb as hell idk what else to say.

Same with Rush, Palin, and Bauchmen.

With the lack of intelligence and the amount of time Biden has been around alone guarantees he pretty much beats anyone in the contest of who said more stupid things so far.

Biden got into politics in 1971, the only person you mentioned that would even be out of high school at that point would be rush and then only by a few years.

With the lack of intelligence and the amount of time Biden has been around alone guarantees he pretty much beats anyone in the contest of who said more stupid things so far.

Biden got into politics in 1971, the only person you mentioned that would even be out of high school at that point would be rush and then only by a few years.

Biden doesn't have his own tv/radio show though that thousands watch/listen to everyday.

Look at it this way are more people making fun of Joe Biden, or Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, and Michelle Bauchmen?

Honestly, I don't think it's fair to lump Bachmann and Biden in with Beck and Limbaugh. The first two serve in office, have taken on real responsibilities and have real stakes. The other two risk very little with their nonsense rhetoric, or at least, they reserve the right to cry "theater!"

Governance is a monumental task. The voices on the radio don't carry the same burdens as the people they flog.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think it's fair to lump Bachmann and Biden in with Beck and Limbaugh. The first two serve in office, have taken on real responsibilities and have real stakes. The other two risk very little with their nonsense rhetoric, or at least, they reserve the right to cry "theater!"

Governance is a monumental task. The voices on the radio don't carry the same burdens as the people they flog.

No, but Beck and Limbaugh are the voice of the Republican party.

No, but Beck and Limbaugh are the voice of the Republican party.

I don't know if I agree. They're the voice in that they reach a lot of people with conservatives messages. But I highly doubt there's active on ongoing collusion with the GOP.

I don't know if I agree. They're the voice in that they reach a lot of people with conservatives messages. But I highly doubt there's active on ongoing collusion with the GOP.

There definitely is, The GOP, and Fox News work together hand in hand.

There definitely is, The GOP, and Fox News work together hand in hand.

That's a serious charge. It needs proof. I've worked for conservative news companies -- nothing with the size and influence of Fox, but large -- and nothing in my experience indicates collusion of that level.

That's a serious charge. It needs proof. I've worked for conservative news companies -- nothing with the size and influence of Fox, but large -- and nothing in my experience indicates collusion of that level.
Absolutely correct... politics really has nothing to do with the matter. Finances do however. Fox news (or any other media outlet for that matter) will only report and/or perpetuate messages that help profits regardless of truthfulness or legitimacy. I may have a cynical outlook but I would challenge anyone to provide proof to the contrary....

That's because it doesn't have the size and influence of fox lol. Just look at Glenn Beck he used to be libertarian, but the GOP turned him into a ranting schizophrenic.

Who is laughing at us? I mean, who is laughing who does not live as well as we do? And why do you care what they think?

This ain't the prom.

That's because it doesn't have the size and influence of fox lol. Just look at Glenn Beck he used to be libertarian, but the GOP turned him into a ranting schizophrenic.
I generally agree with you Flesh.... but in my opinion beck succumbed not to political pressure but financial gain. I highly doubt that that anyone with half a brain that was interested in long-term legitimacy was interested in Beck's endorsement

Who is laughing at us? I mean, who is laughing who does not live as well as we do? And why do you care what they think?

This ain't the prom.

I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing at people who are the "poster childs" of the GOP.

I generally agree with you Flesh.... but in my opinion beck succumbed not to political pressure but financial gain. I highly doubt that that anyone with half a brain that was interested in long-term legitimacy was interested in Beck's endorsement

Bill O'Reily and Hannity too, but they've always been ****. I'm only mentioning them because they're on FoxNews and their shows are incredibly biased.

This ain't the prom.
This comment seems extremely short sighted in my opinion.... but hey what do I know.

EDIT: Perhaps I am misinterpreting this but it appears you are saying "I'm driving a Benz, get yer Ford Focus ass outta here"

Last edited:
Bill O'Reily and Hannity too, but they've always been ****. I'm only mentioning them because they're on FoxNews and their shows are incredibly biased.
I would tend to agree with this assessment. I don't think its any ground breaking revelation that die-hard Fox News viewers are anything other than Tele-Tabloid Enthusiasts

Ultimately, Glenn Beck isn't of much consequence.

Absolutely correct... politics really has nothing to do with the matter. Finances do however. Fox news (or any other media outlet for that matter) will only report and/or perpetuate messages that help profits regardless of truthfulness or legitimacy. I may have a cynical outlook but I would challenge anyone to provide proof to the contrary....

That really comes down to how much control the ownership exercises over the reporters and editors. In newspaper culture, at least, there's a traditional editorial independence, but in reality, greater or lesser observance.

A TV news network is a different beast altogether. I doubt that Murdoch puts all the words in O'Reilly's mouth, however.

That really comes down to how much control the ownership exercises over the reporters and editors. In newspaper culture, at least, there's a traditional editorial independence, but in reality, greater or lesser observance.

A TV news network is a different beast altogether. I doubt that Murdoch puts all the words in O'Reilly's mouth, however.

Glenn Beck is another story.

Never claimed that he did.... My claim was that (loosely speaking of course) that Murdoch doesn't give a rats ass about the truthfulness or validity coming out of Hannity, or O'Rielly as long as they keep viewers glued to the screen so he can sell advertising space (amongst other dubious products which may or may not be political in nature). And that the tactic used to keep viewers glued is irrelevant fear, hatred, panic or otherwise.

EDIT: Essentially I believe that if Murdoch believes he can profit, no matter the detriment to society, he will. plain and simple. But I am jaded I view most corporate entities this way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom