• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does the Republican Party make America look bad?

Oh I see - so if the president is on his way out then none of it is his charge?

He interceded several times to shape it into what it became.
He designated Paulson as the 'go to guy' for TARP
He supported it and pushed to see it through.
He signed it into law.

What - is this the Kerry faux pas here of "I was for it before i was against it?" or something . . .

Don't excuse Bush for that monstrosity that had people chanting 'read the bill'

Republicans paid for Bush's policy abominations with the loss of the White House.

Obama deserves no less.

Republicans paid for Bush's policy abominations with the loss of the White House.

Obama deserves no less.

Unfortunately with our ridiculous political system and people's stubborn refusal to vote for anyone other than the main two parties - it's just like a game of pong. . . back and forth and back and forth.

No one's really better than the other.

Oh I see - so if the president is on his way out then none of it is his charge?

He interceded several times to shape it into what it became.
He designated Paulson as the 'go to guy' for TARP
He supported it and pushed to see it through.
He signed it into law.

What - is this the Kerry faux pas here of "I was for it before i was against it?" or something . . .

Don't excuse Bush for that monstrosity that had people chanting 'read the bill'

Obama is nowhere near as bad as Bush if you disagree with me then Idk what to tell you.

Unfortunately with our ridiculous political system and people's stubborn refusal to vote for anyone other than the main two parties - it's just like a game of pong. . . back and forth and back and forth.

No one's really better than the other.

I was too young to vote during the last election otherwise I wouldn't have voted for either of the two parties.

Where's the evidence for that? I'm pretty sure we were in a recession last year and the year before.

Here.

NBER declares recession ended in June 2009 - Sep. 20, 2010

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Great Recession ended in June 2009, according to the body charged with dating when economic downturns begin and end.

But the news is little comfort to the millions of Americans still out of work, underwater on their mortgages or uncertain about the future.

The National Bureau of Economic Research, an independent group of economists, released a statement Monday saying economic data now clearly point to the economy turning higher last summer. That makes the 18-month recession that started in December 2007 the longest and deepest downturn for the U.S. economy since the Great Depression.

I was too young to vote during the last election otherwise I wouldn't have voted for either of the two parties.

That's a rather limited political consciousness, don't you think?

Let's get back to the subject at hand though. Do Sarah Palin, Michelle Bauchman, and Rush Limbaugh make this country look bad?

No, none of them can fine you for not buying the health insurance government forces you to have. They can't force you on to welfare just so you can pay for electricity Obama has promised he will tax out of sight. They can't use the US Military to order a hit on an American citizen overseas.

Let me put it this way, if GM had failed millions would be out of work.

So what? The company was a failure that deserved to fail. We shouldn't just bailout business because they are large.

No, none of them can fine you for not buying the health insurance government forces you to have. They can't force you on to welfare just so you can pay for electricity Obama has promised he will tax out of sight. They can't use the US Military to order a hit on an American citizen overseas.

I don't appreciate your trolling sir. I'm not arguing whether or not Obama's administration is successful or not. I'm asking if their ignorance and lack of knowledge disgraces their party and the American people?

I'm not trolling. None of those people speak for the United States. If you'd never vote for them, then it shouldn't matter.

I'm not trolling. None of those people speak for the United States. If you'd never vote for them, then it shouldn't matter.

No, but they're political and public figures that a lot of people listen to. They're also the poster children for what a "conservative" is these days.

Do Jeanine Garofalo and Sean Penn make America look bad?

Rush Limbaugh is not in politics. Neither is Sarah Palin anymore.

Did Dan Savage embarrass America when he told Herman Cain "suck my dick?"

It isn't anymore that's the point.

The government could of just allowed them to file chapter 11 and be done with it, but instead they gave them money while giving control of the business to the unions all while using it push forward their own agenda.

On a sidenote, why was Ford forced to take a bailout? Any ideas?

Rush Limbaugh is not in politics. Neither is Sarah Palin anymore.

Did Dan Savage embarrass America when he told Herman Cain "suck my dick?"

Rush Limbaugh has his own political talkshow, and no, but she was for like three years and people still know who she is. Also what about Michelle Bauchmen? Glenn Beck? I actually used to respect Glenn Beck before he got all insane on us.

The government could of just allowed them to file chapter 11 and be done with it, but instead they gave them money while giving control of the business to the unions all while using it push forward their own agenda.

On a sidenote, why was Ford forced to take a bailout? Any ideas?

Because a lot of people would have lost their jobs if that had happened.

Idk I didn't know they did, I know that they did refused the bailout.

People are missing the point of the thread here, it's not about the effectiveness of administrations it's about certain individuals having no common sense that are in politics and influence a lot of people on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom