• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does The President Using the Label "radical Islamic terrorism" Accomplish Anything?

Does The President Using the Label "radical Islamic terrorism" Accomplish Anything?

• Total voters
Re: Does The President Using the Label "radical Islamic terrorism" Accomplish Anythin

Doesn't frighten me a bit. You, however, seem to have never visited reality. You really should try it before insisting others bow to your fantasies.

Really sorry that you can't face reality. It WILL get better.

Re: Does The President Using the Label "radical Islamic terrorism" Accomplish Anythin

Err, I think by the very definition of 'extremism' excludes 'mainstream people', don't you think?

I made no claim that only selected extremism is bad. Again, extremism by it's very definition is far from any sort of mainstream.

Your millage may vary. I've never run into any sort of problem wishing people Merry Christmas.

There's a difference between not even trying and trying and not getting it. In this case, Obama didn't even both to try, as documented in former Sec Def's book.

No, I'm not saying that "everything would have been wonderful", I'm saying that the more controlled and more managed situation wouldn't have allowed ISISI to raise. But Obama preempted any such possibility with the pull out and that was caused by the lack of SoF he couldn't be bothered with even trying to get.

Without the propaganda coming from ISIS in the Middle East, it is reasonable that a proportional decrease in lone wolf radicalization would happen. Stop the continued radicalization at the source, as well as the local mosques that preach Islamic radicalism.

Well said! :thumbs:

He doesnt recognize terrorism as a problem?

No I don't think he takes terrorism seriously enough. ***** footing around with less than even half measures is not taking them seriously. Obama keeps talking about a coalition but refuses to arm them. An occasional drone strike is not doing a damn thing.

Comments such as the above quote indicate that those like you have had to much obamapunch and need to reassess your sources of information.

Interesting considering that I use a wide variety of resources for my socio-political information:

MSN
FoxNews
ABC
CBS
AP
World News
Reuters
NYTimes
Washington Post
CNN
The Atlantic
Wall Street Journal
National Review
Bloomberg
The Hill.com
Politico.com

And so many others...

I even listen to Rush (occasionally) and Mark Levin (daily during the evening drive-time) just to know what they're up to.

I'd say that for the most part I do a rather thorough review of the facts from a variety of angles before commenting.

No I don't think he takes terrorism seriously enough. ***** footing around with less than even half measures is not taking them seriously. Obama keeps talking about a coalition but refuses to arm them. An occasional drone strike is not doing a damn thing.

Why should we arm other coalition nations? Aren't they capable of arming themselves?

I could understand if you'd said "rebels", but even then you have to be very careful who you give weapons to.

I would say that he likely believes that individual groups or persons can pose occasional threats, and that he thinks that the notion that radical Islam is a threat is passé and overblown. It's not just the Crusades comparison - it's the comparison to bathtubs and the like. He just doesn't think this is a Big Deal, and he thinks that those of us who think it is are silly and simple instead of being sophisticated like him.

If you think that that is a way of describing him as having "no clue", then I would point out that he would disagree with you on the implicit assumption there.

I have absolutely no idea what that last sentence means. None whatsoever.

Why should we arm other coalition nations? Aren't they capable of arming themselves?

In most cases such as the Kurds....no they can't arm themselves. If we would send arms directly to the Kurds instead of the Iraqi government they have the will to fight were the Iraqi military not so much. Witness the Iraqi army fleeing and leaving military hardware behind.

I could understand if you'd said "rebels", but even then you have to be very careful who you give weapons to.

You mean like a worthless Iraqi army.

I have absolutely no idea what that last sentence means. None whatsoever.

He would argue that he can't be described as having "no clue" due to his belief that it's not a real problem, because his belief that it's not a real problem is indicative of the fact that he knows more/better than you.

Then maybe calling a spade a spade is more for us than it is for them... so that we can then mentally accept what we need to do then go out and actually do it.

Which maybe plays into our mindsets in recent decades of why we can never seem to win any wars outright anymore... we're not even willing to talk the talk, let alone do the unpleasant things that need to be done to win.

... Who... are 'we'? 95% of this country isn't going to fight anybody and isn't being asked to sacrifice anything in order to fight anybody.

He would argue that he can't be described as having "no clue" due to his belief that it's not a real problem, because his belief that it's not a real problem is indicative of the fact that he knows more/better than you.

I don't care for Obama. I will also never believe he doesn't think radical Islamists killing American citizens isn't a real problem.

So are you going to join in the armed coalition to go and fight them then?

In most cases such as the Kurds....no they can't arm themselves. If we would send arms directly to the Kurds instead of the Iraqi government they have the will to fight were the Iraqi military not so much. Witness the Iraqi army fleeing and leaving military hardware behind.

We have armed the Northern Kurds.

You mean like a worthless Iraqi army.

A complicated situation. To understand it, one must go beyond the headlines and get to the truth. I'd recommend reading the book, "The Gamble," by Thomas E. Ricks. It details exactly how U.S. weapons ultimately fell into the hands of Sunni rebels who were once part of the Iraqi Army. While it's easy to say former Iraqi soldiers who now make up ISIS are using our weapons against us, the situation in Iraq wasn't as straight-forwarded as some people may think.

If one wants to fight a problem, or an addiction as an example, one has to first acknowledge the problem/addiction you wish to fight. Otherwise, you'll never be able to beat the/your problem. Identifying the problem focuses the attempt to overcome the problem. President Obama fails because he is still incapable of acknowledging what his problem really is.

So are you going to join in the armed coalition to go and fight them then?

When you say 'you' do you mean me personally or the US military? If you mean 'me' I have already served my country in the military. If you mean the US military...what choice do we have? Sit back and wait until the next homeland terrorist attack?

I couldn't get past the irony of having the President and accomplish anything in the same sentence so I missed the question.

Really sorry that you can't face reality. It WILL get better.

Talking to yourself again?

Interesting considering that I use a wide variety of resources for my socio-political information:

MSN
FoxNews
ABC
CBS
AP
World News
Reuters
NYTimes
Washington Post
CNN
The Atlantic
Wall Street Journal
National Review
Bloomberg
The Hill.com
Politico.com

And so many others...

I even listen to Rush (occasionally) and Mark Levin (daily during the evening drive-time) just to know what they're up to.

I'd say that for the most part I do a rather thorough review of the facts from a variety of angles before commenting.

That may be what you would say but your posts indicate something quite different. Or that you just "review" the facts so that you can dismiss them without consideration.

No I don't think he takes terrorism seriously enough. ***** footing around with less than even half measures is not taking them seriously.
What kind of actions would you consider "serious"?

Obama keeps talking about a coalition but refuses to arm them.
False.
U.S. quietly starts channeling arms from $1.6 billion fund to Iraq | Reuters
http://www.newsweek.com/us-accelera...ahead-grand-offensive-isis-held-cities-309439
U.S. shipped 3,000+ tonnes of weapons from Bulgaria to Syria FSA rebels since Nov - Map of Syrian Civil war/ Global conflict in Syria - syria.liveuamap.com

Using the correct language shows education and understanding, as it always has, which looks good on a leader.

When you say 'you' do you mean me personally or the US military? If you mean 'me' I have already served my country in the military. If you mean the US military...what choice do we have? Sit back and wait until the next homeland terrorist attack?

So the answer is yes you are joining the coalition to fight terrorism.

So the answer is yes you are joining the coalition to fight terrorism.

So you are not, I get that. So does the terrorist.

Using the correct language shows education and understanding, as it always has, which looks good on a leader.

Well, then that means Trump should never be President.

So you are not, I get that. So does the terrorist.

No, I'm a 54 year old mother of three. They probably don't want me. I'm also not on here complaining that the coalition isn't armed though.

Well, then that means Trump should never be President.

No he should not, and the fact that he is the best person for the job of all those who asked for it is a damning indictment of where America is.

No he should not, and the fact that he is the best person for the job of all those who asked for it is a damning indictment of where America is.

He wasn't even close to the best person for the job of all those who asked for it. Trump is a disgrace. And since you said:

we all know he doesn't use correct language for anything. So obviously he has no education and understanding.

Back
Top Bottom