• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does the Mueller Russia Report ever gets released to the public?

Does the Mueller Russia Report ever get released to the public?

• No...released to Congressional Intel Committees-only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No..."For POTUS eyes-only"

• No, not a chance in hell...Trump will kill it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Objective Voice

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
McConnel - “I mean there's been no indication, as you can imagine – I talk to the president fairly often – no indication that the Mueller investigation will not be allowed to finish, and it should be allowed to finish,” McConnell told reporters on Wednesday.

He went on: “We know how the president feels about the Mueller investigation but he has never said he wants to shut it down. I've never heard anybody down there say they want to shut it down. I think it's in no danger and so I don't think any legislation is necessary.”

Source: ABC News

Sen. Graham - "I would certainly vote for it,” Graham told reporters, according to Reuters. “I don’t see any movement to get rid of Mueller. But it probably would be good to have this legislation in place just for the future.”

Source: TheHill.com

Sen. Grassley - Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley said he also supported the bill but would not lobby McConnell to allow the measure to move forward.

"Every bill that comes out of my committee, I'd like to see a vote. But whether it comes up will be up to the leader and I'm not going to lobby the leader," Grassley told reporters on Tuesday. "If it comes up, I'll vote on it. And I think it ought to pass."

Source: CNBC.com

Given what these high ranking, influential members of the Senate have said concerning their support for the Mueller investigation continuing until its conclusion, do you think the Russia investigative report will ever see the light of day in the public square even if the bill to protect Mueller does somehow find its way to the Senate floor and is subsequently approved? Listening to the public statements from the likes of Sen. Lindsey "Leach to Power" Graham, Senate Majority Leader Mitch "The Turtle-Weasle" McConnel, and Sen. Chuck "Snake in the Grass"ley concerning protecting the Mueller probe via a Senate bill, I believe it's unlikely they'll do anything to protect Mueller, but that's probably because they know Mueller's Russian Collusion Report will never be released to the public.

What say ye?

Last edited:
You ask if the bill will see the light of day, did you mean the Mueller findings?
Yes, it will see the light of day. Will Trump throw wrenches in the works? He already has, numerous times.
Will he go nuts and overtly try to stop, limit, or derail the findings? I don't think so, but you never know with Trump and his supporters.

You ask if the bill will see the light of day, did you mean the Mueller findings?
Yes, it will see the light of day. Will Trump throw wrenches in the works? He already has, numerous times.
Will he go nuts and overtly try to stop, limit, or derail the findings? I don't think so, but you never know with Trump and his supporters.

Fixed it.

Sorry if my post seems like a big ramble, but my focus isn't whether or not the Mueller protection bill ever gets a Senate floor vote. I would like to know if folks believe his report will ever be made public? Seems to me that's exactly what the Senate leadership is gearing up for.

Given what these high ranking, influential members of the Senate have said concerning their support for the Mueller investigation continuing until its conclusion, do you think the Russia investigative report will ever see the light of day in the public square even if the bill to protect Mueller does somehow find its way to the Senate floor and is subsequently approved? Listening to the public statements from the likes of Sen. Lindsey "Leach to Power" Graham, Senate Majority Leader Mitch "The Turtle-Weasle" McConnel, and Sen. Chuck "Snake in the Grass"ley concerning protecting the Mueller probe via a Senate bill, I believe it's unlikely they'll do anything to protect Mueller, but that's probably because they know Mueller's Russian Collusion Report will never be released to the public.

What say ye?

Even if they keep it hidden there will be those that "leak" it to The Press. If its negative of Trump then a Democrat will. If its positive of Trump then a Republican will. Either way, the public will see it, or at least the results of it.

Given what these high ranking, influential members of the Senate have said concerning their support for the Mueller investigation continuing until its conclusion, do you think the bill will ever see the light of day in the public square even if it does somehow find its way to the Senate floor and is subsequently approved? Listening to the public statements from the likes of Sen. Lindsey "Leach to Power" Graham, Senate Majority Leader Mitch "The Turtle-Weasle" McConnel, and Sen. Chuck "Snake in the Grass"ley concerning protecting the Mueller probe via a Senate bill, I believe it's unlikely they'll do anything to protect Mueller, but that's probably because they know Mueller's Russian Collusion Report will never be released to the public.

What say ye?

I can't answer your poll for two reasons:

1. You seem to be asking about two different things here. Your poll asks about the Mueller report. Your text talks about Congressional legislation. You should clarify which your poll actually applies to.

2. The poll...as it stands...is talking about the Mueller reports. None of the choices are relevant to what actually determines if the report will see the light of day. Mueller will submit his report to the AG. The AG will determine who gets to see the report and in what condition (redacted or otherwise). There is no requirement for the AG to give the report to anyone. Now...some Congressional committee can certainly request the report. The AG might give it to them. It might be redacted. It's up to the AG.

My guess is that the AG will release some kind of summary to the public. We won't see anything near an unredacted version of the report.

What say ye?
Yes, it will be released in at least some substantive form - if the Dems are running the House. I believe they can constitutionally force its release, and likely will, as I believe the report will be at least somewhat unkind to Trump and his cohorts.

1. You seem to be asking about two different things here. Your poll asks about the Mueller report. Your text talks about Congressional legislation. You should clarify which your poll actually applies to.

2. The poll...as it stands...is talking about the Mueller reports. None of the choices are relevant to what actually determines if the report will see the light of day. Mueller will submit his report to the AG. The AG will determine who gets to see the report and in what condition (redacted or otherwise). There is no requirement for the AG to give the report to anyone. Now...some Congressional committee can certainly request the report. The AG might give it to them. It might be redacted. It's up to the AG.

My guess is that the AG will release some kind of summary to the public. We won't see anything near an unredacted version of the report.
That's actually not a bad synopsis in my opinion, but I believe the (Dem) committees will release quite a few substantive items if in their favor.

Yes, it will be released in at least some substantive form - if the Dems are running the House. I believe they can constitutionally force its release, and likely will, as I believe the report will be at least somewhat unkind to Trump and his cohorts.

I hope there more weighty charges than perjury and lying to Congress/FBI.

Fixed it.

Sorry if my post seems like a big ramble, but my focus isn't whether or not the Mueller protection bill ever gets a Senate floor vote. I would like to know if folks believe his report will ever be made public? Seems to me that's exactly what the Senate leadership is gearing up for.

Seems reasonable...Liked your post.

I hope there more weighty charges than perjury and lying to Congress/FBI.
I suspect there may be, though much of it may not be collusion related, but rather other forms of financial and other fraud and improprieties.

But you never know, with Trump. His pandering to Putin, and eschewing America at Helsinki, was highly disturbing and inexplicable.

What say ye?

I don't think any Russian collusion or electioneering will be supported. I think there will be strong criminality by both Rupubs and Dems to such a degree that both parties will want to keep secrets and that means lots of redactions. Mueller???? How many years did he keep the Clinton investigation going and collected a paycheck? It's the gov't and everybody "don't know nuttin'." SOP.

What say ye?

Do you have to keep flashing your "complete idiot" credentials, or do you really just no want an answer?

Who says he going to stop. He may chase leads until 2020 to finish the job of killing trump - like pecking him to death with geese. He can investigate or not investigate anyone he want, and anyone who says he can't gets ****storm in his and his families face when he goes out in public.

It will be redacted everywhere someone not in the Trump universe is involved.

I see no way Mueller could investigate the dossier and Russia involvement without involving the Clintons, since he is following extraneous leads all over the place. But congress and DoJ will be seeing the complete document, and it will be leaked anyway so they may as well come clean.

There is a mystery though. Hillary and five of her posse "withdrew" their security clearances. I suspect they were told to do so voluntarily or be stripped. And I suspect that something else is going on. DC elitists don't give up any power, ever. The fact that their are no leaks challenging her view of the "withdrawal" tells me A - pigs really do fly, or B - she's getting busted, or C - some combination of the two... or nothing at all.

That's actually not a bad synopsis in my opinion, but I believe the (Dem) committees will release quite a few substantive items if in their favor.

For sure.

What say ye?

Yes, in full. A Democrat-controlled House can see to that.

What say ye?

They'll definitely release it. If they don't there will always be conspiracy theories floating around. Granted, there will be that kind of theory no matter what but it won't be as bad if the report is released.

What say ye?

I say you left out the most obvious choice. That being the document will be leaked and printed by either the Washington Post or the New York Times.

Don't be so sure that the Democrats will want it released.

That's why both Republicans and Democrats sit on the committees, even if the Republicans don't control the course of those committees. So long as both parties sit on the committees, sitting on the reports or heavily redacting the politically inconvenient bits would be short lived at best. That's why even Nunes had such awful luck when he tried to release cherry picked memos.

While the minority party may have extraordinarily little power, it's not completely insignificant.

What say ye?

Its my understanding that the Mueller report will be given to the Attorney General or acting Attorney General who must present it to the ranking judiciary member of both chambers of congress after deciding what will be shared.

The Attorney General with his team can decide to redact substantial parts of the report. Some version of the report will be shared with the public probably in bits and pieces by Congress. If Mueller finds wrong doing by the President

that he deems criminal the President is the only person he cannot indict under Justice department rules he has agreed to up hold. It will be up to Congress to decide what to do with that sort of information. No doubt there will be

dueling versions of the report from the House and Senate. Mueller can indict and prosecute anyone but the President. It will be the aim of House Democrats to damage the Republican administration as much as they can heading

towards 2020. It will be the aim of Senate Republicans to minimize damage.

Back
Top Bottom