• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does the Laschet / Söder rivalry mean a wedge between CDU and CSU?

joluoto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
German conservatives split by search for Merkel's successor

So CDU and CSU both try to push their leaders as Merkel's successor. Could this mean the CDU/ CSU partnership is in danger? What would that mean for German Christian Democracy or Bavaria's position overall? I have a hard time seeing CSU not back a CDU led government even if there are bad blood. Of course the last thing CDU needs is more issues, they have an uphill battle if they want to keep the position of leadership. And since their main rival no seem to be the Greens, that'd probably require a different strategy than facing off agains their traditional rival (SPD).

As much as I'd love to see in-fighting and division within those ****ers, I think when it comes to the election and dealing with external issues they'll continue with a united front.

I desperately want a Green lead coalition of FDP, SPD and/or Linke. Germany has been CDU/CSU controlled for far too long and it's time for a little correction. Social issues is where I'm most concerned which is why I think Greens and FDP could get a lot done like cannabis legalization. On economics they'd have a hard time together though.

Still, if we have the same old CDU/CSU shit nothing will change. I absolutely despise religiously themed parties.

As much as I'd love to see in-fighting and division within those ****ers, I think when it comes to the election and dealing with external issues they'll continue with a united front.

I desperately want a Green lead coalition of FDP, SPD and/or Linke. Germany has been CDU/CSU controlled for far too long and it's time for a little correction. Social issues is where I'm most concerned which is why I think Greens and FDP could get a lot done like cannabis legalization. On economics they'd have a hard time together though.

Still, if we have the same old CDU/CSU shit nothing will change. I absolutely despise religiously themed parties.
agree in all points

Back
Top Bottom