• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does the Death Penalty Teach Vengence and Violence?

-Demosthenes- said:
Why should a book I make be the governing text of our nation and not yours? What makes yours better?
God wrote it.

How do you know that you're not the sinner and I'm the one who interprets God's words correctly?
We are all sinners. Therefore you're interpreting God's word incorrectly, because you think that you're exempt.

"Thou salt not kill" I'm gona have to say... this means you're not supposed to kill people... but I guess commandments can be broken if you have a really good reason eh? So what is the Bible for again?
God commands the death penalty for breaking this commandment. Context is important. A murderer lacks authority.

I think that I used that exact phrase ("Please try to understand") when talking to God-is-Holy in another thread... Yeah he didn't listen.
You're misquoting me. You've mixed somebody else's words under my quote signature. Learn how to use the quote system. You're engaging in misrepresentation.

I tried goggling for some type of audio file for when God said this, but you know what, I couldn't find it... so, uh, yeah.
You googled the wrong words.

If I typed: "lala la la la lala" as my response to your post, you wouldn't know the difference, would you...
God knows the difference. Righteousness is what matters. Not the arguments of sinful man.

God is Holy said:
Why should a book I make be the governing text of our nation and not yours? What makes yours better?

God wrote it.
Got wrote my book too.

God is Holy said:
How do you know that you're not the sinner and I'm the one who interprets God's words correctly?

We are all sinners. Therefore you're interpreting God's word incorrectly, because you think that you're exempt.
No, I'm interpreting right, you're just a sinner, so you're wrong.

God is Holy said:
If I typed: "lala la la la lala" as my response to your post, you wouldn't know the difference, would you...

God knows the difference. Righteousness is what matters. Not the arguments of sinful man.
Naw, I'm the righteous one, you are just so sinful that you've lost the ability to interpret scripture is all. Don't worry about it, I'm here to tell you how it is.

:spin:

-Demosthenes- said:
Got wrote my book too.
What book are you referring to? The Bible?

No, I'm interpreting right, you're just a sinner, so you're wrong.
What verse are you getting this from?

Naw, I'm the righteous one, you are just so sinful that you've lost the ability to interpret scripture is all.
Only the Holy Spirit can interpret scripture for us properly. Not me or you. It's God alone who does that for us.

Don't worry about it, I'm here to tell you how it is.
I'll leave that to God.

God is Holy said:
Only the Holy Spirit can interpret scripture for us properly. Not me or you. It's God alone who does that for us.
You'll just have to trust me, the Holy spirit told me.

Re: Does the Death Penalty Teach Vengeance and Violence?

Calm2Chaos said:
If you can name me one person that was killed using the death penalty, and then became vengefully or violent then you may have something. People have freewill and freedom to decide, least in most cases. How exactly does this make a person violent or vengefully if they weren't prior?

I know of no man who has been successful in this endeavor, some may have tried(returning from the dead)..
But their sons do, even all of their offspring.And the violence continues for generations until some one breaks it, somehow..

Violence does indeed beget violence, so, I must be against the death penalty, should I not be...??..
If a hundred men witness a violent act( say - warfare), 99 of those will have no problem and treat it as an unfortunate but necessary thing. One, the impressionable child will think this is the way to do all things, that differences are settled via the bullet rather than respect and debate...Mind you, that child is hiding among the men, I hope he is far less than one out of a thousand...

God-is-Holy, are you serious ?

God did not and cannot write anything.

At this point in time, the death penalty has accomplished nothing but saving some taxpayer's money - which is not all bad..

And not Jesus teach that to forgive is devine ??

earthworm said:
At this point in time, the death penalty has accomplished nothing but saving some taxpayer's money - which is not all bad..

The death penalty is actually more expensive than putting a felon in prison for life, believe it or not.

earthworm said:

Finally, the extra costs per actual execution, assuming a 10% actual execution rate is $2.16 million. This number can be lowered somewhat by assuming a higher rate of executions than history would indicate. If the rate were an unprecedented 30%, for example, the extra cost per execution would be $780,000.

http://www.pubpol.duke.edu/dpn/spring00/blum.html

Back
Top Bottom