• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does the Death Penalty Teach Vengence and Violence?

alphieb said:
My husband is an attorney. He states the system is inherently fallible.

He's right. The system sentences people to death who are later proved not guilty. It can only execute about 10% of those sentenced to death, according to a study done on North Carolina's system. And it spends much more money to execute a convict than to imprison him for life with no chance of parole.

Last edited:
tryreading said:
One relevant number is that only about 10% of those sentenced to die are actually killed.

Here are some financial numbers.

Florida spent an estimated $57 million on the death penalty from 1973 to 1988 to achieve 18 executions - that is an average of $3.2 million per execution (Miami Herald). It costs six times more to execute a person in Florida than to incarcerate a prisoner for life with no parole.

In Texas, a death penalty case costs an average of $2.3 million, about three times the cost of imprisoning someone in a single cell at the highest security level for 40 years (Dallas Morning News).

A study found that the death penalty costs North Carolina $2.16 million per execution over the costs of a non-death penalty murder case with a sentence of imprisonment for life (Cook & Slawson. 1993). On a national basis, these figures translate to an extra cost of over $700 million dollars spent since 1976 on the death penalty.

The death penalty costs California $90 million annually beyond the ordinary costs of the justice system - $78 million of that total incurred at the trial level (Sacramento Bee).

http://www.uvm.edu/~vlrs/doc/deathpenalty.htm

Now you do realize that by the time the lifer actually dies the time value of money changes the overall cost.You rember the old folks talking how a bag candy cost them a nickel when they were younger?In other words the cost of
housing someone for life will increase and by the time the lifer dies it may have been cheaper just to execute him.

jamesrage said:
All that is nice but lets look at inflation.

Here is a inflation calculator to play with.
http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

That is all nice but lets look at some facts:

The death penalty is proven racist, and innacurate. For one, it costs taxpayers alot more to execute them, opposed to life incarceration, it's barbaric- we have to move away from stupid OT rules and ways to live, the appeals clog and slow down are criminal justice system, it definetly sends the wrong message to criminals and society alike- why kill people to show killing's wrong?, Life in prison is a far worse punishment and better detterent, the prisoner's family, who are innocent btw, will suffer even more if they are executed (can't ever talk to them again, etc). Not only these but the justice system isn't batting 1000 ok? So, unless it is, innocents will be killed.

kal-el said:
That is all nice but lets look at some facts:

The death penalty is proven racist, and innacurate.
Racist?Since when?1950?

For one, it costs taxpayers alot more to execute them, opposed to life incarceration,
In 40 years the cost of incarceration will cost more in the long run than executing a murderer now. it may be 2.15 million in Texas to execute someone
as a total cost per person.But if right now it cost forty thousand per prisoner
think about how much it will cost to house that same prisoner twenty years from now.The estamate of 1.8 million per lifer that I made does not account for inflation.
So lets play with the inflation calcular and see what $6312.38 in 1960 equals to in the year 2005 in five year incriments.

$6312.38 for 1960
$6713.51 for 1965
$7939.80 for 1970
$10679.17 for 1975
$15750.15 for 1980
$22539.51 for 1985
$26893.68 for 1990
$32149.95 for 1995
$36018.58 for 2000
$40000.00 for 2005

it's barbaric- we have to move away from stupid OT rules and ways to live,
I find it hard to beleave that every country that has a death penalty does so because of OT rules.It is your opinion that executing vermin is barbaric.

the appeals clog and slow down are criminal justice system, it definetly sends the wrong message to criminals and society alike
The appeals can be decreased as technology gets better.

- why kill people to show killing's wrong?, Life in prison is a far worse punishment and better detterent,
Our prisoners live better than law abiding citizens in third world countries.Explain how that it just.
the prisoner's family, who are innocent btw, will suffer even more if they are executed (can't ever talk to them again, etc).
I realy doubt a murderer's familiy member is crying over the death of a murderer.

jamesrage said:
That is your problem,you feel sorry for scumbags but when it comes to the victims you are basicly saying **** them.Your problem is that you do not put yourself in the vicitm's shoes you ignor what happened to them and put ytour self in the shoes of the scumba with out taking into account what the murderer did.
Does this have something to do with Ka-lel's recent house arrest? Insensitivity towards the suffering of victims and heightened hyper-sensitivity about the suffering of evil aggressors. Ongoing rebelliousness it seems. Can some people really be reasoned with?

kal-el said:
Hlave-wiity responses? WTF?
Such as this one.

Last edited:
jamesrage said:
Now you do realize that by the time the lifer actually dies the time value of money changes the overall cost.You rember the old folks talking how a bag candy cost them a nickel when they were younger?In other words the cost of
housing someone for life will increase and by the time the lifer dies it may have been cheaper just to execute him.

Now, do you realize you have omitted the rest of the equation? Take the $2.16 million from the North Carolina study spent in 1993, plug that into an investment calculator, and you can determine what that money would be worth today. The yearly incarceration costs, when totaled, will be a small fraction of the total value of the $2.16 million invested.

If you plug the death penalty costs into your 45 year plan, as an invested amount, you'll be amazed at the projected total.

God-Is-Holy said:
Does this have something to do with Ka-lel's recent house arrest? Insensitivity towards the suffering of victims and heightened hyper-sensitivity about the suffering of evil aggressors. Ongoing rebelliousness it seems. Can some people really be reasoned with?

Such as this one.

God, I am so glad to finally be able to talk to you. Strange meeting you here, but it appears you surf in mysterious places.

God, do you really want the state to slay those convicted of capital wrongdoing? And also the wrongfully convicted (sometimes we err, we humans)? I am not sensitive about the suffering of the evil, my emotional reaction is to slaughter them, but I'm wary of a system that wastes money, convicts mistakenly, and ineptly only executes a tiny fraction of those sentenced to death.

I hope that you can ease the pain of the victims of heinous crimes, God, because ultimate state vengeance against the evildoers won't. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure vengeance is yours, not ours. How about we incarcerate the criminals for life, to separate them from society?

I ask in you know who's name,
Amen.

tryreading said:
God, I am so glad to finally be able to talk to you. Strange meeting you here, but it appears you surf in mysterious places.
You may have me mistaken with someone else. God speaks in his word, the bible. A common mistake is to merely address God's messengers, when really we can address God directly. Just read the word.

God, do you really want the state to slay those convicted of capital wrongdoing? And also the wrongfully convicted (sometimes we err, we humans)? I am not sensitive about the suffering of the evil, my emotional reaction is to slaughter them, but I'm wary of a system that wastes money, convicts mistakenly, and ineptly only executes a tiny fraction of those sentenced to death.
Unfortunately, the government has strayed from the laws that the bible has set forth. These decisions are God's, not man's.

I hope that you can ease the pain of the victims of heinous crimes, God, because ultimate state vengeance against the evildoers won't. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure vengeance is yours, not ours. How about we incarcerate the criminals for life, to separate them from society?
God eases the sufferings of the righteous in heaven. If these were truly God's servants, they will be comforted.

I ask in you know who's name,
Amen.
That's the name of Jesus. Don't be shy.

tryreading said:
Now, do you realize you have omitted the rest of the equation? Take the $2.16 million from the North Carolina study spent in 1993, plug that into an investment calculator, and you can determine what that money would be worth today. The yearly incarceration costs, when totaled, will be a small fraction of the total value of the $2.16 million invested.

If you plug the death penalty costs into your 45 year plan, as an invested amount, you'll be amazed at the projected total.

$2,912,445.24 to execute someone 2005
This one goes further than 2005.
.http://www.halfhill.com/inflation.html

So if I stick your behind bars for 45 years lets see what the gradual cost would be verse executing convicting you right now and executing you in ten years.
$40,000 for the year 2005 to house one inmate
$40,800.00 for the year 2006
$41,697.60 for the year 2007
$42,614.94 for the year 2008
$43,552.47 for the year 2009
$44,510.63 for the year 2010
$45,489.86 for the year 2011
$46,490.64 for the year 2012
$47,513.43 for the year 2013
$48,558.73 for the year 2014
$49,627.02 for the year 2015
$51,115.83 for the year 2016
$52,649.30 for the year 2017
$54,228.78 for the year 2018
$55,855.65 for the year 2019
$57,531.32 for the year 2020
$59,257.26 for the year 2021
$61,034.97 for the year 2022
$62,866.02 for the year 2023
$64,752.00 for the year 2024
$66,694.56 for the year 2025
$68,695.40 for the year 2026
$70,756.26 for the year 2027
$72,878.95 for the year 2028
$75,065.32 for the year 2029
$77,317.28 for the year 2030
$79,636.80 for the year 2031
$82,025.90 for the year 2032
$84,486.68 for the year 2033
$87,021.28 for the year 2034
$89,631.92 for the year 2035
$92,320.88 for the year 2036
$95,090.50 for the year 2037
$97,943.22 for the year 2038
$100,881.52 for the year 2039
$103,907.96 for the year 2040
$107,025.20 for the year 2041
$110,235.96 for the year 2042
$113,543.03 for the year 2043
$116,949.33 for the year 2044
$120,457.81 for the year 2045
$124,071.54 for the year 2046
$127,793.69 for the year 2047
$131,627.50 for the year 2048
$135,576.32 for the year 2049
$139,643.61 for the year 2050

$3503074.70 rough estimate for total cost between 2005 and 2050 for housing a lifer.

$3,613,399.68 if you sentence to death today and execute ten years from now.

Last edited:
The death penalty is hypocritical, bottom line......Committ a crime against someone who committed a crime???????????? Murder is a CRIME.

alphieb said:
The death penalty is hypocritical, bottom line......Committ a crime against someone who committed a crime???????????? Murder is a CRIME.

Murder is the taking of a innocent life with malicious intent.Since when is a murderer innocent?

jamesrage said:
Murder is the taking of a innocent life with malicious intent.Since when is a murderer innocent?

Life in prison would work

alphieb said:
Life in prison would work

Let me explain a life sentence to you.I kill your brother and or sister.Now you get to pay for my room and board for the rest of my life plus the wieghts I get to use, the books I get to read,the legal advice I get to use,internet,video games,television and so on.

God-Is-Holy said:
You may have me mistaken with someone else. God speaks in his word, the bible. A common mistake is to merely address God's messengers, when really we can address God directly. Just read the word.

Unfortunately, the government has strayed from the laws that the bible has set forth. These decisions are God's, not man's.

God eases the sufferings of the righteous in heaven. If these were truly God's servants, they will be comforted.

That's the name of Jesus. Don't be shy.

Now you tell me. Your avatar should be a disclaimer.

The decision the state makes to execute somebody is 100% man's.

Try to understand, a tiny fraction of those sentenced to death are actually killed, but at a (huge) disproportionate cost.

I don't know why you would call the criminals God's servants.

I'm not shy about anything. But if I were posting to God, as I thought I was, he knows his son's name.

jamesrage said:
This one goes further than 2005.
.http://www.halfhill.com/inflation.html

So if I stick your behind bars for 45 years lets see what the gradual cost would be verse executing convicting you right now and executing you in ten years...

$3503074.70 rough estimate for total cost between 2005 and 2050 for housing a lifer.

$3,613,399.68 if you sentence to death today and execute ten years from now.

You don't use an inflation calculator to determine appreciation. Using your figure:

Here is what that wasted money would be worth in only ten years at 5% annual interest (much more than 5% can be earned yearly with this amount of money, but I'm keeping the equation simple):

2005 $2,912,445.24
2006 3,058,067.50
2007 3,210,970.88
2008 3,371,519.42
2009 3,540,095.39
2010 3,717,100.16
2011 3,902,955.17
2012 4,098,102.93
2013 4,303,008.07
2014 4,518,158.48
2015 4,744,066.40

With your example of yearly ongoing costs at inflation adjusted rates you factor in inflation, of course. But with my example of investing the money spent on capital punishment, you use earnings factors. Imagine what the $2.9 million would be after forty five years. At 5%, using the 'rule of 72', the money would roughly double every 15 years, so the total value of the $2.9 m
after 45 years would be about $23 million dollars. Per death sentence.

tryreading said:
Now you tell me.
Tell you what?

Your avatar should be a disclaimer.
Avatar? I have no avatar. Are you referring to the screen name?

The decision the state makes to execute somebody is 100% man's.
Romans 13
1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
(NAS95)

Proverbs 21
1 The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes.
(NAS95)

Proverbs 16
33 The lot is cast into the lap, But its every decision is from the LORD.
(NAS95)

Try to understand, a tiny fraction of those sentenced to death are actually killed, but at a (huge) disproportionate cost.
I understand. There's alot of money involved.

I don't know why you would call the criminals God's servants.
Are you labeling the government officials as criminals now? What then are the lawbreakers? A criminal is someone who breaks the law. Not someone who enforces it. That's a pretty big difference to miss.

I'm not shy about anything. But if I were posting to God, as I thought I was, he knows his son's name.
I know that God does. I was more concerned that you didn't.

God-Is-Holy said:
Tell you what?

Avatar? I have no avatar. Are you referring to the screen name?

Romans 13
1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
(NAS95)

Proverbs 21
1 The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes.
(NAS95)

Proverbs 16
33 The lot is cast into the lap, But its every decision is from the LORD.
(NAS95)

I understand. There's alot of money involved.

Are you labeling the government officials as criminals now? What then are the lawbreakers? A criminal is someone who breaks the law. Not someone who enforces it. That's a pretty big difference to miss.

I know that God does. I was more concerned that you didn't.

I meant now you tell me you're not God.

Its really tiresome to break out each sentence of your post, so I'm not going to do it.

Quoting the scripture makes no difference. Our law is made by us, not God. When the state executes somebody, we made that decision.

For your purposes, remember, God said 'Thou shalt not kill.' Even if somebody else kills, 'Thou shalt not...'

I didn't label anybody, thought you had.

tryreading said:
I meant now you tell me you're not God.
No, you had made a mistake.

Its really tiresome to break out each sentence of your post, so I'm not going to do it.
Okay.

Quoting the scripture makes no difference. Our law is made by us, not God. When the state executes somebody, we made that decision.
Just so we're in God's will when we make that decision.

For your purposes, remember, God said 'Thou shalt not kill.' Even if somebody else kills, 'Thou shalt not...'
This verse if often misinterpreted. The Old Testament teaches capital punishment for those who break this commandment.

Numbers 35
30 'If anyone kills a person, the murderer shall be put to death at the evidence of witnesses, but no person shall be put to death on the testimony of one witness.
31 'Moreover, you shall not take ransom for the life of a murderer who is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death.
(NAS95)

Deuteronomy 19
21 "Thus you shall not show pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
(NAS95)

Exodus 21
23 "But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life,
24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
(NAS95)

I didn't label anybody, thought you had.
I'm not sure what you're referring to. Sometimes people label themselves without realizing it.

jamesrage said:
Racist?Since when?1950?

What does 1950 have to do with anything? The death penalty is racist and unfair. Death row inmates are poor, not rich. When's the last time you saw a rich person on death row? The fact is death row inmates are usually poorly defended by over-worked court-appointed attorneys. Murders that are somewhat wealthy; i.e. O.J. Simpson go free, while at the same time, murders that are scraping the bottom of the barrel get a death sentence, is that justice?

In Texas, blacks make up 20%, 2/3 of them are on death row. Those who murdered whites are 4x more likely to get a death sentence.
http://www.counterpunch.org/deathpenalty.html

http://www.socialistaction.org/news/200105/death.html

US and Japan seem to be the only industrialized countries that still enforce this barbaric sentence:
http://news/bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1383018.stm

In 40 years the cost of incarceration will cost more in the long run than executing a murderer now. it may be 2.15 million in Texas to execute someone
as a total cost per person.But if right now it cost forty thousand per prisoner
think about how much it will cost to house that same prisoner twenty years from now.The estamate of 1.8 million per lifer that I made does not account for inflation.
So lets play with the inflation calcular and see what $6312.38 in 1960 equals to in the year 2005 in five year incriments.

$6312.38 for 1960
$6713.51 for 1965
$7939.80 for 1970
$10679.17 for 1975
$15750.15 for 1980
$22539.51 for 1985
$26893.68 for 1990
$32149.95 for 1995
$36018.58 for 2000
$40000.00 for 2005

That's to say that a prisoner will be incacerated that long. And where the hell did you get these numbers at anyway? That inflation calculator, did you find it on a pro-death penalty site?

I find it hard to beleave that every country that has a death penalty does so because of OT rules.It is your opinion that executing vermin is barbaric.

Well, let's look at what type of countries have it, then you can decide for yourself. It seems we are in the company of such great countries known for their humanitarian help such as Saudi Arabia, Singapore, and Kuwait.
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=127&scid=30

The appeals can be decreased as technology gets better.

Yes, and as technology gets better, we can come up with an antidote for this sickness of crime, hence we won't need most jails, and executions will be long gone.

Our prisoners live better than law abiding citizens in third world countries.Explain how that it just.

Of course they do. How's it our fault that we are more advanced technologically speaking, then 3rd world countries? Millions of people in 3rd world countries are dying of hunger every year, is it humane if we have an abundance of resources, to let our own people starve to death?

I realy doubt a murderer's familiy member is crying over the death of a murderer.

Why do you think that? The victim's family might not, but if the person is wrongfully convicted, once their executed, it's too late, we can't bring them back. We can always free an innocent person from jail.

God-Is-Holy said:
No, you had made a mistake.

Okay.

Just so we're in God's will when we make that decision.

This verse if often misinterpreted. The Old Testament teaches capital punishment for those who break this commandment.

Numbers 35
30 'If anyone kills a person, the murderer shall be put to death at the evidence of witnesses, but no person shall be put to death on the testimony of one witness.
31 'Moreover, you shall not take ransom for the life of a murderer who is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death.
(NAS95)

Deuteronomy 19
21 "Thus you shall not show pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
(NAS95)

Exodus 21
23 "But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life,
24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
(NAS95)

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Sometimes people label themselves without realizing it.

There was no mistake. Calling you God was meant to be humorous.

The commandment 'Thou shalt not kill' is often misinterpreted? No it isn't. If you are using the above to rebut it, you need to change your screen name to 'God is a riddle,' or similar. The phrase is a four word directive that is very clear. Anyway, we can contradict one Bible verse with another all day long, so let's stop that.

When you say 'as long as we are in God's will,' you must have a mouse in your pocket. My decisions are not based on the laws of the entity that your's are.

Last edited:
kal-el said:
What does 1950 have to do with anything? The death penalty is racist and unfair. Death row inmates are poor, not rich. When's the last time you saw a rich person on death row? The fact is death row inmates are usually poorly defended by over-worked court-appointed attorneys. Murders that are somewhat wealthy; i.e. O.J. Simpson go free, while at the same time, murders that are scraping the bottom of the barrel get a death sentence, is that justice?

Finiancial situation is not tied to race,unless you think like Aryan Imperium.

That's to say that a prisoner will be incacerated that long. And where the hell did you get these numbers at anyway? That inflation calculator, did you find it on a pro-death penalty site?

No I did not find the inflation calculator on a pro-death penalty site.Apparently you did not look at the site.
Well, let's look at what type of countries have it, then you can decide for yourself. It seems we are in the company of such great countries known for their humanitarian help such as Saudi Arabia, Singapore, and Kuwait.
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=127&scid=30

Do have anything on crime statistics of those countries?
Yes, and as technology gets better, we can come up with an antidote for this sickness of crime, hence we won't need most jails, and executions will be long gone.

I do not think there will ever be a cure for being a selfish inconsiderate **** who only thinks of himself and no one else.

Of course they do. How's it our fault that we are more advanced technologically speaking, then 3rd world countries? Millions of people in 3rd world countries are dying of hunger every year, is it humane if we have an abundance of resources, to let our own people starve to death?

SO you think it is okay for the to have televisions,education,internet,free legal advice,sex changes(google it before questioning me), and so on.If you were from Sanfrancisco the only difference between prison and Safransicko is the fact you can not walk outside the prison.As far as I am concerned the only thing prisoners need is brebread,water and hard labor.

Why do you think that? The victim's family might not, but if the person is wrongfully convicted, once their executed, it's too late, we can't bring them back. We can always free an innocent person from jail.

The thing about you anti-death penalty feel sorry for vermin people is that you could care less how guilty the individual is.There could be video evidence,confession,finger prints on the weapon and ballistics test to confirm the weapon used and so on and you feel sorry for vermin anti-death penalty people would still want him to live off tax payer dollar and you would help lobby for laws making it more costly to execute him.

jamesrage said:
The thing about you anti-death penalty feel sorry for vermin people is that you could care less how guilty the individual is.There could be video evidence,confession,finger prints on the weapon and ballistics test to confirm the weapon used and so on and you feel sorry for vermin anti-death penalty people would still want him to live off tax payer dollar and you would help lobby for laws making it more costly to execute him.

I'm anti death penalty, but I don't feel sorry for the criminal. My emotional reaction is to execute, like you, but the system does not work, so I'm against capital punishment.

-Some of those convicted are not guilty.
-The process costs more than imprisoning for life.
-The cases take a huge amount of court time
-Only a little over 10% of those sentenced to death are actually killed, according to a study conducted in North Carolina. This fact alone shows the system is not effective.

Last edited:
jamesrage said:
Finiancial situation is not tied to race,unless you think like Aryan Imperium.

Of course it's not. I was simply stating that the death penalty is clearly innacurate. Rich people almost always kill and walk, why? Because of money. Less fortunate people are usually **** out of luck.

No I did not find the inflation calculator on a pro-death penalty site.Apparently you did not look at the site.

Well, I know you didn't find it on a abolishment site.

Do have anything on crime statistics of those countries?

Well, I don't have crime rates of the entire world, but I did locate crime rates in the US: Avg. murder rates among pro death penalty states: 5.1 to 100,000 people, compared to the Avg. murders rates among non-death penalty states: 2.9 to 100,000 people. What a difference!
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=12&did=169

I do not think there will ever be a cure for being a selfish inconsiderate **** who only thinks of himself and no one else.

Do you think there will ever be cures for Cancer, AIDs, or all ills? Why is crime any different? It is just a state of impaired functioning. We don't kill people with diseases, do we? Then why kill criminals? In the future, as long as technology prohibits, all diseases will be cured, as for crime, hence jails and hosptitals will basically be obsolete.

SO you think it is okay for the to have televisions,education,internet,free legal advice,sex changes(google it before questioning me), and so on.If you were from Sanfrancisco the only difference between prison and Safransicko is the fact you can not walk outside the prison.As far as I am concerned the only thing prisoners need is brebread,water and hard labor.

Why not? I don't know about internet, and others. Just the basic necessaties. But society's safety can be assured with a life sentence without parole, hence the criminal will never return to society.

The thing about you pro-death penalty mental derectics is that you all seem to be trigger happy. Who the hell granted us the stature of judge, jury, and executioner? Whoever executes is just as guilty as the killer.

Last edited:
tryreading said:
There was no mistake. Calling you God was meant to be humorous.
Okay, I just thought you were trying to be submissive to authority.

The commandment 'Thou shalt not kill' is often misinterpreted? No it isn't. If you are using the above to rebut it, you need to change your screen name to 'God is a riddle,' or similar. The phrase is a four word directive that is very clear. Anyway, we can contradict one Bible verse with another all day long, so let's stop that.
God is merely a riddle to you because you don't understand Him or His holy word. This is common among sinners who don't know God.

When you say 'as long as we are in God's will,' you must have a mouse in your pocket. My decisions are not based on the laws of the entity that your's are.
That's a shame and a sin. Nonetheless, your excuse does not alleviate the fact that you will be held accountable for your decisions, both in this life and the next.

Back
Top Bottom