• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does the Death of Justice RBG help or hurt either Biden or Trump's chances

Does the death of Justice RBG help or hurt Biden Or Trump's chances?

• Total voters

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Is either candidate helped by the prospect of the vacancy on the Supreme court? Will Trump use it to rally his voters or will Biden use it to amp up the attack against Trump

Cannot help Trump even a little. Already hurting him, can hurt even more if the GOP rams through a nutter.

Trump haters cannot hate him more. Meanwhile, pro-life voters who may have softened a bit because of Trump's behavior will likely be galvanized by this opportunity to take firm control of SCOTUS.

I voted it helps President Trump. My reasoning for this choice is because the number one issue on the minds of Republican and some Independent voters was the Supreme Court in 2016 and is why they voted for Trump because he had put forth a list of extraordinary Constitutional Originalists prior to the election and he has put forth another prior to this election.

With another opportunity to fill another seat , it will likely be at the forefront in their minds this time around. There are too many fundamental rights at risk not to be concerned. Also the Democrats have signaled they plan to challenge this election if it does not come out the way they hope. So it would be wise to have all seats filled prior if possible.

It helps Joe imho. Everyone knows RBG was not going to make it another 4 years, so if Trump won, he'd still replace her with a Con. Thus, that incentive was already there. So no boost. On the flipside, this will wake a lot of people up who don't want another Con in SCOTUS, so turnout for Dems might just get a boost.

Anyone who cares about this already made up their mind who they are voting for. The only exception MIGHT be if Democrats go nuts trashing Trump's nominee - but even that would be trivial and not change the election outcome.

I believe the vast majority of folks are already decided. So it helps neither.

Anyone who cares about this already made up their mind who they are voting for. The only exception MIGHT be if Democrats go nuts trashing Trump's nominee - but even that would be trivial and not change the election outcome.
Trump's female nominee will be attacked with reckless abandon and I do believe it will affect votes. The worsening leftist, Democrat violence in the streets is going to increase exponentially.

Trump's female nominee will be attacked with reckless abandon and I do believe it will affect votes. The worsening leftist, Democrat violence in the streets is going to increase exponentially.

It COULD help Trump if he nominates the Floridian Cuban-American woman from his list. Wouldn't she be the first Latino on the SCOTUS?

It COULD help Trump if he nominates the Floridian Cuban-American woman from his list. Wouldn't she be the first Latino on the SCOTUS?
First Cuban American.

Sotomayor is the first Latino: Democrats blocked the eminently qualified Miguel Estrada from a lower court because they saw Bush grooming him to be the first latino USSC Justice-and the Democrats will never tolerate anyone playing ethnic quota games ahead of them

I don't think it will change the minds of those intending to vote, but it could cause some to vote who were not planning on doing so.

It depends on a number of things. Everything from who President OrangeGlow nominates, to the timing of the nomination, to actions in the Senate before the election, to Republicans unsure of how politically safe the whole thing is.

I am not entirely convinced they call pull this off without using the lame duck session post the election.

"When there is a vacancy on the SCOTUS, the President is to nominate someone, the Senate is to consider that nomination... There's no unwritten law that says that it can only be done on off-years. That's not in the Constitution text." Barack Obama

How could it not help? ^ :)

It depends on a number of things. Everything from who President OrangeGlow nominates, to the timing of the nomination, to actions in the Senate before the election, to Republicans unsure of how politically safe the whole thing is.

I am not entirely convinced they call pull this off without using the lame duck session post the election.
given a choice, I'd rather have Trump fill the seat with another CT or Sam Alito clone than win the election

given a choice, I'd rather have Trump fill the seat with another CT or Sam Alito clone than win the election

I am not entirely sure that is the standard anymore, Republicans can try the rhetoric of “Constitutionalist” but really the new litmus test is anti-abortion, pro-any-gun someone could obtain, and pro-theocratic interpretations.

It is no longer about the Bill of Rights either, just the weaponization of only part of the Constitution as a means to marginalize everyone else.

Is either candidate helped by the prospect of the vacancy on the Supreme court? Will Trump use it to rally his voters or will Biden use it to amp up the attack against Trump
Her death, may she rest in peace, will help neither of them. Trump will pull anything out of his a$$ to rally his cult base, he has no respect for patriots, dead or alive. Trump serves at the pleasure of Mr. Putin ONLY. His base are the only idiots who crave that cheap red meat, washed down with KoolAid. Trump creates his own reasons for criticism, nobody "attacks" Trump, Biden certainly doesn't need to create anything to point out Trump's corruption and deceit. Trump is NOT the victim, stop making him out to be one.

That's now my thinking. Trump's been playing hard in So FL to the Cuban community. FL will make or break it, for him. I think he'll go for it.

Her death, may she rest in peace, will help neither of them. Trump will pull anything out of his a$$ to rally his cult base, he has no respect for patriots, dead or alive. Trump serves at the pleasure of Mr. Putin ONLY. His base are the only idiots who crave that cheap red meat, washed down with KoolAid. Trump creates his own reasons for criticism, nobody "attacks" Trump, Biden certainly doesn't need to create anything to point out Trump's corruption and deceit. Trump is NOT the victim, stop making him out to be one.
\
Do you actually believe something that stupid or do you hope others do?

That's now my thinking. Trump's been playing hard in So FL to the Cuban community. FL will make or break it, for him. I think he'll go for it.
Might counter the scummy Bloomberg's attempt to buy the state due to his hard on for Trump

Why would he want to do it before the election? He can use it as a rallying cry to motivate his base to come out, without endangering McConnel's vulnerable Senators. I think he's best served by letting the nomination become the dominate issue clouding-out his negative issues like coronavirus, riding it into the election while blaming the Dems for impeding his progress. Then, he can confirm her during lame-duck or re-election, and McConnel's vulnerable Senators can vote with impunity.

I don't think it will change the minds of those intending to vote, but it could cause some to vote who were not planning on doing so.
It might move some traditional Conservatives who otherwise can't stand Trump.

BTW - We have seen the October Surprise, and it's a Duesy!

\
Do you actually believe something that stupid or do you hope others do?
Not surprised you think it's stupid, but try to remember, that's your opinion only. Anyone paying attention to Trump and his brainwashed base can see what's been going on for the last four years. I don't have to hope anyone 'believes' my statement, most know it's true and will agree, his supporters are loyal deniers and only believe what their new king tells them too, like good little buttsucks....no news here.

I believe the vast majority of folks are already decided. So it helps neither.

Vast majority want Roe to remain law of the land. GOP made it clear killing that and healthcare are twin priorities.

Back
Top Bottom