• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does the Death of Justice RBG help or hurt either Biden or Trump's chances

Does the death of Justice RBG help or hurt Biden Or Trump's chances?

• Total voters
I believe most people who say things like this about abortion and population probably didn’t read anything related to any of these items.
That's a pretty stupid attempt to dismiss what researchers said.

Is either candidate helped by the prospect of the vacancy on the Supreme court? Will Trump use it to rally his voters or will Biden use it to amp up the attack against Trump

I don't think it will swing the needle. I suppose that if McConnell cannot get a nominee in by election, maybe...maybe it will hurt the Republicans overall. But I don't really think this is anything to swing anyone to either side.

depends who it is. I don't think we will ever see RvW overturned. conservative judges are far more likely to respect precedent than Dems do.

I agree there but still a 6-3 conservative court lean that could last a decade or more will certainly make liberals motivated to vote

I agree there but still a 6-3 conservative court lean that could last a decade or more will certainly make liberals motivated to vote
well I don't consider Roberts a conservative any more-he's become erratic

yeah....I think it's more that so-called "conservatives" have become erratic.
well we do know that democrat appointees are far more likely to always support the party on major issues vs Republican Appointees

well we do know that democrat appointees are far more likely to always support the party on major issues vs Republican Appointees

Either way, I don't think judges should be following the party on issues. I think one of the more damning things we've done to the Republic is to make SCOTUS partisan.

Either way, I don't think judges should be following the party on issues. I think one of the more damning things we've done to the Republic is to make SCOTUS partisan.
what is the possible alternative.

Judges who judge by the Constitution and within the prescribed powers granted to the government.
well we have lots of liberals who pretend that the second amendment does not apply to individuals

well we have lots of liberals who pretend that the second amendment does not apply to individuals

I think activist judges exist on both sides of the isle. I suppose if we're going to make it all partisan and somehow accept that the Courts have become neigh omnipotent, we should be stacking the court with libertarians.

tell us what that means? I guess some of the tools from the old board didn't get installed here.

I don’t agree, there are so many tools to choose from here!

It means blow up the current set up. It’s clear the SC no longer serves the purpose it was intended. Time for a new version of this thing so the country has faith that it’s not just a rubber stamp for the GOP. Term limits is a good first step after packing it.

You mean you don't know who they are AFTER making claims about what they did not read?

Is this the part where you pretend I’m the one struggling to back my position? THey’re your researchers. I’m dismissing whatever it is you used to write the words in the post I responded to. If you wish to cite your source so we can all adjudicate, that would be cool.

Is either candidate helped by the prospect of the vacancy on the Supreme court? Will Trump use it to rally his voters or will Biden use it to amp up the attack against Trump
The death of Justice Ginsberg is an almost negligible effect matter .. .. but I think it conveys a slight advantage to Biden-Harris as their campaign management knows the stakes have just been raised, and if there's ever a time not to take that little break or skip that little canvasing or defer putting out that really malicious attack ad or simply not do every little thing possible .. that Hillary didn't do in 2016 .. now, especially, is that time.

As always Supreme Court nominees over Roe V Wade ends up to be the clarion call on the left as being in jeopardy. if someone on the right nominates them. I think something needs to be cleared up in how Constitutional Originalist jurists view the law.

Constitutional Originalist jurists know their place and that is to interpret the law the legislative branch has put forth. They know it is not their purpose to legislate from the bench but to interpret all things within the current laws of the land.

Unfortunately the left in Congress has added a litmus test to such jurists and that is if they are personally pro life somehow that makes them unqualified even though their personal views have nothing to do with how they view the law before them.

However, because of the far left stretch in supporting abortion up till delivery, there is a case to be made that Roe V Wade does not support such a thing because it amounts to infanticide.

There are millions of pro life Democrats in this country. They are appalled with this latest stance of their party to support abortion up to delivery. They begged their party to change it but they did not.

Right now the reason for hoping for constitutional Originalists on any federal court is to stop legislation from the bench.

Other: It helps Biden *if* Democrats take both the Senate and the WH. At that point, Democrats will have the political will to add court seats, destroy the filibuster and add DC and Puerto Rico as states.

If Democrats don't take the Senate and the WH then obviously all of this is moot.

I don’t agree, there are so many tools to choose from here!

It means blow up the current set up. It’s clear the SC no longer serves the purpose it was intended. Time for a new version of this thing so the country has faith that it’s not just a rubber stamp for the GOP. Term limits is a good first step after packing it.
I need a good laugh-what was its original purpose?

I need a good laugh-what was its original purpose?

Then ask the last woman who saw you naked to describe your dick, if you have something you want to argue, bring it.

Then ask the last woman who saw you naked to describe your dick, if you have something you want to argue, bring it.
your comments don't appear to suggest you actually have any clue about the supreme court and trolling appears to be the goal.

your comments don't appear to suggest you actually have any clue about the supreme court and trolling appears to be the goal.

You asked me to explain what I meant by “blow it up.” I did. I gave you full, good faith answer. Your response was to condescendingly ask me to prove to *you* some criteria I didn’t agree to, nor do I hold you in any kind of esteem in which I need to qualify my bonafides. Make *me* laugh: put up an argument.

So you can keep pouting that I won’t just agree to be trolled by you or you can get in the game.

Cannot help Trump even a little. Already hurting him, can hurt even more if the GOP rams through a nutter.
It won't hurt anyone, they Nancy has already stated democrats will use every arrow in the quiver to stop Trump from appointing a new high court judge. It's going to be an extremist bias bigoted and pharocial Jewish judge or a very extremist bias bigoted and parochial Jewish judge, to replace a Jewish judge which undermined the very fabric of the American constitution and right of the American people. But if you listen to the Zionist press the opposite is true.

It won't hurt anyone, they Nancy has already stated democrats will use every arrow in the quiver to stop Trump from appointing a new high court judge. It's going to be an extremist bias bigoted and pharocial Jewish judge or a very extremist bias bigoted and parochial Jewish judge, to replace a Jewish judge which undermined the very fabric of the American constitution and right of the American people. But if you listen to the Zionist press the opposite is true.

You seem to dislike Jews. And you’re in Scotland. That’s it. That’s all I know so far. Hi, how are you?

Also, RBG did not undermine any fabrics.

Back
Top Bottom