• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does the Death of Justice RBG help or hurt either Biden or Trump's chances

Does the death of Justice RBG help or hurt Biden Or Trump's chances?

• Total voters
Not surprised you think it's stupid, but try to remember, that's your opinion only. Anyone paying attention to Trump and his brainwashed base can see what's been going on for the last four years. I don't have to hope anyone 'believes' my statement, most know it's true and will agree, his supporters are loyal deniers and only believe what their new king tells them too, like good little buttsucks....no news here.

The above reads as textbook sycophancy.

Vast majority want Roe to remain law of the land. GOP made it clear killing that and healthcare are twin priorities.

Pants on fire lies, … but there again, you do seem to enjoy fire.

Vast majority want Roe to remain law of the land. GOP made it clear killing that and healthcare are twin priorities.
Is that what you think? That's nice.

Not surprised you think it's stupid, but try to remember, that's your opinion only. Anyone paying attention to Trump and his brainwashed base can see what's been going on for the last four years. I don't have to hope anyone 'believes' my statement, most know it's true and will agree, his supporters are loyal deniers and only believe what their new king tells them too, like good little buttsucks....no news here.
I love seeing the absolute unhinged hatred the far left has for Trump and those of us who will vote for him.

I don't think it will change the minds of those intending to vote, but it could cause some to vote who were not planning on doing so.
You know who it is going to be put in the hot seat? Those Never Trumper self righteous Republicans . These people for YEARS like those who were once part of the now defunct Weekly Standard like Bill Kristol and Stephen Hayes, those lining up to support Biden and those in Congress who do not support Trump and refuse to vote on his nomination like Collins, Murkowski, and possibly Romney. All of these SOB's are on record talking about the need to stop the legislation from the bench and getting constitutional originalists in their place. Everyone of these yahoos is feeling the heat at this time.

I love seeing the absolute unhinged hatred the far left has for Trump and those of us who will vote for him.
Wrong on both counts since you're addressing me. I'm not far left and I never said I hate Trump or the fools who worship him. I do however have no respect at all for the traitor in the white house or those who still support him after these past four years.

They might but Roe isn't supportive of late term abortion or killing fetus that are delivered alive. Abortion-like gun control on the other side-are issues where the right will improve its position as technology improves. The viability of fetuses born earlier and earlier is increasing, just as 3D printing technology is ultimately going to render gun bans unenforceable.

Wrong on both counts since you're addressing me. I'm not far left and I never said I hate Trump or the fools who worship him. I do however have no respect at all for the traitor in the white house or those who still support him after these past four years.

That's awesome

You know who it is going to be put in the hot seat? Those Never Trumper self righteous Republicans . These people for YEARS like those who were once part of the now defunct Weekly Standard like Bill Kristol and Stephen Hayes, those lining up to support Biden and those in Congress who do not support Trump and refuse to vote on his nomination like Collins, Murkowski, and possibly Romney. All of these SOB's are on record talking about the need to stop the legislation from the bench and getting constitutional originalists in their place. Everyone of these yahoos is feeling the heat at this time.

yeah it would be fun watching Romney or Murkowski (who claims to be a devout Catholic) try to stop an originalist like Barrett

Is either candidate helped by the prospect of the vacancy on the Supreme court? Will Trump use it to rally his voters or will Biden use it to amp up the attack against Trump

I think over all it helps republicans, but to what degree I think depends on when her replacement is taken up by the senate.

They might but Roe isn't supportive of late term abortion or killing fetus that are delivered alive. Abortion-like gun control on the other side-are issues where the right will improve its position as technology improves. The viability of fetuses born earlier and earlier is increasing, just as 3D printing technology is ultimately going to render gun bans unenforceable.

Viability isn’t the criteria. I don’t care when you find a heartbeat short of birth, as in when *my* body is ready to give up the thing. You will never have a say in that, and you will never ban abortion. At best you will simply make it unavailable to rural poor women. Which..sure, why should they have healthcare.

There is no such thing as killing alive fetuses that are born.

And this is all bullshit anyway. You just want to ban abortion cause your bible tells you so.

yeah it would be fun watching Romney or Murkowski (who claims to be a devout Catholic) try to stop an originalist like Barrett

The GOP isn’t an Originalist party anymore.

Barrett will probably be on the court. And then she’s gonna have company in a few months. ;)

The GOP isn’t an Originalist party anymore.

Barrett will probably be on the court. And then she’s gonna have company in a few months. ;)
Dems try to pack the court-that will only harm them in the long run. I think Chomsky's suggestion of a Cuban-American lady might be sound-though Barrett has been well vetted according to people I know who know this game

Dems try to pack the court-that will only harm them in the long run. I think Chomsky's suggestion of a Cuban-American lady might be sound-though Barrett has been well vetted according to people I know who know this game

Doesn’t matter who it is. GOP is going to pick a women to do a man’s dirty work of trying to strip us of our rights.

Dems have no choice. GOP is made it clear all bets are off and only suckers play by the rules. End the filibuster, flood the zone with legislation. If the GOP SC tries to legislate from the bench, blow that shit right up.

Elections have consequences.

Viability isn’t the criteria. I don’t care when you find a heartbeat short of birth, as in when *my* body is ready to give up the thing. You will never have a say in that, and you will never ban abortion. At best you will simply make it unavailable to rural poor women. Which..sure, why should they have healthcare.

There is no such thing as killing alive fetuses that are born.

And this is all bullshit anyway. You just want to ban abortion cause your bible tells you so.

I support legal abortion for all kinds of reasons-libertarian especially but machiavellian as well. I believe the people most likely to have abortions are people most likely to produce leftwing voters. One economist at "Freakanomics" IIRC claimed that the reason why violent crime started decreasing in the late 80s was because a whole generation of would be felons were aborted in the early 70s.

I support legal abortion for all kinds of reasons-libertarian especially but machiavellian as well. I believe the people most likely to have abortions are people most likely to produce leftwing voters. One economist at "Freakanomics" IIRC claimed that the reason why violent crime started decreasing in the late 80s was because a whole generation of would be felons were aborted in the early 70s.

I believe most people who say things like this about abortion and population probably didn’t read anything related to any of these items.

It helps Joe imho. Everyone knows RBG was not going to make it another 4 years, so if Trump won, he'd still replace her with a Con. Thus, that incentive was already there. So no boost. On the flipside, this will wake a lot of people up who don't want another Con in SCOTUS, so turnout for Dems might just get a boost.
When you stated the Dems could get a boost, who would they be voting for or against if a SCOTUS nominee is already confirmed by a Republican Senate.?

Is either candidate helped by the prospect of the vacancy on the Supreme court? Will Trump use it to rally his voters or will Biden use it to amp up the attack against Trump

If Trump manages to ram a nominee through then it helps Joe Biden immensely

Doesn’t matter who it is. GOP is going to pick a women to do a man’s dirty work of trying to strip us of our rights.

Dems have no choice. GOP is made it clear all bets are off and only suckers play by the rules. End the filibuster, flood the zone with legislation. If the GOP SC tries to legislate from the bench, blow that shit right up.

Elections have consequences.
tell us what that means? I guess some of the tools from the old board didn't get installed here.

If Trump manages to ram a nominee through then it helps Joe Biden immensely
depends who it is. I don't think we will ever see RvW overturned. conservative judges are far more likely to respect precedent than Dems do.

Back
Top Bottom