• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does the current system work? Is the world a good place, or are we just believing it.

NoReligionNoGov

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Untitled.jpg
Run yourself through my little paint art here and place yourself.
Ask yourself, is all the starving children in Africa a ok opposite to us next world humans living the good life?
Is it ok that Justin Bieber and Hannah Montana can pay lobbyist's millions to persuade them in their favor of the ruling.
Is it ok that medicinal companies make trillions off of the hard working and dedicated community that is the whole foundation for making medicine or any other service and product that is needed and created by the population, what gives them the right to decide how much i pay?

IF you do think that all the above mentioned is alright, just go ahead with your everyday rutines as you have done so far, cause you are never anyway (in this above mentioned) gonna have any influence on how the world and human race is gonna end out.

IF you do think that some of the points made are correct, grow yourself some curiousness around theese subjects and you will quickly find that there no logical answers "Compared to what the government and so called experts tell you" But you will find that some logical answers are found in the subjects that no answers are created to. etc could this be: "Why does the government make money off of medicine?" The simple and known answer is "Medicine cost money to produce" Now the logical answer would be that medicine cost money, but then why can individuals create patent on medicinal formulars. There is no logical answer to that. Its simply not known, i can't find anyone answering to that question and it leaves me with two opportunities.
1: I believe they got it all figured out.
2: There is more to it than what i know.

Go ahead and pick again, i will guess that 99% of you dont know the answer so if you put yourself in question 2, then you should start thinking about some of theese things.

And for the closing argument. Money is in this world the most influental single thing, and why does the most influental thing stand to ground for some of our most important values such as healthcare and hunger?
:peace:peace:peace:peace:peace

Re: Does the current system work? Is the world a good place, or are we just believing

There's plenty still wrong with the world, but in most important respects it's better now than it's ever been before, and there's a pretty decent chance it'll be better still in another hundred years.

Re: Does the current system work? Is the world a good place, or are we just believing

But why should we (wait) while millions of people are suffering? Not saying we should execute everyone who is in a bad part of the world but we need to do something now? Ofcourse it's going in the right direction but it what you compare it with?
We are maybe here now:
---------------------------------Human populations evolution and ethics education

But if we could be here, etc without hunger and a free medicine market, why would we not want that then?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Human populations evolution and ethics education

But why should we (wait) while millions of people are suffering? Not saying we should execute everyone who is in a bad part of the world but we need to do something now? Ofcourse it's going in the right direction but it what you compare it with?
We are maybe here now:
---------------------------------Human populations evolution and ethics education

But if we could be here, etc without hunger and a free medicine market, why would we not want that then?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Human populations evolution and ethics education

How old are you?
Where were you born and raised?
Where do you live currently? (no need to be specific, but at least give us a country and maybe closest large city)
What's your native language? (I assume English, or at least American-English isn't it)

Also - why would you appear to be making vast and massive assumptions that fixing the hunger, health, and wealth issues on Planet Earth are just simple problems that require little more than some people just "wishing" it to be fixed?

There have never been more people alive on Earth than there are right now.
For the vast majority, there's never been a safer period in time to be alive than right now.

For sure things are not all buttercups and roses for millions (billions), but making it seem like changing that is easy is a gross over-exaggeration of epic proportions.

Forget health care and money for a moment.

Please explain how simple it would be to adequately feed the 7 billion people living on Earth today.

View attachment 67200329
Ask yourself, is all the starving children in Africa a ok opposite to us next world humans living the good life?
Is it ok that Justin Bieber and Hannah Montana can pay lobbyist's millions to persuade them in their favor of the ruling.
Is it ok that medicinal companies make trillions off of the hard working and dedicated community that is the whole foundation for making medicine or any other service and product that is needed and created by the population, what gives them the right to decide how much i pay?

IF you do think that all the above mentioned is alright, just go ahead with your everyday rutines as you have done so far, cause you are never anyway (in this above mentioned) gonna have any influence on how the world and human race is gonna end out.

IF you do think that some of the points made are correct, grow yourself some curiousness around theese subjects and you will quickly find that there no logical answers "Compared to what the government and so called experts tell you" But you will find that some logical answers are found in the subjects that no answers are created to. etc could this be: "Why does the government make money off of medicine?" The simple and known answer is "Medicine cost money to produce" Now the logical answer would be that medicine cost money, but then why can individuals create patent on medicinal formulars. There is no logical answer to that. Its simply not known, i can't find anyone answering to that question and it leaves me with two opportunities.

Go ahead and pick again, i will guess that 99% of you dont know the answer so if you put yourself in question 2, then you should start thinking about some of theese things.

And for the closing argument. Money is in this world the most influental single thing, and why does the most influental thing stand to ground for some of our most important values such as healthcare and hunger?
:peace:peace:peace:peace:peace

Breaking news: the world isn't a fair place. Million demand their money back. Life says "too late, suckers."

There's plenty still wrong with the world, but in most important respects it's better now than it's ever been before, and there's a pretty decent chance it'll be better still in another hundred years.

Luckily we were born in the right part of the world.

Even more luckily, we were born humans. Humans are an infinitesimal percentage of the creatures on the planet. Consider the insects on land and the krill in the oceans. The odds of being born a human in a first world country is tiny compared to winning the lottery.

Even more luckily, we were born humans. Humans are an infinitesimal percentage of the creatures on the planet. Consider the insects on land and the krill in the oceans. The odds of being born a human in a first world country is tiny compared to winning the lottery.

You mean, we might not be so lucky on the next round?

True, but it's better than it's been in most of the world, even if not as good as it could or should be. The only likely exceptions are current conflict zones and parts of sub-Saharan Africa, and even some of those might have been even worse in the past.

True, but it's better than it's been in most of the world, even if not as good as it could or should be. The only likely exceptions are current conflict zones and parts of sub-Saharan Africa, and even some of those might have been even worse in the past.

I think it depends on whether we take a relative or a real numbers view, though, i did read that the absolute number of deaths by starvation might have stagnated. But the number of people tortured to death has certainly risen.

View attachment 67200329

Translation: If you do not agree with my world point of view you are a nobody and not worthy of listening to and need to rethink it until you agree with what is presented.

Funny thing every time someone comes along and claims they know it all and have it all figured out they are usually the one that turns out to be the most delusional. Those that claim superiority rarely are even above average in any place other than in their own mind.:roll:

How old are you?
Where were you born and raised?
Where do you live currently? (no need to be specific, but at least give us a country and maybe closest large city)
What's your native language? (I assume English, or at least American-English isn't it)

Hello, im 19 years old and i was born and raised in Denmark, the closest big city is Copenhagen and i've learned english in the school. I am not saying that it is simple to feed 7 billion people, but this is why im saying that we are to many. Fewer and better instead of this uncontrolled vast amount of people, would be better. And im not saying, nor wishing, that we "fix" theese hunger and wealth problems.

Also - why would you appear to be making vast and massive assumptions that fixing the hunger, health, and wealth issues on Planet Earth are just simple problems that require little more than some people just "wishing" it to be fixed?

There have never been more people alive on Earth than there are right now.
For the vast majority, there's never been a safer period in time to be alive than right now.

For sure things are not all buttercups and roses for millions (billions), but making it seem like changing that is easy is a gross over-exaggeration of epic proportions.

Forget health care and money for a moment.

Please explain how simple it would be to adequately feed the 7 billion people living on Earth today.

Hello, im 19 years old and i was born and raised in Denmark, the closest big city is Copenhagen and i've learned english in the school. I am not saying that it is simple to feed 7 billion people, but this is why im saying that we are to many. Fewer and better instead of this uncontrolled vast amount of people, would be better. And im not saying, nor wishing, that we "fix" theese hunger and wealth problems.

And secondly Mr. Dragonfly, if you cut down the high taxes "Like here in Denmark where its 46%" you will create a playground for innovations that could quickly answer your prayers according to world hunger, the technological evolution is far that we should only think about keeping that afloat and keep making sure that money atleast doesn't slow down this process.

Thanks for the quick reply everyone, best regards Peter V

I am not saying that this is the only way of doing things #Casper. But unless you have some (better) answers to theese questions than i do, then i suggest you to rethink your ideology, because theese are the most essential world problems. Solves this first and the world will stabilize accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom