• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does society say a straight person can turn gay but a gay person can't turn straight?

And because of that we need to wait until the baby raper does his thing before taking any precautions? Weird behaviors, and that includes cross dressing, need to be looked into ESPECIALLY when looking after children.
Who defines "weird?"

Cutting the foreskin off of a baby is pretty weird, wouldn't you say?

Normally we do wait for people to commit criminal acts, before we investigate them as criminals for those acts. There are some red flags we can pay attention to with regard to pedophiles grooming kids. The thing about pedophiles , is that they don't want to stick out. They prefer to blend in and look inconspicuous. Drag regalia is not normally viewed as a good way to 'blend in'
This Trae Crowder video is 6 years old and in an accent that they can understand. It's less than 2 minutes long.

I heard a stat that more young people are identifying as LGBT. I am getting the feeling that these advocates day that a straight people can turn gay with enough exposure. And then there is the anti conversion therapy guys.

What is the logic here?

Read the Kinsey reports. Homosexuality and heterosexuality are on scales (1-6, I believe). There are people who are strictly homosexual and people that are strictly heterosexual, but many people are somewhere in the middle. Those people, because of the stigma starting to be lifted are free to express their true natures openly. Some of them go one way, some the other, and some both ways.

And, naturally, we end up at the anti-religion place. That seems to be the core of so much left wing ideology. I can't even tell how much of what you lefties say you believe is actually what you believe or if you just keep saying shit because you so much enjoy bashing anyone that believes in God.

No need--your religion is dying out on its own. :)

And, naturally, we end up at the anti-religion place. That seems to be the core of so much left wing ideology. I can't even tell how much of what you lefties say you believe is actually what you believe or if you just keep saying shit because you so much enjoy bashing anyone that believes in God.

To be fair, religion is one of the main driving forces behind bigotry and issues with acceptance that LGBT people like me and many others have gone through.

And, naturally, we end up at the anti-religion place.
Anti-LGBTQ has been a hallmark of Christianity (you're a sinner, opposition to gay marriage, etc.) in the United States since forever. What the **** are you talking about?

Have you considered a less poisonous religion?

It's a fact-free conservative talking point to bolster the claim that some people are grooming kids to be LGBT. They need to be able to claim that someone who is hetero or to a lesser extent CIS can be turned gay or trans by being "groomed" by gay or trans activists, that don't actually exist.

Insanity

Maga is insanity.

I heard a stat that more young people are identifying as LGBT. I am getting the feeling that these advocates day that a straight people can turn gay with enough exposure. And then there is the anti conversion therapy guys.

What is the logic here?
Where did you HEAR your "stat" and why aren't you posting a link, or is it just the media that lives in your head?
By the way, why do three leaf clovers still exist?
After all, based on your logic, the four leaf clovers should have erased all clues of their existence a billion years ago.

And if Chester the Molester decides to claim he's trans, puts on a dress and hangs out at the children's locker room at the Y then we, as a society, just need to live with that because who are we to tell him what gender he should identify as, right?
You think gay people are molesters.

And if Chester the Molester decides to claim he's trans, puts on a dress and hangs out at the children's locker room at the Y then we, as a society, just need to live with that because who are we to tell him what gender he should identify as, right?
This is the conservative go-to fear mongering bullshit they always dredge up when attacking the LGBTQ community. LGBTQ people do not engage in pedophelia at a higher rate than straight people. I'm so tired of this inane argument.

This is the conservative go-to fear mongering bullshit they always dredge up when attacking the LGBTQ community. LGBTQ people do not engage in pedophelia at a higher rate than straight people. I'm so tired of this inane argument.
And if you'd pay attention to what I'm saying instead of reading your own "**** you, righty" attitude into everything then you'd see that I'm not suggesting that gays engage in kiddie sex more than anyone else. Heck, gays are gay because they find same sex people to be attractive, not because they indiscriminately **** anything that comes their way. What I AM saying is that these incredibly stupid "protect the cross dressers" rules upen the door for people that ARE child predators to throw on a dress, PRETEND to be trans, and go into kids locker rooms or restrooms or whatever. On top of that they KNOW that people like you who have jumped 100% on the "**** Jesus and all his followers" bandwagon to support these laws will not only turn a blind eye to that matter but DEFEND it without question.

And if you'd pay attention to what I'm saying instead of reading your own "**** you, righty" attitude into everything then you'd see that I'm not suggesting that gays engage in kiddie sex more than anyone else. Heck, gays are gay because they find same sex people to be attractive, not because they indiscriminately **** anything that comes their way. What I AM saying is that these incredibly stupid "protect the cross dressers" rules upen the door for people that ARE child predators to throw on a dress, PRETEND to be trans, and go into kids locker rooms or restrooms or whatever. On top of that they KNOW that people like you who have jumped 100% on the "**** Jesus and all his followers" bandwagon to support these laws will not only turn a blind eye to that matter but DEFEND it without question.
It's just what I posted disguised like you care. Peddle your sophistry elsewither.

What is the logic here?
I remember growing up and there weren't many left-handed people.

My cousins went to Catholic schools. Nuns would physically smack them on the hand with a ruler if they were to try to use their left hand to write. It was seen as "sinful" or aberrant. And so nuns and other teachers in Catholic schools (and also Catholic parents) would discourage children from using their left hand and therefore, you had fewer left-handed people in the world.

Today...there are more left-handed people. There are even people that don't necessarily have a singular dominant hand.

Is that because more people are being born with a dominant left hand? Or because people aren't being forced to use a non-dominant hand to avoid ridicule and punishment?

What? Nobody is saying that.

Clearly, more people identify openly as LGBT because it's become way more socially acceptable to be so nowadays. Not that straight people are "turning" gay.
I agree with that for the most part, but with Gen Z, it is nearly 40%, which seems high and is way out of line with sexual preference studies. So some of it could just be a trend with that generation. https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-40-...-christians-identify-lgbtq-poll-shows-1641085

This sounds to me like playing the victim.

the door for people that ARE child predators to throw on a dress, PRETEND to be trans, and go into kids locker rooms or restrooms or whatever
They can already do that. Trans are already using their chosen gender bathrooms.
Child predators who are male can already enter men's bathrooms, where there may be male children...and if the church is any indication guys already hurt male children.

Where's your evidence this is happening as a result of trans acceptance?
Unisex bathrooms are also a thing. They have closed stall doors, like most bathrooms.
Is this a huge issue? Maybe you should promote the banning of bathrooms. Should we ban churches given their history of child abuse?

Your posts are so ridiculous these last years.

Straight cant turn gay and gay cant turn straight. Duh.

What is the logic here?
I wouldn't really pay much attention to these statistics.

There are lies there are damned lies and then there are statistics.

The increase has to do with new classifications, not people turning gay. If a boy is heterosexual dates girls, plans to be married to one in the future but wears women's underwear he can claim to be part of the LGBT. They aren't turning gay it's just really cool right now to say you're some sort of LGBTQQAIP+ identity. When I was in high school it was really cool to wear black clothes and have long hair. This will just be something to embarrass them when they are 35.

I'm a committed Christian who also happens to be gay.

What is the logic here?
People don’t really ‘become’ gay. They just feel more comfortable in today’s climate admitting it. People are attracted to who they are and some realise they were gay or bi or trans sooner than others. Many used to have trouble admitting it even to themselves. Nowadays it’s not such a deep closet to come out of so more people are fronting up.

I'm a committed Christian who also happens to be gay.
Congratulations. The person I replied to had just posted a picture of the pope with the implication that he was a cross dresser. Can you not understand how that comes across as being anti-religious?

Congratulations. The person I replied to had just posted a picture of the pope with the implication that he was a cross dresser. Can you not understand how that comes across as being anti-religious?

No, I didn't imply that Pope Benedict was a cross-dresser. It was satire.
Is there something morally wrong with being a cross-dresser, gay, or trans? Do you have a problem with the Vatican defending pedophiles?

This Trae Crowder video is 6 years old and in an accent that they can understand. It's less than 2 minutes long.

I think he's misunderstanding and a lot of people do on this subject. It's not that easy transgender people with a less kids that's kind of a red herring.

It's that men going into the women's restroom being normalized well open up a way for such people to have access to girls and women. Is you would feel comfortable saying hey you can't go in there you're not a woman.

To tear down that standard because a very rare occasion a transgender might be offended is absurd.

Generally speaking if you look enough like a lady people are even going to notice. But I don't have to look like a lady and I'll have to shave my beard I could be by six and a half foot tall self March right in there it's it's perfectly okay because I identify as a woman.

That's an issue and people have used it to sexually assault people in private spaces.

Back
Top Bottom