• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does political name calling work?

Roger Duke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
If Joe Biden was concerned that the Squad might accuse him of racism, homophobia, xenophobia and/or sexism, would it sway decisions he might make?
If a moderate Republican politician was having his or her patriotism questioned from a far-right Republican, could that have a similiar effect?
Folks here on the forums never seem swayed by name calling but I would suspect it would be different for public figures. Having people you don't know on the internet accuse you of being evil every day is different than having famous people on TV do it.

Last edited:
I like to call the huckster formerly known as King Puckerhead very presidential names. People say to me "Helix, your names for the mango mistake are the best names. You should call Punkinhead names for a living." Maybe i will.

If you want my vote, name calling is a sure way to lose it. Personally, I laugh at name callers.

A clever turn of words can be different, but straight up name calling indicates immaturity.

Trump lost so how did it work? His rudeness is why a lot of moderates who supported his policies turned against him.
He won the first time. The Right loved it and repeated his insults every chance they could. If he had been a statesman instead of a bully from the start, he never would have achieved the successes he did.

He won the first time. The Right loved it and repeated his insults every chance they could. If he had been a statesman instead of a bully from the start, he never would have achieved the successes he did.
Trump won because of name calling but then lost because of name calling?.
Maybe we are both right. He just overdid it in 4 years,

Last edited:
Trumpist tries to complain about "name-calling"?

:ROFLMAO:

They'll shit on your doorstep every day for years, then cry victim about the state of decorum. "Absurd" doesn't cover it...

Trump won because of name calling but then lost because of name calling?
He lost because he was a shit president. More people would rather have Hiden' Biden. Sure is embarrassing to be beat by Sleepy Joe.

Trumpist tries to complain about "name-calling"?
You do this all the time which is why your credibility as a serious debater is non existent. You never even read posts but still make comments.
I'd ask you to answer the OP question but that would involve reading it and I can't expect that much effort from you.

He lost because he was a shit president. More people would rather have Hiden' Biden. Sure is embarrassing to be beat by Sleepy Joe.
Back to the subject. Do you think Joe worries about being called names by members of his own party?

Unlike his predessor he tunes out the noise and focuses on the job. He's all growed up.
I don't think there are many people who would agree with you. Joe might be struggling cognitively but he still gets the system. You can survive an accusation or two but a long term assault of accusations of racism and sexism by multiple members of your own party is a political death sentence for any politician, especially a Democrat. Joe is exceptionally vulnerable because of his race and sex. He understands the rules of the game.

Back to the subject. Do you think Joe worries about being called names by members of his own party?
I'm under the impression that Biden truly doesn't give a shit about anyone's name calling - right or left. I think he already knows in his heart that he isn't planning on running again, so unlike with most politicians, there can be no long term negative effect. He just wants to accomplish what he thinks is best for the country, no matter the opinions of either side of aisle.

Having people you don't know on the internet accuse you of being evil every day is different than having famous people on TV do it.
Correct!

When all the usual Dem suspects started whining about the border agents "whipping" those undocumented immigrants, the frail gentleman in the Oval Office immediately became a tough guy and promised that those mean agents would be punished.

Trump won because of name calling but then lost because of name calling?.
Maybe we are both right. He just overdid it in 4 years,

I'll second this. Plenty of people loved Trump's childishness and name calling in 2016 ("yeah, stick it to the libs/media/political correctness/establishment! He talks like I think!") but by 2020 there were more people turned off/exhausted watching a seventy something toddler throw a Twitter tantrum every day for four years.

Correct!

When all the usual Dem suspects started whining about the border agents "whipping" those undocumented immigrants, the frail gentleman in the Oval Office immediately became a tough guy and promised that those mean agents would be punished.
My point exactly. He knew if he did not turn the innocent white men on the horses into villains he could be labeled a xenophobe and racist. Since he fears name calling all the way down to his political core, he will throw anybody under the bus to avoid it.....even law and order officers who protect the US Constitution.

I'm under the impression that Biden truly doesn't give a shit about anyone's name calling - right or left. I think he already knows in his heart that he isn't planning on running again, so unlike with most politicians, there can be no long term negative effect. He just wants to accomplish what he thinks is best for the country, no matter the opinions of either side of aisle.
I disagree. Joe is a team player and will do almost anything his handlers tell him to do that they determine is best for the party. His handlers are further to the left than Joe would like but he knows they hold the 25th Amendment over his head so he cooperates. It is a delicate dance but is working for now.,

I disagree. Joe is a team player and will do almost anything his handlers tell him to do that they determine is best for the party. His handlers are further to the left than Joe would like but he knows they hold the 25th Amendment over his head so he cooperates. It is a delicate dance but is working for now.,
Joe has no handlers.

You guys really crack me up with the senile Joe/handlers mantra. Are you so far gone in your fantasy world that you don't think some world leader, Republican politician or reporter who interacts with him wouldn't have said something by now? So far as I can figure out your theories are built on sound bites taken out of context and of course what Fox et al tells you think......sorta like the big lie. You guys are do easily led Biden is no where near senile or " handled" not by a long shot.... but he is a lousy scripted speaker.

Trump did loose but the independents now have a 37% approval rating of Biden, I think they call that buyer's remorse. 1 term Joe.

You guys really Crack me up with the senile Joe/handlers mantra. Are you so far gone in your fantasy world that you don't think some world leader, Republican politician or reporter who interacts with him wouldn't have said something by now? So far as I can figure out your theories are built on sound bites taken out of context and of course what Fox et al tells you think......sorta like the big lie. You guys are do easily led zBiden us mow where near senile or " handled"...... but ye us a lousy sctipted speaker
Woops, sorry. I'll call his handlers "advisors" from now on. I'll even be generous and drop the quotation parks. Nobody ever said I couldn't be politically correct on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom