• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does peace have limits?

peace13

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
War has nothing good for the people. It destroys civilizations and ruins the children and the adult equally. The wounds of nuclear radiations of the World War II have not yet healed. The life of children, our next generations, have been made miserable. Due to destruction of schools, children leave the education and pick up the weapon to fight war.

War has no limits. It knows no boundaries. Once the war starts, it takes its own course. It is easy to start a war but very difficult to stop it. Just see the Iraqis dying in thousands, despite the fact that US started this war to curb terrorism and to promote peace. But after seven years of war, peace is still illusive.

The question arises: Does the peace have limits? Is the war limitless? If the wars go on unabated in every nook and corner of the world, then should the people stop thinking about peace and take the war as order of the day?

Light of Peace: Peace has Limits, but War has no Limits, no Boundries- A Japanese perception of War and Peace.

The wounds of nuclear radiations of the World War II have not yet healed.
Guess you shouldn't have started a war you couldn't win. :shrug:

Peace13 didn't start any war - that I'm aware of.
Oh - you mean nation and country.
It's not like Europeans can hop into their Delorean time machine and hit 88 and flash to the past - fix all the problems - and right the wrongs.

It doesn't work that way.

Nor are the following generations *responsible* for what their ancestors did. The only thing that anyone has control over is their action - the present - to a limited degree.

I simply have very, very little sympathy for Japanese who complain about being nuked in light of the myriad of atrocities committed by the Imperial Army that dwarf what we did at Hiroshima and Nagasaki in both death count and cruelty.

I simply have very, very little sympathy for Japanese who complain about being nuked in light of the myriad of atrocities committed by the Imperial Army that dwarf what we did at Hiroshima and Nagasaki in both death count and cruelty.
I am not from Japan neither any of its neighbouring place, but being a human being I care for the human rights. It was a fault of thier some army commanders to start the war and who suffered, the children, ladies and oldies? And they are suffering till now. For all of us its very easy to say that Japan Was NUKED, but I think its very difficult to bare it. And I think we should have open hearts for all of them as only some of thier ancestors have commited wrong things and sufferers are the children taking births even now. The slogans of peace raised by Japan all over the World are a symbol of their declaration thay they do not want any kind of conflict in future.

I am not from Japan neither any of its neighbouring place, but being a human being I care for the human rights. It was a fault of thier some army commanders to start the war and who suffered, the children, ladies and oldies? And they are suffering till now. For all of us its very easy to say that Japan Was NUKED, but I think its very difficult to bare it. And I think we should have open hearts for all of them as only some of thier ancestors have commited wrong things and sufferers are the children taking births even now. The slogans of peace raised by Japan all over the World are a symbol of their declaration thay they do not want any kind of conflict in future.

After Hiroshima and Nagasaki the United States did not continue to wage war, that was the end. We didn't level Tokyo or demand exorbitant reparations. The fact is, the Japan of the 30s and early 40s was an aggressive, expansionistic, and brutal nation that violated human rights and dignity of the people they defeated, and they needed to be stopped. After Japan surrendered, the US contributed to transforming Japan into the prosperous, stable, and peaceful nation it is today. Both Japan and the US are better for it.

The question arises: Does the peace have limits? Is the war limitless? If the wars go on unabated in every nook and corner of the world, then should the people stop thinking about peace and take the war as order of the day?

War has natural limits. It ends when one side or the other is no longer capable of fighting, or when both sides tire of it.

There is no peace. There is only the brief and fragile respite from unending war-- which most nations recognize is best used in preparation for the next war.

So do you have an open heart for the victims of Unit 731?
Do you have an open heart for the victims of the Rape of Nanjing?
Do you have an open heart for the Korean comfort women?
Do you have an open heart for the victims of the Bataan Death March?
Do you have an open heart for the victims of the Burma Railway?

The slogans of peace raised by Japan all over the World are a symbol of their declaration thay they do not want any kind of conflict in future.

Too bad they didn't have such a declaration before they occupied Nanking.

After Hiroshima and Nagasaki the United States did not continue to wage war, that was the end. We didn't level Tokyo or demand exorbitant reparations. The fact is, the Japan of the 30s and early 40s was an aggressive, expansionistic, and brutal nation that violated human rights and dignity of the people they defeated, and they needed to be stopped. After Japan surrendered, the US contributed to transforming Japan into the prosperous, stable, and peaceful nation it is today. Both Japan and the US are better for it.

It might be an idea that you should determine why Japan decided that a war with the US was the only answer to Japan's dilemma.
I do not condone Japan starting or continuing to use bestiality towards it's captive slaves or opponents.
Nor do i condemn the US for using Nuclear weapons to finally halt the war, certainly it in all probability saved many hundreds of thousands of lives.
And yes you are quite correct that post war Japan has emerged into being a civilized nation.

Back
Top Bottom