• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Our DP Military Vets Believe in a Peaceful Transfer of Power?

Do you believe in a [peaceful transfer of power?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No. But that isn't when power is transferred. Power was transferred normally in January of 2020.
No is the correct answer. Thanks for that.

Would you consider starting with the presidential election until inauguration day being a process of the transfer of power?

No is the correct answer. Thanks for that.

Would you consider starting with the presidential election until inauguration day being a process of the transfer of power?
I would say the election cycle is a process. The transfer of power is an event that takes place on January 21 every 4 years.

I think you miss the fact that there are always two opposing facts in American politics. You can see them in every thread. Sometimes what people call facts are really opinions. Sometimes the debate is not about facts but about how one interprets the facts. It is what it is.
There's your problem, you think facts are subjective. They are not.

There are NEVER two sets of facts, only one.

There are lots of opinions but only one set of facts.

Sheesh.

I would say the election cycle is a process.
Yes

The transfer of power is an event that takes place on January 21 every 4 years.
You're missing the point that once a candidate becomes the president elect, the sitting Admin sometimes contest the results in court and when it' clear that the court agrees with the final result of the election, then the states confirm their electoral vote count in early December. Once all states have done this, the transfer of power process is in motion - set in stone awaiting the ceremony by the sitting VP to lock down the state's decisions Jan 6. For a sitting president to scream election fraud even before the election based on pure bs, then on election day scream election fraud louder and still based on bs, then to call for the gathering of his angry supporters on Jan 6 at the Capitol where the president gins up his angry mob to march on the Capitol (and knowing that they are armed) to stop his VP inside the Capitol from certifying the next president of the US - this is NOT a peaceful transfer of power. The assault was violent like never before seen. People died and many were injured.

I can agree to the fact that if no 1/6 Capitol assault took place and Joe Biden was sworn into office on Jan 20, 2021 - that part would be the completed part of a peaceful transfer of power. Or, if Joe Biden was shot on that day, Jan 20, 2021, that would be considered Not a peaceful transfer of power. That's all based on no 1/6 Capitol assault taking place.

However, what was taking place inside the Capitol on 1/6/21 was a process for a peaceful transfer of power UNTIL the Capitol assault began. The transfer of power process was interrupted by violence and further threats of violence inside the Capitol in an attempt to commit a coup. That act was not a peaceful transfer of power.

Last edited:
Yes

You're missing the point that once a candidate becomes the president elect, the sitting Admin sometimes contest the results in court and when it' clear that the court agrees with the final result of the election, then the states confirm their electoral vote count in early December. Once all states have done this, the transfer of power process is in motion - set in stone awaiting the ceremony by the sitting VP to lock down the state's decisions Jan 6. For a sitting president to scream election fraud even before the election based on pure bs, then on election day scream election fraud louder and still based on bs, then to call for the gathering of his angry supporters on Jan 6 at the Capitol where the president gins up his angry mob to march on the Capitol (and knowing that they are armed) to stop his VP inside the Capitol from certifying the next president of the US - this is NOT a peaceful transfer of power. The assault was violent like never before seen. People died and many were injured.

I can agree to the fact that if no 1/6 Capitol assault took place and Joe Biden was sworn into office on Jan 20, 2021 - that part would be the completed part of a peaceful transfer of power. Or, if Joe Biden was shot on that day, Jan 20, 2021, that would be considered Not a peaceful transfer of power. That's all based on no 1/6 Capitol assault taking place.

However, what was taking place inside the Capitol on 1/6/21 was a process for a peaceful transfer of power UNTIL the Capitol assault began. The transfer of power process was interrupted by violence and further threats of violence inside the Capitol in an attempt to commit a coup. That act was not a peaceful transfer of power.
So we disagree.

There's your problem, you think facts are subjective. They are not.

There are NEVER two sets of facts, only one.

There are lots of opinions but only one set of facts.

Sheesh.
And yet you read two opposing facts in every thread. Amazing. Sheesh.

And yet you read two opposing facts in every thread. Amazing. Sheesh.
No I do not.

I read different opinions.

It really seems you have lost the ability to distinguish between fact and opinion.

There are not your facts and my facts, right facts and left facts, there are just THE FACTS.

I think you miss the fact that there are always two opposing facts in American politics. You can see them in every thread. Sometimes what people call facts are really opinions. Sometimes the debate is not about facts but about how one interprets the facts. It is what it is.
Ouch.

Back
Top Bottom