• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Our DP Military Vets Believe in a Peaceful Transfer of Power?

Do you believe in a [peaceful transfer of power?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm still active duty, and voted "yes" but did say that I couldn't speak for everyone serving.
Respect

I think what happened on the 6th was horrible and did a lot of damage, but I think it was a spontaneous event and that most of the people involved are being held accountable by the FBI.
It's good that you do find that 1/6/21 was a horrible day, but as intelligent that I find you to appear to be, it truly blows me away that you are unable to look any further at the others in political office or with attorney abilities that not only doesn't match up with your narrow vision about those who very likely had a part/role with the inciting, and, or planning of that tragic and highly disgraceful event. I can agree that there were some spontaneous reactions by those who proceeded to join in with the criminal acts at the Capitol, but there certainly is very strong evidence of a planned assault. An event that many on the Right were hoping to pull off what that assault was intended for.

So you don't care that for the first time in American History we didn't have a peaceful transfer of power?
The transfer of power was peaceful. Only the riot was not peaceful.

Is that sarcasm?

You are confusing inauguration day with "the transfer of power".

The transfer of power begins shortly after the election is over, includes the certification of the electoral votes (which was marred by violence) and extensive cooperation between the outgoing admin and the incoming admin so that they can hit the ground running. (Which your petty little president wouldn't participate in).

For the first time in all of American History we DID NOT have a peaceful transfer of power.

Trump will go down as the single worst president in American History.

Any one who supported Trump owes America an apology.

Last edited:
Is that sarcasm?

You are confusing inauguration day with "the transfer of power".
No confusion. That is when we transfer power.

No confusion. That is when we transfer power.
The transfer of power is a process.

The transfer of power begins shortly after the election is over, includes the certification of the electoral votes (which was marred by violence) and includes extensive cooperation between the outgoing admin and the incoming admin so that they can hit the ground running. (Which your petty little president wouldn't participate in), and ends with the inauguration.

For the first time in all of American History we DID NOT have a peaceful transfer of power.

Any one who supported Trump owes America an apology.

See Post 356.
I don't care about post 356. Prior to inauguration the prior president holds presidential powers. After inauguration the new president holds them. It isn't any other way.

I don't care about post 356. Prior to inauguration the prior president holds presidential powers. After inauguration the new president holds them. It isn't any other way.
The transfer of power is a process. Not a one day event.

The transfer of power begins shortly after the election is over, includes the certification of the electoral votes (which was marred by violence) and includes extensive cooperation between the outgoing admin and the incoming admin so that they can hit the ground running. (Which your petty little president wouldn't participate in), and ends with the inauguration.

Any one who supported Trump owes America an apology

The transfer of power is a process. Not a one day event.

Any one who supported Trump owes America an apology
So we disagree. I think we disagree 100% of the time. Good consistency.

So we disagree. I think we disagree 100% of the time. Good consistency.
The facts aren't on your side. The facts don't care if you agree or not, they are still the facts.

The transfer of power is a process not a day.

You are simply factually wrong.

Interruption of the transfer of power did happen. Due to the insurrectionists.
No transfer of power had occurred yet on Jan 6. Trump was still president. What confuses you?

- because Gen M Flynn doesn't want Americans to know - pleads the 5th. It's rather an easy patriotic question to answer. Myself, YES, I believe in a peaceful transfer of power.

Step up and give us an answer. I'm truly curious exactly how military vets on this hill feels.
Yes....and Flynn needs to be recalled to active duty and court martialed.

No transfer of power had occurred yet on Jan 6. Trump was still president. What confuses you?

Your inability to understand the transfer of power is a process that starts with the election and ends at the swearing in.

A process the insurrection interrupted thereby interrupting the peaceful transfer of power.

January 6th, certifying the electoral college, is part of the transfer of power, which is why Trumpbwas so interested in disrupting it.

What confuses you?

The transfer of power is a process not a one day event.

You should take an American civics class.

At what point when the Secret Service and Capitol Police were protecting the VP and all the Congress Critters at the Capitol from bodily harm, in which many Capitol Police were injured, does 'peaceful' cease to exist and 'not peaceful' kicked in that interrupted the transfer of power?

At what point when the Secret Service and Capitol Police were protecting the VP and all the Congress Critters at the Capitol from bodily harm, in which many Capitol Police were injured, does 'peaceful' cease to exist and 'not peaceful' kicked in that interrupted the transfer of power?
I never said it was peaceful. The riot was not when the transfer of power occurs. That happens on inauguration day. It has always been so.

Your inability to understand the transfer of power is a process that starts with the election and ends at the swearing in.

A process the insurrection interrupted thereby interrupting the peaceful transfer of power.
As usual we disagree.

The facts aren't on your side. The facts don't care if you agree or not, they are still the facts.

The transfer of power is a process not a day.

You are simply factually wrong.
I think you miss the fact that there are always two opposing facts in American politics. You can see them in every thread. Sometimes what people call facts are really opinions. Sometimes the debate is not about facts but about how one interprets the facts. It is what it is.

The riot was not when the transfer of power occurs. That happens on inauguration day. It has always been so.
Try this on. Can an inauguration still take place if there isn't a certification of the electoral vote count by the sitting VP that officially sets in stone our nation's president to be two weeks later? Yes or no.

Try this on. Can an inauguration still take place if there isn't a certification of the electoral vote count by the sitting VP that officially sets in stone our nation's president to be two weeks later? Yes or no.
No. But that isn't when power is transferred. Power was transferred normally in January of 2020.

Back
Top Bottom