• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Our DP Military Vets Believe in a Peaceful Transfer of Power?

Do you believe in a [peaceful transfer of power?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Again, number plse thx of your post that says you support the peaceful transfer of power in Washington and throughout the 50 states and their sub jurisdictions.

I don't know you as one who pulls punches on what it is he supports.

I do know you as a poster who attacks -- often unrelentingly -- posters with whom he disagrees or opposes.
^----*boop*beep*boop*engage moronic progressive algorithmic post*beep*boop*boop*

Ah...so you overlooked the attempt to not certify the votes or have faithless electors, eh?
Yes, I overlooked those by addressing them directly, which you ignored, because you are trolling.

This is what you MAGAs have to resort to to defend Trump and the GOP. Bad faith dishonesty... SAD!!

I know that's what you want to believe, as well as everyone else. You're going to need evidence of coordination and that doesn't exist, because there wasn't anything. If you're going to point at his rhetoric, then the Dems been doing this multiple times for a while.

Here is one of the Jan 6 committee members.

Rep. Jaime Raskin, who will serve as the head impeachment manager for the Democrats' second attempt to remove President Trump from office, also attempted to challenge the count during the Electoral College vote certification in January 2017. Raskin argued that due to a legal technicality, Florida's slate of electors should be set aside.

Here is the Jan 6 committee chair.

Thompson was a member of the House on Jan. 6, 2005, when a joint session of Congress met to formally count the electoral votes from the 2004 presidential race, in which the incumbent, George W. Bush, defeated his Democratic challenger, Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

This is the same task that would be undertaken 16 years later to the day, when supporters of then-President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol and disrupted the certification of the election — the event that prompted the House select committee’s hearing.

The 2005 election was close; a shift of 118,601 votes in Ohio from Bush to Kerry would have flipped the state to Kerry and enabled the Democrat to win the Electoral College.

A Democratic House member from Ohio, Stephanie Tubbs Jones, offered an objection during the counting of the electoral vote. She was joined in the objection by a member of the Senate, Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., which is enough to trigger a formal vote by each chamber on whether the electoral votes in question were valid. This was the last time an objection vote was held prior to 2021.
All of that is troublesome - however, none of which ended up in an assault on our Capitol in an attempt to obstruct the peaceful transfer of power.

I'm not saying Trump isn't terrible and that he didn't significantly contribute to the division in our country, but what ya'll are hoping for isn't there. He shouldn't be the President again.
That deserves a positive observation about you.

Forgive me for not knowing or remembering if you have related to me your military status in the past. Are you a military vet? I assumed that you did vote in the poll provided in the op, in which I also thought that you told those of us here in this thread that you voted yes. Is that an affirmative? Only asking to confirm my curiosity and not for bashing you about your answer.

Didn't our court system have something to say about that? - like 60 times or so ....
Actually, no court has said anything about election fraud.

Wrong.

No court has even looked at any evidence.
You know why, don't you?
It's because they are co-conspirators - perhaps even pod-people placed in key positions by the Aliens.

PS: I started a thread in CT for discussion on that topic. I did that so serious discussion elsewhere might proceed unfettered by nonsense.

Last edited:
You know why, don't you?
It's because they are co-conspirators - perhaps even pod-people placed in key positions by the Aliens.

PS: I started a thread in CT for discussion on that topic. I did that so serious discussion elsewhere might proceed unfettered by nonsense.
And yet, YOU are the one who spouts off with snark and sarc.

What were you saying about "unfettered by nonsense"?

Look in the mirror, dude.

And yet, YOU are the one who spouts off with snark and sarc.

What were you saying about "unfettered by nonsense"?

Look in the mirror, dude.
Pardons if you felt that way - not my intent. I was only trying to direct you to a more appropriate venue.

Pardons if you felt that way - not my intent. I was only trying to direct you to a more appropriate venue.
shrug...

I don't need direction. I'll express my opinions anywhere I want to.

Keep you snark and sarc to yourself. (Or don't.)

All of that is troublesome - however, none of which ended up in an assault on our Capitol in an attempt to obstruct the peaceful transfer of power.
Different times. Before we wouldn't have seen broad support among many for a summer of riots and destruction. Also over 200 people were arrested on inauguration day in 2016. People routinely assaulted and attacked Trump rallies during the elections. They had to cancel the Chicago rally because it was so dangerous. They tried to intimidate Supreme Court Justices to influence their decision. All these things have happened over and over and over again by the left.

That deserves a positive observation about you.

Forgive me for not knowing or remembering if you have related to me your military status in the past. Are you a military vet? I assumed that you did vote in the poll provided in the op, in which I also thought that you told those of us here in this thread that you voted yes. Is that an affirmative? Only asking to confirm my curiosity and not for bashing you about your answer.
I'm still active duty, and voted "yes" but did say that I couldn't speak for everyone serving. I think what happened on the 6th was horrible and did a lot of damage, but I think it was a spontaneous event and that most of the people involved are being held accountable by the FBI. To clarify that this isn't a position of convenience recently taken. This thread is from Jan 7.

That does not mean I don't think political actors are exaggerating and dragging this out as much as possible for political gain. Both things can exist without contradiction.

The only lack of a peaceful transfer of power I know of in the past several yeas is when the outgoing president Obama set up spying and FBI entrapmententrapment on the incoming President elect. That was a very clear coup attempt.

The only lack of a peaceful transfer of power I know of in the past several yeas is when the outgoing president Obama set up spying and FBI entrapmententrapment on the incoming President elect. That was a very clear coup attempt.

there is no evidence to support Trump’s tweets accusing Obama of illegally wiretapping his phones. That was the case in March, and it remains so. However, we will continue to monitor developments and provide updates when necessary.

Under Trump, the U.S. Justice Department is reviewing a probe that found foreign interference in the 2016 election he won. He previously accused Obama of spying on his campaign but not treason.

“(William) Barr is doing a great job as attorney general, let’s see what they come up with,” he said.
Barr has said he does not expect Obama or Biden to be charged.

Last edited:
Different times. Before we wouldn't have seen broad support among many for a summer of riots and destruction. Also over 200 people were arrested on inauguration day in 2016. People routinely assaulted and attacked Trump rallies during the elections. They had to cancel the Chicago rally because it was so dangerous. They tried to intimidate Supreme Court Justices to influence their decision. All these things have happened over and over and over again by the left.

We are talking about the peaceful transition of the government that was interrupted by the 1/6 insurrection.

And you bring up the summer riots which have nothing to do with the 1/6 insurrection.

Why?

We are talking about the peaceful transition of the government that was interrupted by the 1/6 insurrection.

And you bring up the summer riots which have nothing to do with the 1/6 insurrection.

Why?
Try really hard to understand the subject and you might come up with an answer, because your question is ****ing dumb.

Try really hard not to be an ass and answer the question.
Your question is invalid because your entire assertion is a strawman fallacy.

Runaway, run, run, run, Runaway.......
Lol...when you have to make shit up to argue against it ain't me running away. You can choose to fix your mistake or not.

Back
Top Bottom