• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Obama's Troubled Childhood Explain His Bathroom Weirdness?

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Medically and scientifically, the credibility of children's beliefs about their own sexuality has no foundation in evidence. Sexual development has been studied in psychiatry and psychology since the 19th century, usually by way of case histories. But our truly reliable evidence is near zero. Any nationwide policy affecting the psychosexual development of children is therefore absurd and irresponsible on its face. Nobody knows for sure, because there is no scientific standard for sexual identity. Some studies of so-called "sex change" surgery show high failure rates. Until recently, no medical doctor would have authorized any unproven treatment for an underage individual. The Obama edict therefore has no medical or scientific basis, to say the least.

Articles: Does Obama's Troubled Childhood Explain His Bathroom Weirdness?

On the topic of Obama's strange focus on gender identity, take the piece for what it's worth given it's speculation on motivation.
But there really is no question that, regarding his personal ideology, Barack Obama's background certainly does seem to have molded his current thinking, soooooo ...

yea
that explains it

Some studies of so-called "sex change" surgery show high failure rates.

I'm curious as to what the OP's article implies regarding "high fail rates" for sex change operations. As far as I know, the surgeons generally successfully perform the operation and the individuals who recieve the operation generally live a happier life.

On the topic of Obama's strange focus on gender identity, take the piece for what it's worth given it's speculation on motivation.
But there really is no question that, regarding his personal ideology, Barack Obama's background certainly does seem to have molded his current thinking, soooooo ...

yea
that explains it
What a B.S. hit piece!

The only way one can get a person that portrays themselves as a patriotic American to denigrate the highest & most symbolic office in the land, is by de-legitimizing the individual in office thereby giving the "patriotic" individual a permission slip to slander the sitting office-holder.

And that's how we get partisan so-called "opinion" pieces like this ...

What a B.S. hit piece!

The only way one can get a person that portrays themselves as a patriotic American to denigrate the highest & most symbolic office in the land, is by de-legitimizing the individual in office thereby giving the "patriotic" individual a permission slip to slander the sitting office-holder.

It's the 'American Thinker', for heavens sake. It's one of these places online that is a total misnomer.

I'm curious as to what the OP's article implies regarding "high fail rates" for sex change operations. As far as I know, the surgeons generally successfully perform the operation and the individuals who recieve the operation generally live a happier life.

I was wondering about that myself so I checked.

Regarding the outcome of reassignment surgery Dr. Charles Ihlenfeld said, "80% should not do it" and for the remaining 20%, he says it will not be a lifelong solution but rather a temporary "reprieve." In other words, do not expect long term success.

Regret, unhappiness and suicides, even after surgery--studies says many remain traumatized - Sex Change Info

What a B.S. hit piece!

Yeah, it was definitely speculative and weak on suggesting the gender thing was a reaction to his personal experiences.
But Obama's formative early and later life influences are what they are and they're documented.
So when you think about it, all his contemporary actions could easily be the result of those influences.
Aren't everyone's?

This may be one of the worst hit piece articles I've seen in sometime, entirely devoid of anything worth discussing other than saying this is the **** as to why this nation is freaking out over where a transgender goes to the bathroom.

Yeah, it was definitely speculative and weak on suggesting the gender thing was a reaction to his personal experiences.
But Obama's formative early and later life influences are what they are and they're documented.
So when you think about it, all his contemporary actions could easily be the result of those influences.
Aren't everyone's?
Of course, to varying extent.

But the author seems to be de-legitimizing the President by implying he has emotional/psychological issues, without coming forth with a more pragmatic, rational, or likely cause of the President's actions - such as:

Dems are more socially liberal in relation to the more conservative Rebubs, so supporting liberal social causes will increase Dem turnout in an election year.

That in italics seems to me to be a more likely and rational explanation for Obama's actions, rather than claiming the President is the victim of child abuse (and ostensibly suffers and governs as such today).

I stand by my premise that Obama is being de-legitimized by many of his opponents and critics, whether through 'birthers' or pieces like this. One third of the GOP do not believe Obama's an American citizen; it's working! [and they subsequently voted the chief birther proponent as their presidential nominee!]

Last edited:

Ironically, I just read yesterday that Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner stated that he's not as happy as a woman as he expected to be and is thinking about reversing his decision! Honestly, the man has more money than good sense, IMO, and needs more than a sex change to solve his mental problems. I wish him luck, since he has exhausted his physical options on what to be next! :screwy:

Ironically, I just read yesterday that Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner stated that he's not as happy as a woman as he expected to be and is thinking about reversing his decision! Honestly, the man has more money than good sense, IMO, and needs more than a sex change to solve his mental problems. I wish him luck, since he has exhausted his physical options on what to be next! :screwy:

He married into the Kardashin clan, what more needs to be said?

On the other hand, there has been a persistent false rumor going around that she made that statement.

Of course, to varying extent.

But the author seems to be de-legitimizing the President by implying he has emotional/psychological issues, without coming forth with a more pragmatic, rational, or likely cause of the President's actions - such as:

Dems are more socially liberal in relation to the more conservative Rebubs, so supporting liberal social causes will increase Dem turnout in an election year.

That in italics seems to me to be a more likely and rational explanation for Obama's actions, rather than claiming the President is the victim of child abuse (and ostensibly suffers and governs as such today).

I stand by my premise that Obama is being de-legitimized by many of his opponents and critics, whether through 'birthers' or pieces like this. One third of the GOP do not believe Obama's an American citizen; it's working! [and they subsequently voted the chief birther proponent as their presidential nominee!]

I agree totally.
The writer could have easily just written that Obama's ideology is responsible for him plunging himself into transgender waters.
But then ... if he wrote that would fewer people have read it?
I know since that's already obvious to me there'd be one less right there.

I will see your blog and raise you a metastudy, actual research: Hormonal therapy and sex reassignment: a systematic review and meta-analysis of quality of life and psychosocial outcomes - Murad - 2009 - Clinical Endocrinology - Wiley Online Library

We identified 28 eligible studies. These studies enrolled 1833 participants with GID (1093 male-to-female, 801 female-to-male) who underwent sex reassignment that included hormonal therapies. All the studies were observational and most lacked controls. Pooling across studies shows that after sex reassignment, 80% of individuals with GID reported significant improvement in gender dysphoria (95% CI = 68–89%; 8 studies; I2 = 82%); 78% reported significant improvement in psychological symptoms (95% CI = 56–94%; 7 studies; I2 = 86%); 80% reported significant improvement in quality of life (95% CI = 72–88%; 16 studies; I2 = 78%); and 72% reported significant improvement in sexual function (95% CI = 60–81%; 15 studies; I2 = 78%).

And going back to the blog you used:

After gender reassignment, there's still a large number of people who had the surgery but remain traumatized - often to the point of committing suicide.

Notice the wording. The people still traumatized, where traumatized prior to surgery. No one is going to claim it is 100 % effective, only that it increases the chance of a god life.

I will see your blog and raise you a metastudy, actual research: Hormonal therapy and sex reassignment: a systematic review and meta-analysis of quality of life and psychosocial outcomes - Murad - 2009 - Clinical Endocrinology - Wiley Online Library

And going back to the blog you used:

Notice the wording. The people still traumatized, where traumatized prior to surgery. No one is going to claim it is 100 % effective, only that it increases the chance of a god life.

"All the studies were observational and most lacked controls."

Back
Top Bottom