• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Obama's Support Of ISIS Suggest He Is A Muslim After All?

Is Obama supporting terrorists because he's a Muslim?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where did you get this 'Obama is funding and training ISIS' nonsense?

The US, CIA, has been funding, training, and arming Islamic Fundamentalists in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and Jordan. The gov't keeps referring to them as "moderate rebels" like you would refer to Jeffery Dahmer as a "moderate social radical" don't ya' know? The US just ended a $500 million aid program that may have trained as many as 60 Islamic Fundamentalists and when inserted into Syria immediately turned themselves and their arms over to al Qeda. Prior to that the CIA funneled arms from Libyan Fundamentalists that we supported to Turkey and then on to Islamic Fundamentalists. Once more the Islamic Fundamentalists turned out to be al Qeda or ISIS. ISIL, ISIS, al Qeda, "moderate rebels" are all synonymous with scumbags. The USA and our wonderful ally, Saudi Arabia, support the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" and both want al Assad out of Syria because he prevents control of the Energy assets through denying pipeline rights to those Nations (US and Saudi Arabia). The canker sore has come home to roost for keeping friends like Saudi Arabia. The entire Syrian embroglio is the result of US, CIA, Saudi covert and overt activities to get rid of al Assad.

With the Obama admin escalating their efforts to give money and weapons to ISIS I figured maybe I was wrong about Obama. In addition to giving money and weapons, the Obama admin has also been training rebels and teaching them how to seek out ISIS and join them or give them weapons. I never before considered Obama a Muslim, but Obama being sympathetic to ISIS and Al-Qaeda and his frustration with Russia fighting the terrorists makes me wonder. What are your thoughts?

I think Obama is trying to not really be involved and pass the buck to the next president. Its possible that he might be using ISIS to try to take out Assad. Because any other president would have turned ISIS into a highway of death and bombed the **** out of them hundreds of times a day and the surviving terrorists would have been hiding hiding in caves like their predecessors before them. It does not make Obama a Muslim. I think due to part of his upbringing he is a little sensitive to Muslim issues. After all his step father is a Muslim,His little sister by his mother and step father is a Muslim,his father/sperm donor is a Muslim and his siblings and other family that he barely sees that his on his father's side of the family are Muslim. Having family that are Muslims does not make on a Muslim.

View attachment 67190884

Obama is neither a Muslim himself, a sympathizer for Muslims, nor a sympathizer for ISIS. All that is happening is the US and Russia do not agree on al-Assad, which means that all other groups in Syria opposed to al-Assad are now in the cross-hairs of Russian military assistance to al-Assad. As for whoever we have been supporting over there (weapons, cash, whatever else) about all that proves is we have no idea what the hell we are doing in the region as a whole. As evidenced by decades of a worthless, confusing, and hypocritical foreign policy that creates problem after problem.

Thus there is no reason to vote...

Obama is sympathetic to muslim causes, has a history in his formative years with them and has familial ties to them. Highly placed advisors in his administration, namely Valerie Jarrett is Iranian. His foreign policy favors Ilsamists. He backed the muslim brotherhood as a replacement for Mubarak in Egypt. We know how that turned out. I'm not making the claim that he, in any way, supports ISIS. I'm not making the claim that he is muslim. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a conversion, wink, after he leaves office. I will say that his military campaign against them is useless. In addition, his foreign policy in the middle east is incomprehensible.nn

Obama is sympathetic to muslim causes, has a history in his formative years with them and has familial ties to them. Highly placed advisors in his administration, namely Valerie Jarrett is Iranian. His foreign policy favors Ilsamists. He backed the muslim brotherhood as a replacement for Mubarak in Egypt. We know how that turned out. I'm not making the claim that he, in any way, supports ISIS. I'm not making the claim that he is muslim. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a conversion, wink, after he leaves office. I will say that his military campaign against them is useless. In addition, his foreign policy in the middle east is incomprehensible.nn
Exactly. I don't know if he's Muslim but he's behavior in Syria is bizarre.

With the Obama admin escalating their efforts to give money and weapons to ISIS I figured maybe I was wrong about Obama. In addition to giving money and weapons, the Obama admin has also been training rebels and teaching them how to seek out ISIS and join them or give them weapons. I never before considered Obama a Muslim, but Obama being sympathetic to ISIS and Al-Qaeda and his frustration with Russia fighting the terrorists makes me wonder. What are your thoughts?
When the hell did you read, hear, or imagine that the US government has or ever will be attempting (let alone escalating it's attempts) to provide funding and weapons to ISIS?

Actually the idea of Obama being a Muslim has always seemed patently absurd. However with him giving weapons and training to al-Qaeda and ISIS it's turned my opinion on his head. In the past I frequently mocked people who suggested that a man who spent 30 years attending Rev. Wright's church could be a Muslim. I just can't reconcile Obama helping Muslim terrorists.
When the hell did this happen, and where is your proof.

When the hell did this happen, and where is your proof.

He'll claim that a few weapons falling out of approved FSA hands (despite extensive measures to ensure otherwise) is evidence of Obama intentionally supplying ISIS.

The US, CIA, has been funding, training, and arming Islamic Fundamentalists in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and Jordan. The gov't keeps referring to them as "moderate rebels" like you would refer to Jeffery Dahmer as a "moderate social radical" don't ya' know? The US just ended a $500 million aid program that may have trained as many as 60 Islamic Fundamentalists and when inserted into Syria immediately turned themselves and their arms over to al Qeda. Prior to that the CIA funneled arms from Libyan Fundamentalists that we supported to Turkey and then on to Islamic Fundamentalists. Once more the Islamic Fundamentalists turned out to be al Qeda or ISIS. ISIL, ISIS, al Qeda, "moderate rebels" are all synonymous with scumbags. The USA and our wonderful ally, Saudi Arabia, support the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" and both want al Assad out of Syria because he prevents control of the Energy assets through denying pipeline rights to those Nations (US and Saudi Arabia). The canker sore has come home to roost for keeping friends like Saudi Arabia. The entire Syrian embroglio is the result of US, CIA, Saudi covert and overt activities to get rid of al Assad.
What I'm getting from your statement is "CIA had plans that backfired".

And from what I've heard about Assad, he damn well should be out of power. He might be better than ISIS, but only just.

What I'm getting from your statement is "CIA had plans that backfired".

And from what I've heard about Assad, he damn well should be out of power. He might be better than ISIS, but only just.
Assad is marginally less loathsome for Syria, but Assad isn't in Iraq,or have 'affiliates; in Libya or Afghanistan either.

ISIL is a worldwide threat -it's a cancer ( salafi jihadi) . At least Assad only barrel bombs his own people

Assad is marginally less loathsome for Syria, but Assad isn't in Iraq,or have 'affiliates; in Libya or Afghanistan either.

ISIL is a worldwide threat -it's a cancer ( salafi jihadi) . At least Assad only barrel bombs his own people

Barrel bombs are essentially homemade bombs. Like Tim McVeigh's in Tulsa. One barrel bomb is the equivalent of two US 500 pound bombs, I think. If barrel bombs kill people, so also do 500 pounders. Does the pot call the kettle black? I'm thinking that the USA has left over 100,000 dead in Iraq, another couple hundred thousand in Libya, we dropped more bombs on Vietnam and Laos than were dropped in all of WWII, Wait, it's comin to me. The USA uses smart bombs that hit where aimed like the busy restuarant where Saddam Hussein was supposedly dining. Perhaps we should take a close look at Fallujah or No Gun Ri or My Lai before we try throwing stone through the walls of our glass house.. Al Assad is an exponentially better alternative than ISIS and it is for the whole region, just as you state and perhaps a World Wide threat.

I don't think I can handle an "at least" when referring to airstrikes on the people of his country.

It's just too ridiculous.

I don't think I can handle an "at least" when referring to airstrikes on the people of his country.

It's just too ridiculous.
there is no doubt some of that.
I don't trust western media though that shows him randomly going after civilians for no reason.
If you look at the cities many are completely bombed out to shells of former buildings. Why is that?

Because his opposition uses them as firing posts. I don't think most people understand the colossal carnage in Syria.
We know the dead,but the infrastructure is in shambles. Assad isn't stupid , he can be called reckless but he does
have a civil war on his hands too..

140609072152-restricted-01-syria-0609-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Return to Aleppo: 'We are in hell' - CNN.com

If bombing someone is your way of supporting them then I question your idea of what "support" means. Also there is no evidence that he is a Muslim. If he is not a Christian he is most likely non-religious. A lot of liberals are non-religious.

The US, CIA, has been funding, training, and arming Islamic Fundamentalists in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and Jordan.
Inadvertently.

The gov't keeps referring to them as "moderate rebels" like you would refer to Jeffery Dahmer as a "moderate social radical" don't ya' know?
What side would you prefer the US support? I read a recent account of a town in Syria where the "moderate rebels" after a long, hard fought battle had successfully fought off ISIS from the area...only to have Assad drop barrel bombs on them two days later. There's some speculation that Assad and ISIS have an agreement not to attack each other....for now. So who are they attacking if not the so called "moderate rebels"? For that matter, who is Russia attacking?

The US just ended a $500 million aid program that may have trained as many as 60 Islamic Fundamentalists and when inserted into Syria immediately turned themselves and their arms over to al Qeda. Prior to that the CIA funneled arms from Libyan Fundamentalists that we supported to Turkey and then on to Islamic Fundamentalists. Once more the Islamic Fundamentalists turned out to be al Qeda or ISIS. ISIL, ISIS, al Qeda, "moderate rebels" are all synonymous with scumbags. The USA and our wonderful ally, Saudi Arabia, support the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" and both want al Assad out of Syria because he prevents control of the Energy assets through denying pipeline rights to those Nations (US and Saudi Arabia). The canker sore has come home to roost for keeping friends like Saudi Arabia. The entire Syrian embroglio is the result of US, CIA, Saudi covert and overt activities to get rid of al Assad.
Did congress approve that aid program? I agree with you about Saudi Arabia. Perhaps, that's why the US tried to become oil independent. (ie: drill, baby, drill). Yup, the US is largely responsible for opening up Pandora's box in the ME. Can't argue with that.

Last edited:
It always amazes me when someone has no concept of defending the rights of others.

I'd like to see your objection to building a church in Oklahoma City.

So you are saying he is Anti Muslim? So why would he defend building the Mosque? Either its pro or hes anti. Either he agrees or he does not. When we so someone is Pro abortion that means they support it. When someone is Anti abortion they do not support it. So saying he supports it means he is PRO MUSLIM.

What side would you prefer the US support?
If the U.S. must support a side it would be nice if it would stop air dropping weapons to ISIS.

I read a recent account of a town in Syria where the "moderate rebels" after a long, hard fought battle had successfully fought off ISIS from the area...only to have Assad drop barrel bombs on them two days later.
Who cares? The rebels are aligned with ISIS or Al-Qaeda.

This was a tough one for me because I don't really think he is supporting 'terrorists' in the sense of committing treason or anything like that. BUT, he bent over backwards and kissed his heels to make the extremist Muslim theocracy of Iran a sweetheart "deal" so that they can easily evade any real inspections, while at the same time enjoying all the benefits of billions of dollars, ballistic missiles, and, nuclear R&D facilities that cannot be inspected at all if they are sited on "military installations".

I mean, how exactly do we split the hairs? Is Obama running off to join ISIS with black pajamas, a scimitar, and an AK-47? No. But has he consistently done one thing after another that, mysteriously, seems to aid and advance the objectives and goals of violent Islam from Libya to Afghanistan? My answer is for anyone to look at the facts, and the chronology, and if you do, the answer is surely "yes". It doesn't make him a "Muslim", per se, with a prayer rug under his arm... but the way he has acted in while in office, he's pushed the 'envelope' of permissibility right up to the breaking point.

My thought is that this is one of the most idiotic thread premises I've seen. Congratulations. You've managed to out-do some seriously low-brow competition.

My thought is that this is one of the most idiotic thread premises I've seen. Congratulations. You've managed to out-do some seriously low-brow competition.

I might not use that language, GM...but the premise of the thread is so absurd as to warrant what you said.

Moderator's Warning:
Missed this one earlier. Moved to the correct location

I might not use that language, GM...but the premise of the thread is so absurd as to warrant what you said.

I think some of these, uh, folks actually believe things like this. I've got no attachment to Obama but the only appropriate response to stuff like this is ridicule.

When did this happen?

When did this happen?

Obama spent 500 million to train 5 rebels. Then those rebels gave their equipment to terrorists within days of being sent back to Syria. I guarantee you it would take me several weeks to encounter ISIS if I went to Syria to avoid capture so how did these well trained "rebels" encounter ISIS within a matter of days? And why did these well trained "rebels" surrender without a fight?

Back
Top Bottom