• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Obama want a government shut down?

Does Obama want a government shut down?

• Total voters
Yeah, then he can go on vacation without any of that pesky "work stuff" getting in the way.

Michelle hasn't had a 10 million dollar vacation in a while, so you know she's pissed. "You never take me anywhere on the taxpayer's dime anymore!!!".

You and your right wing friends have got the facts wrong (wow, what a surprise!). It's Cruz and his tea party wackos that want the government shut down so they can repeal the Affordable Health Care Act. These guys frankly take stupid to an entirely new level.

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/18/ted_cruz_the_dumbest_genius_ever/

God, could we possibly be so lucky as to have this intellectual giant as the Republican Presidential nominee in 2016?

You do know what branch of government would shut down the government, right?

Yeah, I think we all understand that it would be Congress that would do it by not passing the budget. But of course that won't happen because there are actually adults in charge of the U.S. Senate.

You and your right wing friends have got the facts wrong (wow, what a surprise!). It's Cruz and his tea party wackos that want the government shut down so they can repeal the Affordable Health Care Act. These guys frankly take stupid to an entirely new level.

Ted Cruz: The dumbest “genius” ever! - Salon.com

God, could we possibly be so lucky as to have this intellectual giant as the Republican Presidential nominee in 2016?

another person on the left who has no clue on what part of the Government shuts it down Hint, it not Senator Cruz.

You and your right wing friends have got the facts wrong (wow, what a surprise!). God, could we possibly be so lucky as to have this intellectual giant as the Republican Presidential nominee in 2016?
Luck won't have anything to do with it. Ted is beating on his war drums right now--telling people he is going to get rid of the IRS; however, what he doesn't tell those Tea Party aficionados is how he is going to do it and how he is going to keep the government going without cash. Meanwhile just him beating on his war drums should get him in the Primary and drag Rand Paul in to the fray. :cuckoo::roll:

You do know what branch of government would shut down the government, right?

A shutdown can happen when a legislative body (including the legislative power of veto by the executive) cannot agree on a budget financing its government programs for a pending fiscal year. In the absence of appropriated funds, the government discontinues providing non-essential services at the beginning of the affected fiscal year. Government employees who provide essential services, often referred to as "essential employees," are required to continue working.

Wikipedia

Yeah, I think we all understand that it would be Congress that would do it by not passing the budget. But of course that won't happen because there are actually adults in charge of the U.S. Senate.

Isn't the Congress i.e. the House the only chamber that has passed something so far? When are those adults in the Senate going to get on the ball and do something adult-like?

Obama would welcome a government shutdown, but not for reasons that have anything to do with budgets or healthcare.

Obama's role is to disrupt the progress of the United States and to create as much social order breakdown as possible. Obama has so much hatred for this county and the historical American culture that anything resulting in dissention, confusion and ultimately great harm is viewed as a positive.

Political maneuvering as we have seen with past differences between presidents and congress is always subordinated to Obama's personal agenda of hatred and destruction, coupled with angering traditionalists and white people in general.

That is why there seems to be so little consistency and reason in his actions both here and worldwide.

Last edited:
Obama would welcome a government shutdown, but not for reasons that have anything to do with budgets or healthcare.

Obama's role is to disrupt the progress of the United States and to create as much social order breakdown as possible. Obama has so much hatred for this county and the historical American culture that anything resulting in dissention, confusion and ultimately great harm is viewed as a positive.

Political maneuvering as we have seen with past differences between presidents and congress is always subordinated to Obama's personal agenda of hatred and destruction, coupled with angering traditionalists and white people in general.

That is why there seems to be so little consistency and reason in his actions both here and worldwide.

I was going to make fun of this post, but christ, it does that well enough on it's own. Good ****ing god, that is some of the most hilarious **** ever. And the funny part is you believe it.

Believing that is awful and funny.

I laughed so hard on reading it the cat jumped up off my lap. I mean there is such a thing as rational disagreement, but when your whole argument is that the other guy is a mouth breather and bad, you just look silly.

Back
Top Bottom