• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Obama know he’s fighting on al-Qa’ida’s side?

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If Barack Obama decides to attack the Syrian regime, he has ensured – for the very first time in history – that the United States will be on the same side as al-Qa’ida.

Quite an alliance! Was it not the Three Musketeers who shouted “All for one and one for all” each time they sought combat? This really should be the new battle cry if – or when – the statesmen of the Western world go to war against Bashar al-Assad.

The men who destroyed so many thousands on 9/11 will then be fighting alongside the very nation whose innocents they so cruelly murdered almost exactly 12 years ago. Quite an achievement for Obama, Cameron, Hollande and the rest of the miniature warlords.

This, of course, will not be trumpeted by the Pentagon or the White House – nor, I suppose, by al-Qa’ida – though they are both trying to destroy Bashar. So are the Nusra front, one of al-Qa’ida’s affiliates. But it does raise some interesting possibilities.

Robert Fisk: We

We can fight both at the same time.

Glad that discussion is over with.

If Barack Obama decides to attack the Syrian regime, he has ensured – for the very first time in history – that the United States will be on the same side as al-Qa’ida.

Quite an alliance! Was it not the Three Musketeers who shouted “All for one and one for all” each time they sought combat? This really should be the new battle cry if – or when – the statesmen of the Western world go to war against Bashar al-Assad.

The men who destroyed so many thousands on 9/11 will then be fighting alongside the very nation whose innocents they so cruelly murdered almost exactly 12 years ago. Quite an achievement for Obama, Cameron, Hollande and the rest of the miniature warlords.

This, of course, will not be trumpeted by the Pentagon or the White House – nor, I suppose, by al-Qa’ida – though they are both trying to destroy Bashar. So are the Nusra front, one of al-Qa’ida’s affiliates. But it does raise some interesting possibilities.

Quite an accomplishment indeed - the president of the united states aligning himself with radical Islam. Who'da thunk?

But then, for one who is devoted to transforming this nation, what better way than to incite a 3rd world war to bring us to our knees?

Can anyone truly imagine what going to [real] war with this anti-American pissant in the White House will be like?

So just kill everyone in Syria?

To join in on a war, we have to pick a side. By attacking Assad we're helping Al-Qaeda. It's a lose-lose whatever we do, which is why we should listen to the 90+% of Americans who say "**** no we shouldn't attack Syria" and mind our own business for what seems like the first time ever.

So just kill everyone in Syria?

To join in on a war, we have to pick a side. By attacking Assad we're helping Al-Qaeda. It's a lose-lose whatever we do, which is why we should listen to the 90+% of Americans who say "**** no we shouldn't attack Syria" and mind our own business for what seems like the first time ever.

Not only pick a side but be able to discern which folks in Syria are on the "other" side. It seems to me that there are at least 5 sides involved. Those that actively support Assad, those that actively oppose Assad, those that passively support Assad, those that passively oppose Assad and those that could care less but detest the fighting. By supporting any one side we are then very likely to upset the other sides mostly due to collateral damage and meddling in the internal affairs of their nation.

Last edited:

Mornin Medusa. :2wave: Well truthfully its not the First time and yes our Pols know.

If Barack Obama decides to attack the Syrian regime, he has ensured – for the very first time in history – that the United States will be on the same side as al-Qa’ida......

Technically that might be true. We did support Bin Laden in Afghanistan, however. We sent him and his men weapons. He was doing to the Russians there, what he did against us later.

Mornin Medusa. :2wave: Well truthfully its not the First time and yes our Pols know.

good afternoon MMC

l worry that it will cause a greater conflict around

Can we? I doubt it very seriously.

Looks like the discussion is just getting started. :shock: You didn't think you were going to shut it down now, did you?

Technically that might be true. We did support Bin Laden in Afghanistan, however. We sent him and his men weapons. He was doing to the Russians there, what he did against us later.

imperialism seems like satanism to me

no no worse than it

good afternoon MMC

l worry that it will cause a greater conflict around

More than likely it will.....one thing is for certain. It's not going to stop the sectarian killing.

imperialism seems like satanism to me

no no worse than it

Nah.....Satanism is when I dwell in that place that cannot be named and for dealing with the Putzs that think they can take one on. :lol:

More than likely it will.....one thing is for certain. It's not going to stop the sectarian killing.

the western support for this fake springs led to a lack of authority in ME countries and thats why they have been killing each other

of course it wont end any killing ,it will increase

the west needs to find excuses to attack any country such as mass destruction weapons

remember jonior moron admitted that they couldnt find anything in iraq regarding the accusation of using such chemicals

now they play the same game to intervene in syria

chemicals......

Last edited:

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." BHO

And this is surprising how? Sunni, Shia or somewhere in between?

If Al Qaida supports breathing, will you start holding your breath?

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." BHO

they are not muslims.muslims dont kill any other muslim.they dont even kill any other people of other faiths .

tahts why these miserable radicals may ally with modern crusaders in any war.

indian islamists had prevented the people from struggling against the UK imperialism because colonialists had let them practice their beliefs and pray in mosques

what an ignorance,what a judass kiss

Last edited:
Al Qaeda is not the only group fighting against Assad.

they are not muslims.muslims dont kill any other muslim.they dont even kill any other people of other faiths .

tahts why these miserable radicals may ally with modern crusaders in any war.

indian islamists had prevented the people from struggling against the UK imperialism because colonialists had let them practice their beliefs and pray in mosques

what an ignorance,what a judass kiss

I understand that but, I'm not sure Obama knows the difference.

However, people who claim to be Muslim have been killing each other for some time now as have people who claim to be Christians and other religions. When it comes to hate, politics and war, religion be damned.

If Al Qaida supports breathing, will you start holding your breath?

hi redress

l know radical islamism is really more dangerous than it seems

Mornin' WCH. :2wave: I don't think it is surprising at all.....do you think what took place with Selah in Yemen could have given some insight to it all. Well except the Obama Kool-Aid drinkers and Nut Slurpers.

Looks like he went with the Birds of a feather and the Sunni.

Well not so sure we are joining the war. We are going to punish those who used gas on their own people.

While al-Queera muddies up the 'good guy/ bad guy' simplistic model, it is not without precedent. We had an 'ally' in the Kurds who's separatist faction wanted to carve away a piece of Turkey for an independent Kurdistan.

Charlie Wilson's War had a strange mish-mash of Allah fearing Founding Fathers and thug warlords looking to carve out personal fiefdoms in a 'free' Afghanistan. Throw in the nascent hyper fundamentalist foundation for 'The Base' that hated ALL who didn't adhere to their rather intense version of Islam and our help in throwing the Roosians out of Afghanistan wasn't so simple either.

Even our dear friends in Qatar,ruled by a tiny Sunni minority, ruthlessly suppressed the Shia majority with the help of Saudi troops ending the Arab Spring there.

Removing Saddam from Iraq has done a great deal for al-Queera in the region. He was ruthless in his suppression of the Fundamentalists. Now less ruthless 'democracy' in Iraq has not been able to suppress the terrorist organization. (we couldn't either)

Ain't nuthin simple in the Middle East so sitting around pretending that if there is no simple solution we shouldn't act seems absurd. Sometimes it is the lesser of the two weevils....

If AQ supports Chickin Huntin.....will you bare your neck.

Do you speak English? If so, could you please put your posts towards me in English please?

Back
Top Bottom