• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does NewsBusters have a sense of Humor?

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Letterman: ‘Ahmadinejad is Retiring to...His Ranch in Crawford, Texas’

See the video at the link above.

CBS’s David Letterman made a disgraceful joke Monday evening comparing Iran’s crazed despot Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to former President George W. Bush.

During the opening monologue of the Late Show, the host said, “Ahmadinejad is retiring. He's going to spend all of his time on his ranch in Crawford, Texas” (video follows with transcribed lowlights and commentary):

“Hey, you remember evil dictator of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?” Letterman teased. “Well, no longer evil dictator. They had election, and he's out, and I was thinking, ‘Boy, you thought Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was in bad mah-mood before, he's really in a bad mah-mood now. "​

“Hey, you remember evil dictator of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?” Letterman teased. “Well, no longer evil dictator. They had election, and he's out, and I was thinking, ‘Boy, you thought Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was in bad mah-mood before, he's really in a bad mah-mood now."

After a video clip introducing the new president of Iran, Letterman said, “Ahmadinejad is retiring. He's going to spend all of his time on his ranch in Crawford, Texas.”

How disgusting.

I see nothing wrong, Bush was a tyrannical dictator in his own little thickly accented way.

Thread: Does Newsbusters have a sense of Humor?
----------------------------

Sure they do.
At the end of that article, they asked for money to combat the liberal media.
Now that's hilarious!!
At least they didn't call it the " lamestream media ".

Why do they care about what a comedian says? I thought their focus was news media.

Only a liberal would find that funny... Remember, he is talking about an American president.

Only a liberal would find that funny... Remember, he is talking about an American president.

So, humor is humor. If you can't pick on presidents, who can you pick on?

That's rich. I'm sure you say that to all the Tea Partiers when they talk about Obama...

So, humor is humor. If you can't pick on presidents, who can you pick on?

Comparing him to the Iranian president is not humorous, unless you see the world through liberal eyes.

Comparing him to the Iranian president is not humorous, unless you see the world through liberal eyes.

You take Bush far too seriously. Not to mention that "NEWSbusters" is going after comedy now.

You take Bush far too seriously. Not to mention that "NEWSbusters" is going after comedy now.

Dude, he was comparing a former president of the United States to that piece of crap... Like I said, only a liberal.

Dude, he was comparing a former president of the United States to that piece of crap... Like I said, only a liberal.

Only a Republican takes Bush and themselves that seriously. You really think he was comparing them? :lamo

Besides, what do you always say about "entertainers aren't news casts?" Letterman doesn't even pretend.

CBS’s David Letterman made a disgraceful joke Monday evening comparing Iran’s crazed despot Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to former President George W. Bush.

During the opening monologue of the Late Show, the host said, “Ahmadinejad is retiring. He's going to spend all of his time on his ranch in Crawford, Texas” (video follows with transcribed lowlights and commentary):

“Hey, you remember evil dictator of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?” Letterman teased. “Well, no longer evil dictator. They had election, and he's out, and I was thinking, ‘Boy, you thought Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was in bad mah-mood before, he's really in a bad mah-mood now. "​

“Hey, you remember evil dictator of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?” Letterman teased. “Well, no longer evil dictator. They had election, and he's out, and I was thinking, ‘Boy, you thought Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was in bad mah-mood before, he's really in a bad mah-mood now."

After a video clip introducing the new president of Iran, Letterman said, “Ahmadinejad is retiring. He's going to spend all of his time on his ranch in Crawford, Texas.”

How disgusting.

Where's the humorous part?

No wonder Letterman lost out when Johnny Carson retired.

Only a Republican takes Bush and themselves that seriously. You really think he was comparing them? :lamo

Besides, what do you always say about "entertainers aren't news casts?" Letterman doesn't even pretend.

Only a liberal would think that was funny.

What would you say if the comparison was to President Obama? How many people have called Obama Osama by "mistake?" Actually, I didn't find Letterman's joke all that funny, I thought the fact that NewsBusters reported it hilarious.

What would you say if the comparison was to President Obama?

The same thing... There is nothing funny about making that type of comparisan.

How many people have called Obama Osama by "mistake?" Actually, I didn't find Letterman's joke all that funny, I thought the fact that NewsBusters reported it hilarious.

If you didn't think it was funny, then why did you post this in the first place?

How disgusting.

Some one who likes to use Media Matters as a source is in no position to criticize Newsbusters, just as any one who uses Newsbusters as a source is in no position to criticize Media Matters.

Some one who likes to use Media Matters as a source is in no position to criticize Newsbusters, just as any one who uses Newsbusters as a source is in no position to criticize Media Matters.
I disagree on both accounts, any criticism of any source is up for criticism as long as it is specific. I thought Newsbusters reporting Letterman's joke was hilarious.

The same thing... There is nothing funny about making that type of comparisan.

If you didn't think it was funny, then why did you post this in the first place?
Because I thought the fact that NewsBusters reported it, hilarious.

MLK'S: "the greatest prevyor of violence in the world today is my country, the United States."

The thing is, as noted above, don't be so sensitive.

'Course, Obama seen through conservative eyes has been compared to Hitler but that's different.

'Course, Obama seen through conservative eyes has been compared to Hitler but that's different.

I'm talking about a late night TV talk show host making a joke that simply was not funny.

I'm talking about a late night TV talk show host making a joke that simply was not funny.

I'm talking about a mainstream right-wing political commentator.

Back
Top Bottom