• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does NBC's ethics policy apply to CNBC anchor Larry Kudlow?

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Very good question.

Today, MSNBC suspended Keith Olbermann indefinitely for violating NBC News' policy and standards. As Politico first noted, Olbermann donated $2,400 apiece to three Democrats and "NBC has a rule against employees contributing to political campaigns."
If NBC News' policy extends to CNBC, the network may have a problem with Larry Kudlow, the anchor of CNBC's primetime show Kudlow & Company and co-anchor of the noon show The Call.
As Salon.com's Alex Pareene noted, in May 2009, Kudlow donated $1,000 to Christopher Shays for Congress (R-CT). Pareene wrote: "Unless Kudlow got explicit permission from the president of NBC News, this places him in direct violation of the NBC News ethics policy that led to the indefinite suspension of MSNBC host Keith Olbermann today.'

Does NBC's ethics policy apply to CNBC anchor Larry Kudlow?

Geez... More dishonest arguments from Media Matters and their blind followers on the left.

It isn't against their policy to contribute to political campaigns. It's against their policy to contribute to them without getting explicit permission from the president of NBC News, which Media Matters didn't bother to even check on.

By all means please enlighten. Details please.

Geez... More dishonest arguments from Media Matters and their blind followers on the left.

It isn't against their policy to contribute to political campaigns. It's against their policy to contribute to them without getting explicit permission from the president of NBC News, which Media Matters didn't bother to even check on.
Come on Grim, I want to know how you *know* this stuff. I also want know if you are a blind follower of the right? You are a true American and everyone to the left of you are just a bunch of Commies, right?

The Rent Is Too Damn High Guy:lol:

I think he'd be a helluva MSNBC host -- not sure I'd put him on in the same timeslot though. I might put him up against Beck though.

I think he'd be a helluva MSNBC host -- not sure I'd put him on in the same timeslot though. I might put him up against Beck though.

he would still appear to more stable then Beck though, so not a good choice for ratings

If you want to compete with bat guano crazy, you have to go really really big

Rachael Maddow said last night in her defense of Olbermann, that CNBC is a separate from NBC and MSNBC, and has no such policy for their employees.

How typical of Media Matters to shoot their mouth off before checking the facts.

Back
Top Bottom