• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does medical privacy matter anymore?

No, that was the point I was making. I listed the people that would think it was wrong to do so. Wrong = immoral. As for the 'level' of immorality, that's just as subjective.

No you said that you and your family and friends wouldn't preform the action. Just like you say below you don't know what people are going through maybe they couldn't afford to miss a day of work.

It's "reckless" and I dont see a parallel at all. You dont know the reasons a person is driving that way, for starters. Do you know if they have an emergency? Not all do of course, but you dont know. People have to weigh their actions every day...do I need to get to work and keep my job and feed my family? Maybe I'll speed a little more, etc. You dont know but you are happy to judge and your judgements seem to fall on the negative side.

I do know they aren't in an emergency because, 1 they don't have their hazard lights on, and 2 how the **** would going slower help you in an emergency?

See you just made an assumption about what I was talking about. Reckless driving isn't limited to speeding, driving 20 mph below the speed limit in the left lane of a highway is also very dangerous and can cause wrecks. Entering a 70mph highway at 30 mph is dangerous as well.

Yes dozens of different people every single day are going to have their lives fall apart if they have 30 seconds added on to or taken away from their commute. You can't honestly think that to be the case.

No you said that you and your family and friends wouldn't preform the action. Just like you say below you don't know what people are going through maybe they couldn't afford to miss a day of work.

LOL read it again, go back and see that you asked what people would think about doing something.

And your post was a response to this: Morality often hinges on not intentionally doing harm or causing suffering in others.

Please use words correctly...either you're not understanding them, or you're choosing to misrepresent them to advance your agenda.

I do know they aren't in an emergency because, 1 they don't have their hazard lights on, and 2 how the **** would going slower help you in an emergency?

Please, it was merely one example and it's not parallel.

See you just made an assumption about what I was talking about. Reckless driving isn't limited to speeding, driving 20 mph below the speed limit in the left lane of a highway is also very dangerous and can cause wrecks. Entering a 70mph highway at 30 mph is dangerous as well.

Because it's not parallel and I didnt want to waste more time showing it fails as an analogy.

How do you connect a handful of people to all people? That's what you're doing. It's not reflective of the greater overall population. We all know there are outliers, like criminals, cheaters, etc. How is that representative of everyone? It's not.

Yes dozens of different people every single day are going to have their lives fall apart if they have 30 seconds added on to or taken away from their commute. You can't honestly think that to be the case.

You dont know otherwise.

Bruce Willis has aphasia. Jada Pinkett Smith has alopecia. Michael J. Fox keeps reminding us he has Parkinson’s Disease. People reveal their illnesses in GoFundMe pleas to pay their medical bills. Many people reveal their COVID history or vaccination status.

Is medical privacy obsolete? What is medical privacy supposed to protect, anyway? Do you just want people to not think “icky” thoughts about you if they know you have a certain disease? Are you trying to hide a preexisting condition from insurance companies when health care reform is largely eliminating that factor?

Whatever your concerns, is it worth it to burden the taxpayer-funded legal system with medical privacy litigation?
What's wrong with revealing a health condition by the person with the health condition? There is no invasion of privacy.....

Go Fund Me does not make anyone contribute that does not want to contribute?

What exactly is the problem .....................?

What, exactly, does the OP want to know.
Perhaps I should have framed the question as “Why are more people sharing their medical issues?” In a society that values victimhood, people can claim victim status if they can show they are a “victim” of illness, particularly if that affliction disproportionately affects that ethnic group.

Better still, they can depict themselves as “heroes” struggling against their illness even if that illness was brought on by their own reckless behavior or lifestyle.

Finally, another bonus in revealing one’s illness Is the opportunity to join a community of other sufferers of the same condition, thus creating a new circle of “friends” where few may have existed before.

Perhaps I should have framed the question as “Why are more people sharing their medical issues?” In a society that values victimhood, people can claim victim status if they can show they are a “victim” of illness, particularly if that affliction disproportionately affects that ethnic group.

Better still, they can depict themselves as “heroes” struggling against their illness even if that illness was brought on by their own reckless behavior or lifestyle.

Finally, another bonus in revealing one’s illness Is the opportunity to join a community of other sufferers of the same condition, thus creating a new circle of “friends” where few may have existed before.
LOL your original question turned out to be ridiculous so you're framing an entirely different one. "Why do people share their medical issues?" Because sometimes talking about your issues helps, holy **** is that a new concept to you!?

LOL your original question turned out to be ridiculous so you're framing an entirely different one. "Why do people share their medical issues?" Because sometimes talking about your issues helps, holy **** is that a new concept to you!?
It's new when people what to share their medical issues with strangers or even the entire world.

It's new when people what to share their medical issues with strangers or even the entire world.
Social media has changed communication, yes. But why is the concept of sharing foreign to you?

But you don't see it. That's funny.

Back
Top Bottom