• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Jesus believe in freedom of religion?

Does Jesus believe in freedom of religion?

• Total voters
A fantasy can not believe in any thing. Stupid pol.

A god may be a fantasy - but it seems that Jesus existed as a real persson - whether he now was divine or not.

People say that the constitution is founded on Christian or divine providence principals, so the question before the audience is whether Jesus believes in freedom of religion.
Nope. Jesus was not tolerant of other religions. He said, supposedly, that he's the only way to God

Nope. Jesus was not tolerant of other religions. He said, supposedly, that he's the only way to God
ding ding, we have a winner.

As a Christian myself, the scriptures teach us that Jesus was redirected and is indeed alive.
I don't think the Radical Rabbi would approve what what has been done in his name. But like everyone else alive 2000 years ago, he's still dead.

Constantine mainstreamed the Pagans into the church, and bastardized Christian doctrine. Constantine is the reason the Catholic church is in the condition it's in today. That's why I left.
To answer your question, I tend to accept the bible as the inspired word of God. I find that for the most part, Jesus and the apostles wrote pretty plainly. Maybe they mean exactly what they wrote. I understand that there are some confusing passages though. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you're right. We won't know until.......
What did Jesus write? Nothing I'm aware of.

People say that the constitution is founded on Christian or divine providence principals, so the question before the audience is whether Jesus believes in freedom of religion.

Yes Jesus believes in freedom of religion. That's what we are doing here, choosing or not choosing something, for the most part

Religion isn't for Jesus's sake, it's for people who need something more than faith.
Religion is faith & faith is a belief in the unprovable. Sort of a Conspiracy Theory cult. o_O

True, as is paganism, which covers anyone who worships, what the Bible refers to, as false gods...
Pagans worshipped Nature & natural things rather than a imaginary spaceman (suspected rapist)= our father who lives in heaven.

Not true. My cousin is atheist. Believes in nothing, says everything is random.
Not entirely true, not believing in a being who lives in the sky, or crawled out of the bowels of the earth or whatever concept of a god figure there is, does not mean we don't believe in anything, I believe in a woman's right to choose for one thing. Also, that Jesus was a sort of revolutionary, hippie, commy bum who was resuerected over time, once he was safely dead. Sort of like how the right has come to love a well edited version of MLKjr.

What people are saying that? I'm not saying that.

Also, what does something that you say that people say have to do with this poll question?

Pagans worshipped Nature & natural things rather than a imaginary spaceman (suspected rapist)= our father who lives in heaven.
They still had false gods in place to represent nature...Greeks and native Americans, for example...even wiccans...

imo Jesus believes that each person is offered the choice......do you follow his teachings or do you become a person who thinks organized religion as we know it today is the right choice......the two are vastly different

imagine.........a world created by a being or beings with abilities and knowledge far beyond our own...(god I love Star Trek)...and they create our world as an experiment for some kind of analysis that we cannot even comprehend or imagine......and show us real truth and wisdom by sending a messenger .....just to see how we will react.....and the messenger we call Jesus and the truth and wisdom is Love

It would seem so...

Luke 9: 3-5
"Take nothing for your journey," [Jesus instructed the disciples]. "Don't take a walking stick, a traveler's bag, food, money, or even a change of clothes. Wherever you go, stay in the same house until you leave town. And if a town refuses to welcome you, shake its dust from your feet as you leave to show that you have abandoned those people to their fate." (emphasis mine)

Even if people did not want to hear from Jesus or His Disciples, His instructions were to just leave the people alone. They had condemned themselves.

Christianity was founded after the crucification. Jesus taught Judaism. Islam was founded in the 7th century - so it’s out.

As for the founding documents; many of the original pilgrims and settlers were escaping the Holy Roman Empire. Protestant religion was part of the enlightenment or least a major influence of the enlightenment.

Everyone was questioning authority which included the Catholic Church which was governing a large portion of Europe. It’s important to remember the colonies and settlements were here for 275 years before we became a country. There were 4 major European countries competing for North America - Spain England France Dutch.

To say that Christian influence was not present in the forming of the USA is completely unsupported. The evidence is overwhelming.

Yeah, but if you don’t accept him then your sins will not be forgiven and you won’t go to heaven.
That’s fine. I like it hot anyway.
That's the conventional wisdom anyway. Though, there is some evidence that this wasn't necessarily Jesus' or his apostles' view:

"There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism. All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)"

imagine.........a world created by a being or beings with abilities and knowledge far beyond our own...(god I love Star Trek)...and they create our world as an experiment for some kind of analysis that we cannot even comprehend or imagine......and show us real truth and wisdom by sending a messenger .....just to see how we will react.....and the messenger we call Jesus and the truth and wisdom is Love
A being from outer space (the heavens) came to earth, impregnated a young woman/child & left again. His son roamed the planet, learned eastern religiose principles, preached the Love his mother learned from the spaceman, was killed by the elites. His father came back in his fiery chariot, made him whole & took him back into space. What a plot...;)

imo Jesus believes that each person is offered the choice......do you follow his teachings or do you become a person who thinks organized religion as we know it today is the right choice......the two are vastly different
I vote "none of the above"

He - if he existed - was killed for building up something the Romans saw as an alternate power structure. It happened to be a religion. So I would imagine he would rather prefer to have had freedom to exercise it. . . . .

ok all you evangies and Christians........why would God, all powerful as he is, waste his time with creating us just to test us......and then if we fail burn and torture us forever and ever.......what's the point.....just because he can?.......that's the only illogical reason I can think of......why would we even want to go to heaven if we have to be extorted to do so......I mean, where's the love.....one thing for sure.....not a damn one us knows for sure, for absolute certain.....all we know is we're gonna die.....and that scares the crap out of us......we give in to the extortion to, we hope, save our souls and live forever......and besides it's a lot easier than accepting and reaching out for that wisdom God wants us to grab a hold of.....

in the mean time just keep on sinning brothers.......hell aint half full

Jesus allows freedom of religion because he has to let the satan worshippers weed themselves out.

I don't believe you.
If you ask him what he believes in, I bet he will say he believes in himself.
People don't need to believe in a higher power.
You don’t believe him then. I’m just telling you what he told me.

Back
Top Bottom