• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does Islam have claim to the "Holy Land?"

ghost

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It seems to me that "Islam" want the holy land because they had it first. Well, if this is true, where is the proof. Israel has been in the so called "Holy Land" for thousands of year. Islam itself was founded just a bit after Christ's death. Wich means that, the jews have claim. Islam might have had the land for a small bit of time. But, that time is over, I very much doubt they will ever get the land again. But yet a hateful fighting rages on even now, between Israel and Lebannon. For what? Religion? Or pig headed leaders who care for nothing but there own greed. Do the Jews have the right to fight back? Of course, it is there land. Its always been there land, eventhough they might have been conquored down threw the centuries, they still had the land. Who is Allah to decide the fate of a land he did not create? If so, let Allah let the muslim have the land? Has he? No, not for quite some bit of time.

ghost said:
It seems to me that "Islam" want the holy land because they had it first. Well, if this is true, where is the proof. Israel has been in the so called "Holy Land" for thousands of year. Islam itself was founded just a bit after Christ's death. Wich means that, the jews have claim. Islam might have had the land for a small bit of time. But, that time is over, I very much doubt they will ever get the land again. But yet a hateful fighting rages on even now, between Israel and Lebannon. For what? Religion? Or pig headed leaders who care for nothing but there own greed. Do the Jews have the right to fight back? Of course, it is there land. Its always been there land, eventhough they might have been conquored down threw the centuries, they still had the land. Who is Allah to decide the fate of a land he did not create? If so, let Allah let the muslim have the land? Has he? No, not for quite some bit of time.

To Islam the land was created and is run by Allah (God) and as follower's of Allah they are the only ones who are righteous enough to occupy it. Christians have also felt this way about Israel. It is the holy land and start of all the religions of Abraham.

f.uck the 'holy lands'

f.uck it and spit on it's grave.

It, along with high levels of ignorance, are responsible for countless deaths.

ghost said:
All religions have claim to the land:2wave:Hello? Where have you been?

i think the holy land should be international and for all different religions

they all think that holy land will guide them the way to heaven after death
why they should fight in this live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skg said:
i think the holy land should be international and for all different religions

they all think that holy land will guide them the way to heaven after death
why they should fight in this live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone translate this post for me....... I don't seem to understand it...

Caine said:
Can someone translate this post for me....... I don't seem to understand it...

I think he is saying that the "Holy Land" (Israel) should be public property to the world. Perhaps he intends for Israel to be owned and operated by an international organization? The reasoning behind this is so that all religions could come and visit the land. Israel would become an amusement park for the religious.

IMO, this is a wrong approach and would never work anyway. Religions don't care if they can visit the land, they want to own it and only have their specific religion occupy it. And you shouldn't demolish a government and move a whole civilization because they have other governments that want to destory and conquer them.

Last edited:
if this thread is about Hamaas, and the fighting between Israel and Palestine, i believe that the Israelis have claim to the land more than Hamaas and the other Fedayeen.

After world war 1 and the fall of the ottoman empire, various europeans were given the land now called "Israel". they divided it up as they saw fit. Basically the Palestinians didnt like it, and so there have been countless wars over the land, and Israel always seems to win.

Although i am a Muslim, i think the suicide bombings and rocket attacks on Israeli cities is unfounded. Israel gained the Holy Land the same way the Islamic Empire gained so much territory during the times of Umar and Uthman - by war. Like it or not, Israel deserves the land.

The Israeli government tried many times to make peace and negotiate over the land, but the Palestinians were always wanting more. Israel has no laws forbidding Muslims from living in Israel in peace, the Ahmadi Muslims living in Kababir get along with the locals and the government just fine, without using guns. i dont see why the Palestinians dont do the same.

Gibberish said:
I think he is saying that the "Holy Land" (Israel) should be public property to the world. Perhaps he intends for Israel to be owned and operated by an international organization? The reasoning behind this is so that all religions could come and visit the land. Israel would become an amusement park for the religious.

i meant Jerusalem city not the whole contry.

do people mean by the [holy land] the whole country of Israel???????????

Insisting claim to the land is the whole problem.

Thank goodness (for us) there isn't a wealthy nation elsewhere giving money, fighters and nucular technology to the Native Americans...

"After world war 1 and the fall of the ottoman empire, various europeans were given the land now called "Israel". they divided it up as they saw fit. Basically the Palestinians didnt like it, and so there have been countless wars over the land, and Israel always seems to win.

Although i am a Muslim, i think the suicide bombings and rocket attacks on Israeli cities is unfounded. Israel gained the Holy Land the same way the Islamic Empire gained so much territory during the times of Umar and Uthman - by war. Like it or not, Israel deserves the land.

The Israeli government tried many times to make peace and negotiate over the land, but the Palestinians were always wanting more. Israel has no laws forbidding Muslims from living in Israel in peace, the Ahmadi Muslims living in Kababir get along with the locals and the government just fine, without using guns. i dont see why the Palestinians dont do the same."

Good point and in my estimation you are right.

Arabs originated as nomadic tribes in the modern Arabian Peninsula and emerged in Palestine only after the Islamic invasion of the Land in the 7th (?) century. thats why so many think that the Palestinians as Arab decendents have been in control of the land for the past 1300 years.
Most the Muslims rulers (if my memory serves me right) during those years of Islamic dominance were not Arab, therefore they really have no ethinic relationship to the Palestinians.

The Jews did not establish their independance until the 20th century, but thats also true of many other Arab nations like Saudi, Lebanon, Iraq, Syria....Hmmmmm.....Husseins country ?, cant remember. So really none can make a historical claim to certain borders on the basis of history-nor can the Palastinians. They were not in control of the land.

It was only after WW1 and 2 that they started moving into the Jewish inhabited areas. They really came to the land as immigrants after the jews were there. the Jews can historical document a presence for over 2000 years.

clone said:
if this thread is about Hamaas, and the fighting between Israel and Palestine, i believe that the Israelis have claim to the land more than Hamaas and the other Fedayeen.

After world war 1 and the fall of the ottoman empire, various europeans were given the land now called "Israel". they divided it up as they saw fit. Basically the Palestinians didnt like it, and so there have been countless wars over the land, and Israel always seems to win.

The Israeli government tried many times to make peace and negotiate over the land, but the Palestinians were always wanting more. Israel has no laws forbidding Muslims from living in Israel in peace, the Ahmadi Muslims living in Kababir get along with the locals and the government just fine, without using guns. i dont see why the Palestinians dont do the same.
It is really nice to see a Muslim not spewing typical 'Islamic jihad I hate the Jews' garbage. If more could speak up like you, terrorist power would be castrated.

Bravo! :bravo:

of the three religions that claim the "holy land", christainity, islam, judiasim, none really have an exclusive right to it. They all have a similar claim, they all have a holy book tha says god gives them that strip of land, so since their claims are all from similar sources, we can only asume that they all cancel out. A look at history shows that when each of these groups had control over the "holy land" they have conquered it from someone else, thus none of them truly "deserve" isreal.

I agree with Justin. And let us not forget that he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.

justin said:
of the three religions that claim the "holy land", christainity, islam, judiasim, none really have an exclusive right to it. They all have a similar claim, they all have a holy book tha says god gives them that strip of land, so since their claims are all from similar sources, we can only asume that they all cancel out. A look at history shows that when each of these groups had control over the "holy land" they have conquered it from someone else, thus none of them truly "deserve" isreal.

The books are not from similiar sources, they were written in similiar ways. Some people wrote down what the claim to be gods words to them or someone they know and wrote stories they heard from someone who knows someone. Granted there is a connection in their roots but that is where the connection stops.

Every land is conqureed by someone from someone. Who ever was the last to conquer it is it's rightful ruler until they are conquered or removed.

justin said:

My knowledge of the New Testamtent is limited, so where exactly does it state that the "holy land" belongs to the followers of christ?

Caine said:
My knowledge of the New Testamtent is limited, so where exactly does it state that the "holy land" belongs to the followers of christ?

In modern times this claim is rarely if ever heard, christianity hasn't attempted to conquer the holy land in centuries, but i'm sure that those who called for the cursades had some bibilical justification to do so, the bible is an interesting text, and has been used to justify many things which aren't explicitly written out in the text.

Someone stated that the old testament, new testament and quran aren't similar, think this was a misunderstanding, i didn't mean beliefs are similar, i merelt meant the three holys books are similar since they are all considered holy books by and abrahamic religion

“My knowledge of the New Testamtent is limited, so where exactly does it state that the "holy land" belongs to the followers of christ?”

Maybe these verses might help.

The Lord promises in Amos 9:11-15, "I will bring back the captives of My people Israel: They shall build the waste cities and inhabit them: They shall plant vineyards and drink wine from them; They shall also make gardens and eat fruit from them. I will plant them in their land, and no longer shall they be uprooted from the Land I have given them, says the Lord your God."

The Lord also told His people that for His name's sake He is going to fulfill His promises. Ezekiel 36 and 37 paint an awesome picture of God's faithfulness to His people Israel. "Son of man, these bones are the house of Israel.and I will bring you into the land of Israel.and I will place you in your own land, declares the Lord." (Ezekiel 37:11-14)

Joel 3: God will gather all the nations of earth together and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There He brings judgment to all those who have mistreated His people, scattered them throughout the world, and have divided His land (3:1,2,12).

The Old Testament is built around God's calling of Israel, but
in the New Testament the primary attention is given to the creation of a new community the church, the body of Christ, or the Israel of God; Jesus and the Church. The NT is focused on Christ and his people (which would be anyone who has accepted Christ…. Jew or Gentile) Christ makes his purpose known,,,,to build His church under God.

Galatians 3:26-29 is very clear: "For all ye are sons of God through faith in Jesus Christ. For whatsoever ones of you who were baptized into Christ did put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, neither slave nor freedman, neither male nor female; for all ye are one in Christ Jesus. If ye are of Christ, indeed ye are Abraham's seed, heirs according to promise."

doughgirl said:
Maybe these verses might help.
All of the verses shown were from the Tanakh (you christians call it the old testament), except for Galatians, which didn't tell me that Christians claim the "Holy Land" just that anyone who converts to christianity shall be considered a decendent of Abraham, and heir to his legacy (possibly his claim to the holy land, but its a long shot).

Islam is a religious cancer that must be dealth with appropriately. Sadly there are some good people who are holding to this religion's teachings. I feel they have no claim to the Holy Land.

In my opinion Israel's claim to the Holy Land is based on a historical interpretation of the covenants of the Old Testament. However, they rejected their Messiah, Jesus Christ, and the covenant is now broken. The only legal right to the land was granted by the UN in 1948.

Personally, I believe that when Christ returns the land will be given to the New Jerusalem, the Church.

its funny that a Christian would call Islam a 'religious cancer', when the entire religion of Christianity is based on lies and deciet. Need i remind you that almost every fundamental belief in your religion is either made up, or stolen from another religion, usually paganism. The True religion that Jesus brought has been erased from all Christian books; instead, a corrupted version, created solely for the purpose of empowering the Church was put into place. Im not making this up, research the First Council of Nicaea. It was a gathering of Bishops in which they VOTED upon the divinity of Jesus. After the vote (which was rather close), all historical records that disproved the new claim that Jesus is God were burned, and anyone who denied this claim was labeled a heretic. Secondly, all christian holidays, the concept of the Holy Trinity, and the image of the devil are all 'hijacked' from Paganism.

The true teachings of Jesus have all but disappeared, and have been replaced by false documents intended to give the Church power. Any person, nation or idea that threatened the Church had to be destroyed, hence the Crusades against the Muslims, the Albigensian Crusade against the Cathars, and a host of other Crusades against people who had done almost nothing to instigate a Crusade except refuse to believe the skewed ideology of the Church.

I find it amusing that you say 'they' (i believe you meant the Jews) rejected the Messiah, when in fact it is your own Church that has distorted his Image and teachings, thus rejecting him in the truest sense of the word.

ChristopherHall said:
Islam is a religious cancer that must be dealth with appropriately. Sadly there are some good people who are holding to this religion's teachings. I feel they have no claim to the Holy Land.

In my opinion Israel's claim to the Holy Land is based on a historical interpretation of the covenants of the Old Testament. However, they rejected their Messiah, Jesus Christ, and the covenant is now broken. The only legal right to the land was granted by the UN in 1948.

Personally, I believe that when Christ returns the land will be given to the New Jerusalem, the Church.

This guy has been following the Fundamentalist drivel for wayyyy too long.

Stop worshiping Pat Robertson. Those who actually believe in his junk are the Christian version of the Islamic Extremists.

Caine said:

Right after 'meek will inherit the world' it goes into keeping the holy land pure by wiping out all the gays and abortion clinics on it and building churches the size of football stadiums.

Anyway, there is no real Christian call to take Israel, it's just that many have wanted it because of what happened there.

Muslims believe that Muhammed rose into heaven from the 'rock', and when he did the rock rose too and a cave was formed under it, which is still there. This is were the Dome of the Rock is today, and I believe you can touch 'the rock' when you enter. It should be pretty obvious why muslims would wish for this spot to be under muslim control. At least those who don't refer to Islam as a 'bandit cult'

Wow. I raelly hadn't seen this page when i first posted.

Makes that sarcasm feel that much sweeter. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom