• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does God still Speak to us Today?

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
A conversation in another thread prompted this thread...

Does God still speak to us today? If so, when hearing God speak, does God speak audibly, or is it a still small voice? Does God still speak through dreams? How do we know if God is speaking to us, and how do we recognize God’s voice?

A conversation in another thread prompted this thread...

Yes, I actually ever successfully established a dialog with Him, where He made use a concept pre-buried in me to show who He is. Roughly it's about how I asked a series of questions (a month after an unexpected supernatural event, I thus was supposed to have a lot of questions to ask. I didn't ask the right ones though).

I believe that He's Jesus/God because He answered my question in such a fashion that my pre-buried concept will lead to the conclusion that He's God Himself.

To me first 3 questions, He answered them with a single answer. Those questions were asked quite randomly. My next 3 questions were somehow with answers delivered to me even before those question ever appeared in my mind.

Of course, under the circumstance and by applying my pre-conception He's thus God.

I actually mentioned somehow in anther thread that the maximum capability of the devil is that somehow he can know what you think if you ask questions by heart with focus, he can know somehow through a psychic media. My mother had the experience.

The dialog itself just marked the beginning...following that I believe I was "trained" to "reckon" messages from the simplest to the most complicated (which may drive a human mad if not properly guided). This can fit to a common pattern. I refer it to be a kind of time trick or a kind of protocol by making use of humans' inability to a future.

By my own speculation, somehow I believe that I have something (some information) which no other humans in today's world have (I also mentioned this couple times in other threads.

The "time trick" or pattern I mentioned can be reckoned in the following verse,

Acts 14:3 (NIV2011)
So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

I was raised an atheist and had zero biblical know. When I first came across the above verse it caught my special attention right away. An unambiguous message can be conveyed this way.

Last edited:
Yes, I actually ever successfully established a dialog with Him, where He made use a concept pre-buried in me to show who He is. Roughly it's about how I asked a series of questions (a month after an unexpected supernatural event, I thus was supposed to have a lot of questions to ask. I didn't ask the right ones though).

I believe that He's Jesus/God because He answered my question in such a fashion that my pre-buried concept will lead to the conclusion that He's God Himself.

To me first 3 questions, He answered them with a single answer. Those questions were asked quite randomly. My next 3 questions were somehow with answers delivered to me even before those question ever appeared in my mind.

Of course, under the circumstance and by applying my pre-conception He's thus God.

I actually mentioned somehow in anther thread that the maximum capability of the devil is that somehow he can know what you think if you ask questions by heart with focus, he can know somehow through a psychic media. My mother had the experience.

The dialog itself just marked the beginning...

Spirit mediums/psychics are nothing new...

"There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable practices Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you." Deuteronomy 18:10-12

"And many of those who had become believers would come and confess and report their practices openly. Indeed, quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody. And they calculated their value and found them worth 50,000 pieces of silver." Acts 19:18,19

Spirit mediums/psychics are nothing new...

"There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable practices Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you." Deuteronomy 18:10-12

"And many of those who had become believers would come and confess and report their practices openly. Indeed, quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody. And they calculated their value and found them worth 50,000 pieces of silver." Acts 19:18,19

You are right. However I "spoke" directly to Him without any media. It's a direct dialog established quite supernaturally. That thus led me to the conclusion that He's Jesus/God Himself.

You are right. However I "spoke" directly to Him without any media. It's a direct dialog established quite supernaturally.

Jesus is our mediator between God and us, our means of approaching God through Jesus in prayer is how He hears us...

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus," 1 Timothy 2:5

Jesus is our mediator between God and us, our means of approaching God through Jesus in prayer is how He hears us...

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus," 1 Timothy 2:5

Can you say instead that it remains the only way? Can you say that prayers remain the only way how a human can reach God? If you say so then it's you who are not biblical! The Bible, which is your only source of information never says that prayers are the only way for humans to reach God.

No. Re-read your Bible please. God spoke to Moses on a "face to fact" basis! This is the solid proof that prayer isn't the only way to reach God.

Moses was the mediator for the Israelites...Jesus is the mediator for us...

"Jesus said to him “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; nobody comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

"Jesus said to him “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; nobody comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

So what's that to do with Jesus spoke to Paul? You are rather twisting Bible verse instead. That verse has nothing to do with God spoke to a human or not! It only says that all humans are saved through Jesus Christ!

Ask yourself instead, why do you have to quote an irrelevant verse! The Holy Spirit is not with you, that's why!

Last edited:
So what's that to do with Jesus spoke to Paul? You are rather twisting Bible verse instead. That verse has nothing to do with God spoke to a human or not! It only says that all humans are saved through Jesus Christ!

Ask yourself instead, why do you have to quote an irrelevant verse! The Holy Spirit is not with you, that's why!

No scripture is irrelevant...

"All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16

"Does God still speak to us today? Let's argue about what the 2000 y.o. bible says to figure it out!"

:mrgreen:

No scripture is irrelevant...

"All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16

It all depends on what you consider 'scripture'. Scripture ended at what you call the 'old testament'

Ride public transit for a bit or visit popular public spaces or street corners in any major city: you'll find plenty of people he speaks to.

It has not been proven that god spoke to us yesterday. Does anyone have any proof?

You are right. However I "spoke" directly to Him without any media. It's a direct dialog established quite supernaturally. That thus led me to the conclusion that He's Jesus/God Himself.

What, do you think, makes you so special ?

Why are you favored and not me ?

Why does god chose to reveal himself to you and hide from me ?

And please don't say god is talking to me every minute of every day but I just don't hear him. If god wanted me to know he was there he is perfectly capable of establishing that fact. I don't need a burning bush like Moses needed...I don't need a hand to write on a wall...I don't need a whale to swallow me to get my attention.

If god exists, he can speak English. He can make his voice emit from the speakers of my television.
Or the walls of my living room
Or just appear in human form in front of me.

It's not hard if you're god.

Either god exists or he does not.

If god exists, either he wants me to know it or doesn't.

The church says god wants me to believe in him. If that is the case, god isn't putting in much effort to make me believe.

QED: God either doesn't exist or doesn't care if I believe.

God speaks to us everyday. Some of us listens. Some(atheists+liberal/Demos)of us don't w/out care.

Either god exists or he does not.

If god exists, either he wants me to know it or doesn't.

The church says god wants me to believe in him. If that is the case, god isn't putting in much effort to make me believe.

QED: God either doesn't exist or doesn't care if I believe.

I better get the violin...

God speaks to us everyday.
Yup, I saw Jesus in my toast this morning and he begged me not to eat him. I disobeyed, and the sin was worth it.

vw6dJxs.jpg

God speaks to us everyday. Some of us listens. Some(atheists+liberal/Demos)of us don't w/out care.

Brahma talks to you every day?

Back
Top Bottom