• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does God Need You?

An being with unlimited power doesn't have any reason to do anything. Things get done because of desire. A limitless being is by definition desireless.

Eh?

Just because God doesn't have to have a reason to do anything, does not necessarily mean that He cannot desire anything.

Eh?

Just because God doesn't have to have a reason to do anything, does not necessarily mean that He cannot desire anything.
You're not getting it, if you're almighty and all knowing, there are no desires left.

You don't want chocolate cake. You don't want to find out more about Guadalcanal. You don't need to complete your stamp collection.

Nothing.

You're not getting it, if you're almighty and all knowing, there are no desires left.

You don't want chocolate cake. You don't want to find out more about Guadalcanal. You don't need to complete your stamp collection.

Nothing.

what you can't get is that no one knows the mind of god.

Nothing.

You're thinking in terms of human desires.

The fact that the world was created was to fulfill a desire - even if it's just for amusement's sake.

You're thinking in terms of human desires.

The fact that the world was created was to fulfill a desire - even if it's just for amusement's sake.
There's no amusement when you already know all the punchlines.

God created mankind for the purpose of possibly seeing himself in his creation. Think of it as humanity becoming a mirror of sorts.

"God created man in his image"
Poor god, poor mankind.

Hey, I just realized you're basically a spammer.

Consider this unposted.

Poor god, poor mankind.

Hey, I just realized you're basically a spammer.

Consider this unposted.

You can consider him banned for being a sock puppet!!

Does God need me? Well no not really.

But I like to think He finds me useful now and then. :D

John Milton would agree with you. He references Matthew 25's parable of the talents here:

Sonnet: On his blindness [Break in lines is mine]

When I consider how my light is spent,
Ere half my days, in this dark world and wide,
And that one talent which is death to hide,
Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my maker, and present
My true account, lest he returning chide,

Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?
I fondly ask; but Patience to prevent
That murmur, soon replies, God doth not need
Either man's work or his own gifts, who best
Bear his mild yoke, they serve him best, his state
Is kingly. Thousands at his bidding speed
And post o'er land and ocean without rest:
They also serve who only stand and wait.

The fallacy in thinking, when it comes to the idea of having religious beliefs or not , is based on the presumption that God needs humanity. That God cannot do without believers. .. Those of this generation ,that deny or reject God, may in fact be those whom God is rejecting rather than the other way round.

God does not need mankind ;but it's mankind that needs God!.. When you see a young person living like a heathen this may be the only heaven he or she will experience. Let them have their fun!

If god is perfect, he has no needs. Doesn't need us to suck up to him and pray, doesn't need to create 8 billion sychophants.

God needs you, because there is always out there a big devil to die, and a good deed to perform.

Back
Top Bottom