• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does God Hate "Fags" or Pat Robertson

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Pat Robertson has long been spreading the hateful idea that the occurance of natural disasters plaguing the United States is caused by homosexuality. A few years ago, someone with a good knowlege of statistics decided to see if that was true. The result?

1) God does not seem to be punishing any state in the union for homosexuality.

2) God does seem to hate Pat Robertson and his followers.

Now there could be many reasons for the statistical results, and as we all know, correlation does not prove causation. However, as the author of this article points out, if God really does strike down those who offend him, as Robertson insists, then let the data show who God is punishing.

Article is here.

danarhea said:
Pat Robertson has long been spreading the hateful idea that the occurance of natural disasters plaguing the United States is caused by homosexuality. A few years ago, someone with a good knowlege of statistics decided to see if that was true. The result?

Now there could be many reasons for the statistical results, and as we all know, correlation does not prove causation. However, as the author of this article points out, if God really does strike down those who offend him, as Robertson insists, then let the data show who God is punishing.

Article is here.
God allows people to ask for forgiveness now days, Jesus died for everyones sins so there is little need for him to strike people down.

IF there is a god, I would like to think that (S)He does not hate anyone.

However, the general impression I get from people like Pat Robertson is that god is a very intolerant, unloving, unaccepting one. I'm sorry, shouldn't we just love everyone and worry about our own problems? Instead of focusing hate towards other individuals, shouldn't we help those in need and stay out of personal issues?

I think it's ridiculous to accuse the homosexual population of causing natural disasters. People like Pat Robertson are just flaming ignoramuses. And who knows? This could be just a big show of theirs to hide their homosexuality from us. I wouldn't be surprised.

danarhea said:
Pat Robertson has long been spreading the hateful idea that the occurance of natural disasters plaguing the United States is caused by homosexuality.

:shock:

Is this guy on TV or radio? I never even heard of him except on this website.

I don't know alot about god, but I don't think he'd like you saying he hates anybody.

danarhea said:

If Pat Robertson was right then Sanfransicko would have been the first place to be hit and it would have been hit so hard that it would have never been able to recover.

Of course televangilist are all con artist.Any one like him who is in it for the money and power is not in it for God.About every televangilist violates these commandments by Jesus.

Matthew 6
1"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.[a]' 14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

16"When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 17But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

talloulou said:
:shock:

Is this guy on TV or radio? I never even heard of him except on this website.

You've never heard of Pat Robertson? :shock:

He's the host of The 700 Club, it's on ABC I think, during the day.

Stace said:
You've never heard of Pat Robertson? :shock:

He's the host of The 700 Club, it's on ABC I think, during the day.

Does the 700 stand for all of his stupid followers?

Sir_Alec said:
Does the 700 stand for all of his stupid followers?

Kind of. A couple of years after he started his first TV station, they were in financial trouble, so he asked for at least 700 of his viewers to donate $10 a month to keep the station afloat (this was back in the 60's)....and they became known as his "700 club"....

And the tradition continues.....I don't intentionally watch his show, I can't stand the guy, but every now and then it'll be on in the background, and I remember one time a couple of weeks ago hearing one of his viewers with a "miracle" story talking about donating his last $10 to the Club.....sucker.

Stace said:
Kind of. A couple of years after he started his first TV station, they were in financial trouble, so he asked for at least 700 of his viewers to donate $10 a month to keep the station afloat (this was back in the 60's)....and they became known as his "700 club"....

And the tradition continues.....I don't intentionally watch his show, I can't stand the guy, but every now and then it'll be on in the background, and I remember one time a couple of weeks ago hearing one of his viewers with a "miracle" story talking about donating his last $10 to the Club.....sucker.
Two points...

1) Robertson sold his TV station to ABC Family...with one stipulation...

That he gets to keep his own show...ABC Family HATES the idea, but they agreed to it...That's the only reason why he's still on the air...

2) 99.9% of the people on this forum agree he's an idiot...

The fact that some members keep bringing his name up is just a way of taking a cheap shot at the right...which almost every member agrees with, so the debate is meaningless...

If I were to start a thread asking "Is NAMBLA a good thing"?, of COURSE I'd get a response of 100 members saying "No" and no one saying "Yes"...It makes legitimate debate irrelevant when everyone agrees...

Same thing here...There can't be more than 2 members on this whole site that agree with anything Robertson says when he feels the need to spew stupidity...So why bother starting a thread on it?...

Why?...because Robertson lives on the right, and by continually mentioning him, that makes all of the forum members on the right seem to be in the same camp...which is obviously false, and has been proven in multiple threads whenever his name comes up...

It's a smear campaign...nothing more...nothing less...

"Pat Robertson is a Conservative...and you are a Conservative...so therefore, you agree with Pat Robertson."...

That's the fallacy some members want everyone to believe...

sad...

cnredd said:
Two points...

That he gets to keep his own show...ABC Family HATES the idea, but they agreed to it...That's the only reason why he's still on the air...

The fact that some members keep bringing his name up is just a way of taking a cheap shot at the right...which almost every member agrees with, so the debate is meaningless...

If I were to start a thread asking "Is NAMBLA a good thing"?, of COURSE I'd get a response of 100 members saying "No" and no one saying "Yes"...It makes legitimate debate irrelevant when everyone agrees...

Same thing here...There can't be more than 2 members on this whole site that agree with anything Robertson says when he feels the need to spew stupidity...So why bother starting a thread on it?...

Why?...because Robertson lives on the right, and by continually mentioning him, that makes all of the forum members on the right seem to be in the same camp...which is obviously false, and has been proven in multiple threads whenever his name comes up...

"Pat Robertson is a Conservative...and you are a Conservative...so therefore, you agree with Pat Robertson."...

sad...

Eh, he's certainly about as right wing as they come.....but he's also a whack job. If folks can't see the difference between him and the right wingers that are "normal", well, that's their loss. I may not agree with most of the ideologies of the right wing, but for the most part, I do have huge amounts of respect for most of the righties on this forum at least.

Stace said:
Eh, he's certainly about as right wing as they come.....but he's also a whack job. If folks can't see the difference between him and the right wingers that are "normal", well, that's their loss. I may not agree with most of the ideologies of the right wing, but for the most part, I do have huge amounts of respect for most of the righties on this forum at least.
Thank you...You're seeing things as they are, and not how some members here want you to see...

Notice the part that I've bolded...

The "right wing" on this forum AGREES with this assessment...But those who start threads like this don't want you to belive that...

They want everyone to believe that Conservatives are in bed with everything Robertson, Falwell, and Kristol says...

Then there are those who want everyone to believe that Liberals are in bed with everything Franken, Moore, and Churchill says...

Of course, neither is the case, but some here want to perpetuate the extremes...It's makes themselves feel better about themselves...

I guess a false belief is better than no belief...:shrug:

cnredd said:
Two points...

sad...

Hi cnredd. Can you cut and paste from any post in this thread that substantiates what you state above? I saw NO ONE in this thread bashing the right--NO ONE. So what if someoen brings up Pat Robertson. To me, he is a uniting subject on this message board because almost all of us think he is a loser on cruise control. Again, please cut and paste a post in this thread that supports your hypothesis.

Thank you.

aps said:
Hi cnredd. Can you cut and paste from any post in this thread that substantiates what you state above? I saw NO ONE in this thread bashing the right--NO ONE. So what if someoen brings up Pat Robertson. To me, he is a uniting subject on this message board because almost all of us think he is a loser on cruise control. Again, please cut and paste a post in this thread that supports your hypothesis.

Thank you.
You're attempt at what I usually do falls flat...and for more than one reason...

#1) I've already pointed specifics on how Robertson threads turn into nothing but a bipartisan circle jerk, which is in direct conflicy with legitimate debate...It's tough to argue when everyone agrees...

If all topics were like this...a "uniting subject"...then what's the point of having a forum for debate at all?...

Here is where I've put this in detail previously...

#2) You're attempt at saying that somehow the universe turned upside down because no one has done so on THIS thread does not negate the multiple previous ones...

#3) I responded in this thread in less than 48 hours since its inception...If I knew you were going to attempt to go this route, I could've easily waited for someone to respond in the manner done so on every other Robertson thread...The only thing you accuse me of is heading it off at the pass...

You, me, and everyone else here knows where this is going...

Original post - "Robertson's whacky"

Every other forum member who responds - "I agree"

What's the point?...:roll:

cnredd said:
You're attempt at what I usually do falls flat...and for more than one reason...

#1) I've already pointed specifics on how Robertson threads turn into nothing but a bipartisan circle jerk, which is in direct conflicy with legitimate debate...It's tough to argue when everyone agrees...

If all topics were like this...a "uniting subject"...then what's the point of having a forum for debate at all?...

Here is where I've put this in detail previously...

#2) You're attempt at saying that somehow the universe turned upside down because no one has done so on THIS thread does not negate the multiple previous ones...

#3) I responded in this thread in less than 48 hours since its inception...If I knew you were going to attempt to go this route, I could've easily waited for someone to respond in the manner done so on every other Robertson thread...The only thing you accuse me of is heading it off at the pass...

You, me, and everyone else here knows where this is going...

Original post - "Robertson's whacky"

Every other forum member who responds - "I agree"

What's the point?...:roll:

So to sum up your post, you're incapable of providing me with one post in this thread that supports your hypothesis. Okay. Thank you for playing.

cnredd said:

sad...

Robertson is nothing more than a scam artist,It would not suprise me if he was only pretending to be a conservative and christian.Because these things pay money,people can be easily suckered.Real men of God do not have television careers conning money from millions of people.

"Does God Hate "Fags" or Pat Robertson"

No. What an absurd thing to ask. God hates the Miami Dolphins. Why else would he bless the team with the greatest quarterback and then deny them a running game?

GySgt said:
"Does God Hate "Fags" or Pat Robertson"

No. What an absurd thing to ask. God hates the Miami Dolphins. Why else would he bless the team with the greatest quarterback and then deny them a running game?

Once upon a time, in the distant future, Culpepper had died and gone to heaven. Saint Peter was giving him the grand tour. He showed Culpepper where God kept the greatest quaterbacks of all time. The mansions were huge and the streets were paved in gold. Culpeppers mansion was awesome with a beautifully manicured lawn and marble floors.

Culpepper looked towards the top of the hill and noticed a mansion grander than any he had ever seen before. It was 100% pure gold and diamonds laced the entry. Out front, was the largest flag he had ever witnessed before. It was a Green Bay flag.

Culpepper told St. Peter, "I don't want to appear non-appreciative, but how come does Brett Favre have the largest, grandest mansion of all here in heaven on Quarterback Lane? Mine pales in comparison. "Sure, he was a good quarterback but why is his way so much better than ours?"

Saint Peter said, "That grand mansion on top of the hill, with the big Green Bay flag, does not belong to Brett Favre. That's where God lives."

Last edited:
Captain America said:
Once upon a time, in the distant future, Culpepper had died and gone to heaven. Saint Peter was giving him the grand tour. He showed Culpepper where God kept the greatest quaterbacks of all time. The mansions were huge and the streets were paved in gold. Culpeppers mansion was awesome with a beautifully manicured lawn and marble floors.

Culpepper looked towards the top of the hill and noticed a mansion grander than any he had ever seen before. It was 100% pure gold and diamonds laced the entry. Out front, was the largest flag he had ever witnessed before. It was a Green Bay flag.

Culpepper told St. Peter, "I don't want to appear non-appreciative, but how come does Brett Favre have the largest, grandest mansion of all here in heaven on Quarterback Lane? Mine pales in comparison. "Sure, he was a good quarterback but why is his way so much better than ours?"

Saint Peter said, "That grand mansion on top of the hill, with the big Green Bay flag, does not belong to Brett Favre. That's where God lives."

Oh...wa...wa...waaaaa. Badump tshhh.

danarhea said:

Article is here.

If God exists, I doubt God would hate anyone. However, I don't think God would be all too fond of Pat Robertson and Co.

Duke

I would expect it to be the other way around, like god punishing us for Pat Robertson. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom