• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does everyone just want to bitch and argue and not work on compromises that will work?

3) What did people do for childcare prior to the government providing it?

Well, back in the day they would have probably had a mother at home with them.
ya know, that was before the great "service economy" that we now enjoy.
Now....well if they have two parents both are probably working, and maybe even 2 jobs.

You know....enjoying all those gnarlee American FrEeDuMbZ™ that the developed world is so jealous of.

2) Why give more free stuff to addicts?

So maybe they can survive, not die, and then live to see the day they get clean?

That seems to me to be the basic underlying reason to do it. 👍

Why give more money to schools that have already failed?

Because they're broke. They need more money.
Youre asking a lot of questions that seem to me to have pretty obvious answers. But I dont mind helping.👍

Money for schools in depressed neighborhoods.
they get plenty of money. My fiancé grew up in a community in the LA area infamous for poverty and gangs. We were discussing our experiences at school and the issue of money came up, my suburban/rural schools in WA were funded at almost identical levels to her school per pupil. This canard is often used but no one ever really wants to discuss in specifics. You can’t write “funding” on a check and mail it to a school.
Healthcare for drug addicts on the street.
in fact many people want that, but the homeless advocates don’t. They want to collect cash for themselves while leaving the homeless to die on the street. The unpopular truth is if you want to help the homeless you need to strongly enforce vagrancy and drug laws and make their life a living hell until they decide to seek treatment, THEN have the treatment ready for them.

Childcare for working people that don't have relatives that ban baby sit.
why? The parents should move to where they have family or join a church or the mother should work part time or be a full time mother. It’s not good for children to have their early years spent socializing with a revolving cast of strangers

Then the states need to get busy.

Sadly our politicians are ALL lying thieves who would sell their daughters into the sex slave trade for a dime.

The Lying Thieves who control the Federal currency creation business have found that they can pay off the lying thieves at the State level using this funny money for bribes to forfeit their power.

So, in Indiana, as an example, the lying thief we elected Governor extended the Covid Emergency Powers- and earned, in return, a pay off from the Feds. Millions he can use to feather his nest.

Our government, at all levels, run by either party, stinks worse than the average sewage treatment plant on a hot humid day in early August with no wind. Maybe a rotting fish in a waste basket overnight. Who knows? It stinks.

<snip>
Holcomb said renewing his public health emergency declaration through May 31 ensures Indiana can quickly respond in case conditions take a turn for the worse, and enables the state to continue accessing hundreds of millions of dollars in federal COVID-19 assistance.
<snip>

Money for schools in depressed neighborhoods. Healthcare for drug addicts on the street. Childcare for working people that don't have relatives that ban baby sit.

Wheres the compromise? What do I get out of this? All of those things cost money and I dont need them, so people get my money. What do I get?

Wheres the compromise? What do I get out of this? All of those things cost money and I dont need them, so people get my money. What do I get?
Peace of mind.

Compromise is an anathema in Washington. The duopoly seems more interested in donations and wedge issues.

By helping someone not yourself.

You said bitch or compromise, but youre not suggesting compromise. So everyone doesnt want to bitch or compromise. Everyone wants to bitch or make others sacrifice.

Sadly our politicians are ALL lying thieves who would sell their daughters into the sex slave trade for a dime.

The Lying Thieves who control the Federal currency creation business have found that they can pay off the lying thieves at the State level using this funny money for bribes to forfeit their power.

So, in Indiana, as an example, the lying thief we elected Governor extended the Covid Emergency Powers- and earned, in return, a pay off from the Feds. Millions he can use to feather his nest.

Our government, at all levels, run by either party, stinks worse than the average sewage treatment plant on a hot humid day in early August with no wind. Maybe a rotting fish in a waste basket overnight. Who knows? It stinks.

<snip>
Holcomb said renewing his public health emergency declaration through May 31 ensures Indiana can quickly respond in case conditions take a turn for the worse, and enables the state to continue accessing hundreds of millions of dollars in federal COVID-19 assistance.
<snip>
first off code, be aware that is one whiny "both sides" post. Lets ignore the false "both sides" for now and lets look at the sentence fragment that triggered you. First, its a sentence fragment. And the governor isnt getting a personal check to "feather his nest". Also, not that I dont trust the North West Indiana Times but it just doesnt seem to be a "vetted comment". Most covid aid is not dependent on a state declaration. Food stamp increases require a "state declaration".

The FFCRA (P.L. 116-127) included an authority for states to increase SNAP benefits (see Section
1101(a)) up to the maximum benefit amount; however, a state emergency declaration is required. These
increases are referred to as “Emergency Allotments.”

so did Indiana increase SNAP benefits to the max?

first off code, be aware that is one whiny "both sides" post. Lets ignore the false "both sides" for now and lets look at the sentence fragment that triggered you. First, its a sentence fragment. And the governor isnt getting a personal check to "feather his nest". Also, not that I dont trust the North West Indiana Times but it just doesnt seem to be a "vetted comment". Most covid aid is not dependent on a state declaration. Food stamp increases require a "state declaration".

The FFCRA (P.L. 116-127) included an authority for states to increase SNAP benefits (see Section
1101(a)) up to the maximum benefit amount; however, a state emergency declaration is required. These
increases are referred to as “Emergency Allotments.”

so did Indiana increase SNAP benefits to the max?

When you shovel crap, wear old clothes, you're gong to get some on you.

Same thing with government money.

Are you seriously asserting that none of the folks in government have ever taken anything that was not specifically and legally theirs?

When you shovel crap, wear old clothes, you're gong to get some on you.

Same thing with government money.

Are you seriously asserting that none of the folks in government have ever taken anything that was not specifically and legally theirs?
code, I'll type this slowly. You implied that the governor of Indiana (who I couldn't pick out of a lineup) was only extending the state of emergency so he could access "hundreds of millions of dollars". And you literally posted "to feather his own nest". Your silly rant was based on a sentence fragment that I clearly showed was not accurate. instead of looking for any excuse to cut and run from your own words maybe just maybe you should address the false and ridiculous things you posted.

As far as your question goes, it too is just another cowardly deflection. You made a specific claim. Please address that. Oh and my question was directly related to what you posted. Notice how you ignored it. I expected nothing less.

Does everyone just want to bitch and argue and not work on compromises that will work?​

Money for schools in depressed neighborhoods. Healthcare for drug addicts on the street. Childcare for working people that don't have relatives that ban baby sit.

I've decided to take the liberal approach of wanting the whole thing to burn down while the other side is in power.

You know., sorta like how your side acted when Trump was President.

I've decided to take the liberal approach of wanting the whole thing to burn down while the other side is in power.

You know., sorta like how your side acted when Trump was President.
The problem is that if every thing burns down then there is nothing left.

Rush Limbaugh (and those that copied him) made compromise impossible.

He/they taught their audience that the other side is Satan. That audience votes.

What a load of crap.

When Trump was pushing for a new stimulus and basically went up to Pelosi's demand of around $2 Trillion, who refused to even talk?

Where were Democrats on infrastructure when Trump was President?

Revisionist BS.

I hate to be a bother OS but I'm not seeing the "both sides" you are. We saw exactly those actions from republicans every time there is a democrat president. Remember the now laughably small stimulus from President Obama, republicans didnt vote for it. And they're not voting for it under Biden. And dont forget, their only complaint for trump's 2 trillion dollar stimulus was that democrats made them wait 3 days. An even better example is Obamacare. President Obama wanted single payer. It was going nowhere in the democratic congress so he literally compromised on the republican plan of mandates. And they didnt vote for that either.
Whose fault is it that we have politicians who won't compromise???? (Hint: look in the mirror)

Whose fault is it that we have politicians who won't compromise???? (Hint: look in the mirror)

I'm under no illusion how my side acts. How about you?

You should have told your side that when Trump was President.
I voted for Trump the first time. It took me two years to realize my mistake. Another year and I knew he was a monster and dangerous to our country.

I mean under Bush jr. I didnt become so absolutely disgusted with America that i thought about moving...

Bush jr won the prize of biggest doucheydouche president of modern times.

I loathed the man so much I actaully looked forward to Obama. Of course Obama being doucheydouche lite found a way to ruin the goldan chance he had.

Compromise?

McConnell says he's '100 percent' focused on 'stopping' Biden's administration​

McConnell "said that about the last administration — about Barack, that he was going to stop everything," President Joe Biden said.

Back
Top Bottom