• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

does equal mean equal?

t125eagle

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
i wasnt sure where to put this so i put it here. my friend on myspace sent me this and i thought it was a good thought.

: EQUAL should mean EQUAL:

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.

You call me "Cracker", "Honkey", "Whitey" and even "The Man" and you think it's OK.

But when I call you, "nigger", "Kike", "Towelhead", "Sand-nigger", "Camel Jockey", "Beaner" or "Chink" you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live

You have the United Negro College Fund.
You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi
You have the NAACP.
You have BET.

If we had WET(white entertainment television) we'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day you would call us racists.

If we had white history month, we'd be racists.

If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives, we'd be racists.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships, you know we'd be racists.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.
If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it.
But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.
But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

why is it to many people, and i use the term loosely, that only whites can be racist?

i can understand how it looks really racist, but why pointless?

so, what you are saying is that african americans can talk all the trash they want, and get more money than a white person to level the playing field, so to speak?

t125eagle said:
You have Yom Hashoah

Ummm... What does this have to do with your "Racism" Rant????

Being Jewish isn't a Race. It used to be, but not anymore.

The only people who claim it is a race are the KKK and Aryan organizations.

Yom Hashoah is just as important to a converted Jew as a born Jew.

Caine said:
Ummm... What does this have to do with your "Racism" Rant????

Being Jewish isn't a Race. It used to be, but not anymore.

The only people who claim it is a race are the KKK and Aryan organizations.

Yom Hashoah is just as important to a converted Jew as a born Jew.

ah. i actually just copied and pasted this from a post on myspace. i wanted to try and debate whether it was fair and right in some people's opinion. i didnt edit it out much, except for the last line, so i had no idea what it was. thanks for letting me know. i dont think its so much a rant as a question.

galenrox, that i get. thanks though, i understand that. but it seems to me that as a stigmation, i guess, that me as a white person is "not allowed" to talk trash back to a minority simply for the fact that he/ she is a minority. i dont think that is right. to me, everyone is equal. the color of the skin doesnt matter to me, except when i'm the one taking the heat and feel like i am unable to do anything for fear of being "in the wrong". i was picked on a lot in middle school and into high school for being white, among other things. i did nothing back to them, because i knew i could not win. it was seem as more exceptable for them to joke on me than it was for me to stand up to them. i very rarily call someone a nigger. only when i am extremly extremly mad. although i have been called a bunch of derogatory names just because.i just had to accept that, and i dont think that it was right. i dont think that it should be acceptable. i dont think that a person's skin should all of a sudden dictate what i think of that person at a glance. judge not a book by its cover and all that. what do u all think? have i lost my mind, and gone off the deep end? have i become afrimerican's polar opposite? do i need help? ( yeah, i know loaded questions!)

I am at a mid point here.

I agree with the letter, it says a good point. Racism of all types still exist. Regardless of what race the person is accusing or talking about.

I also agree with galen's last comments. The idea of "racial transparency" for everyone is something that many of us long for. But, at the same time I enjoy all the different races. I think they are all beautiful. Customs and rituals are truely amazing and wonderful events to behold and cherish.

If I meet someone on the street, I want them to know what race I am. I am proud of it. And ashamed if others are not as proud of theirs.

Isn't having a "White" channel the same as having an Irish channel or a Jewish channel? If so, who cares? I want to see Irish History month!

You know, back in his skinhead days, my brother once asked his teacher (black) why there wasn't a "White History Month" if we were equal and all.

She replied very angrily, "EVERY MONTH IS WHITE HISTORY MONTH!"

Not really... but whatever..........

I know where most of the racism in this country really comes from.

The mother ****ers who won't get over the fact that they were cheap labor.
Yeah, it sucked, they were slaves, but jesus ****ing christ its been over 100 years since slavery was abolished. Get over it! None of them lived during that time.

How about instead of saying "Back in his skinhead days" we say "Back in his neo nazi days?"

One of these days I'm gonna have to make a thread in defense of skinheads.

The mother ****ers who won't get over the fact that they were cheap labor.
Yeah, it sucked, they were slaves, but jesus ****ing christ its been over 100 years since slavery was abolished. Get over it! None of them lived during that time.

Blacks haven't been equal to us until about 40 years ago actually.

FinnMacCool said:
How about instead of saying "Back in his skinhead days" we say "Back in his neo nazi days?"

One of these days I'm gonna have to make a thread in defense of skinheads.

Not really neo-nazi, Nazi's hate Jews.
He never hated Jews. Jews are just people of a religious group, not a "race" like everyone seems to think.

Im in the process of converting to Judaism, will this change my race? No.
All Children who are born from a Jewish mother are automatically Jews. Does that make them a member of a "Jewish" race? Nope.

ot really neo-nazi, Nazi's hate Jews.
He never hated Jews. Jews are just people of a religious group, not a "race" like everyone seems to think.

Im in the process of converting to Judaism, will this change my race? No.
All Children who are born from a Jewish mother are automatically Jews. Does that make them a member of a "Jewish" race? Nope.

Hebrew then? I dunno. The idea of Jewish people being seperate as Irish people is always something I thought was true. My Uncle, who is jewish, calls himself a jew though he is not that religious. My family is catholic but they don't call themselves catholics, in the sense of it being a race. I guess it depends on who you talk to.

Back
Top Bottom