• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Christine Odonnel represent your views?

And you'd have no problem with me stating that Libertarians are also racists as it was shown that Ron Paul's own publications espoused racist views in 2008, therefore Libertarians are obviously racists as well. You accept that as "truth" right?

Exactly what I'm talking about. And no, I have no problem admitting that Ron Paul is a racist. The "Ron Paul Revolution" was the just the proto-Tea Party, anyway.

You are lying, sorry, you are a person who wants to attribute racism to a movement you happen to disagree with. Its dishonest, its shows a lack of integrity, and it's embarrassing. You don't know anything about us except what you are spoon fed by partisan hack kool aid sites that you let do your thinking for you.

Funny, I was trying to think what about the Tea Party's political message I disagree with and I can't think of anything. But that's because beyond a few broad strokes like "no socialized healthcare," they haven't got a message. All I see from them is racism, racism against Muslims, against immigrants, against Obama.

It reminds me of that "Liberals would love Bush except for Iraq" thread. I would love the Tea Party if it wasn't for their racism. Too bad racism is all they've got.

Funny, I was trying to think what about the Tea Party's political message I disagree with and I can't think of anything. But that's because beyond a few broad strokes like "no socialized healthcare," they haven't got a message beyond racism. That's all I see from them, racism against Muslims, against immigrants, against Obama.

It reminds me of that "Liberals would love Bush except for Iraq" thread. I would love the Tea Party if it wasn't for their racism. Too bad racism is all they've got.

there really is no point talking to a prevaricator such as yourself, by responding to your lies with anything but utter contempt and dismissal puts you at an intellectual ground that you so obviously are not on. Sorry.

That dood is no libertarian. Another one of his lies.

False. I'm just an unflinching libertarian who applies his principles consistently in all cases. A libertarian of convenience like you, Rev, is the only liar.

You are lying, sorry, you are a person who wants to attribute racism to a movement you happen to disagree with. Its dishonest, its shows a lack of integrity, and it's embarrassing. You don't know anything about us except what you are spoon fed by partisan hack kool aid sites that you let do your thinking for you.

I'm just curious but which faction of the Tea Party do you most closely associate with? Tea Party Express, Tea Party Patriots, Tea Party Nation, etc.

Exactly what I'm talking about. And no, I have no problem admitting that Ron Paul is a racist. The "Ron Paul Revolution" was the just the proto-Tea Party, anyway.

Ron paul is registered as a republican no?

Again, intellectual ground you can't has it.

I'm just curious but which faction of the Tea Party do you most closely associate with? Tea Party Express, Tea Party Patriots, Tea Party Nation, etc.

search my response to liblady for that. Since I am not shown respect and am being associated with racists by mouth foaming hacks, any and all personal information as to who and what I associate with will remain private. Sorry. You don't get to tell me what the NAACP is trying to smear me with pal.

search my response to liblady for that. Since I am not shown respect and am being associated with racists by mouth foaming hacks, any and all personal information as to who and what I associate with will remain private. Sorry. You don't get to tell me what the NAACP is trying to smear me with pal.

Sorry it just is not worthy of the effort on my part do a search on it. Either you answer or you don't. It is no skin off my nose either way.:coffeepap

False. I'm just an unflinching libertarian who applies his principles consistently in all cases. A libertarian of convenience like you, Rev, is the only liar.

I haven't called you any names, I'd expect you to not lower the discussion.

Anyway, no you are no libertarian, a search of your posts reveal that.

Gun control?
Economic freedom?
Taxes?
Government programs?
Liberty?

Where do you stand again? "libertarian". :roll:

I haven't called you any names, I'd expect you to not lower the discussion.

So "libertarian of convenience" is name calling, but "hack" and "mouth-foamer" are not? I hate to burst your bubble of cognitive dissonance, Rev, but it is impossible to lower the discussion any further once you've joined in.

Anyway, no you are no libertarian, a search of your posts reveal that.

Where do you stand again? "libertarian". :roll:

Gun control?

I am so pro-gun I'd give a Howitzer to a newborn baby. I defy you to find any post of mine that says otherwise.

Economic freedom?

I believe that the free market is the only fair and just way to allocate resources.

Taxes?

I support wealth redistribution to correct market distortions created by government corruption that forces huge sums of money into the hands of a few robber-barons. I don't see how a libertarian who believes in noncoercion can allow money to remain in the hands of the person who stole it.

Government programs?

I don't recall ever posting on "government programs" whatever those may be. Sorry, maybe be more clear what you mean.

Last edited:
So "libertarian of convenience" is name calling, but "hack" and "mouth-foamer" are not? I hate to burst your bubble of cognitive dissonance, Rev, but it is impossible to lower the discussion any further once you've joined in.

Nope "liar".... is. I haven't lied. You have, and I called your arguments as I saw them, you called me directly a liar. And boo hoo guy, if you don't like what I post, don't respond to me. that simple.

Gun control?

I am so pro-gun I'd give a Howitzer to a newborn baby. I defy you to find any post of mine that says otherwise.

Economic freedom?

I believe that the free market is the only fair and just way to allocate resources.

Really?

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...533-libertarianism-action.html#post1059009823

Taxes?

I support wealth redistribution to correct market distortions created by government corruption causes huge sums of money to fall into the hands of a few robber-barons. I don't see how a libertarian who believes in noncoercion can allow money to remain in the hands of the person who stole it.

This is not a libertarian, it is against the core principle of libertarian, as you can see, you are clearly no libertarian. You sir, are a marxist.

Government programs?

I don't recall ever posting on "government programs" whatever those may be. Sorry, maybe be more clear what you mean.

If that's what you want to use to run and hide your non-libertarianism....

Nope "liar".... is. I haven't lied. You have, and I called your arguments as I saw them, you called me directly a liar. And boo hoo guy, if you don't like what I post, don't respond to me. that simple.

You're something else, Rev. I've never used a word on you that you haven't used on me first, and you're the one who called me a liar twice in this very thread. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, you can call me what you like, it's no skin off my nose. I'll just make a mental note that you can dish it out but can't take it, and treat you with kid-gloves from now on.

Yeah, really. You should actually read that thread you linked to, Rev, it might do you some good.

This is not a libertarian, it is against the core principle of libertarian, as you can see, you are clearly no libertarian. You sir, are a marxist.

You really aren't making sense. I've given a well-reasoned and extensive argument as to how my economic policies are in accord with the basic libertarian principle of non-coercion (and notice I've never made any claim to be part of the Libertarian Party). All you can do is foam at the mouth and make bare assertions with no argument to back them up. And all the while, the Tea Party is still racist.

Last edited:
1. point out where I called you a "liar", this is a lie on your part.

2. You are not a libertarian no matter how big a tantrum you throw, sorry.

:shrug:

Moderator's Warning:
The topic is O'Donnel, not other posters. Stay on topic.

So you're a racist and you associate with racists politically? (ie. other Libertarians of which Ron Paul is one) And your comfortable with that? At least your honest enough to admit it I guess....

I just don't see how this has devolved into such insane generalizations to say Tea Party members are all racists ... and that you're okay with such a comment. I don't see myself as a racist and I identify with the Tea Party and I see O'Donnell as a modern day "Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington". How is that a bad thing?

Last edited:
So you're a racist and you associate with racists politically? (ie. other Libertarians of which Ron Paul is one) And your comfortable with that? At least your honest enough to admit it I guess....

Your argument is completely faulty. You're leaping to conclusions.

If you're really interested to know and not just taking a cheap shot, I don't consider myself that sort of libertarian. There are "right wing" libertarian, the Ron Paul/Tea Party types, and there are "left wing" libertarians like myself. It is a very different application of the ideology.

I just don't see how this has devolved into such insane generalizations to say Tea Party members are all racists ... and that you're okay with such a comment.

I do see how it devolved, it's because of you playing so fast and loose with language. Saying "racism is a motivating factor of the tea party" is not the same as saying "all tea-partiers are racist." Honestly, how can we even have a discussion when you don't read what I write. If you're content to attack straw men all day, make them in the likeness of somebody else please.

I don't see myself as a racist and I identify with the Tea Party and I see O'Donnell as a modern day "Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington". How is that a bad thing?

I'm glad you don't see yourself as racist, but it's people like you associating with racists that legitimizes them. It's dangerous.

I'd like it if there was a clear line between the pie-eyed Pollyanna types (like you Ockham) who are oblivious to racism, and the rabid racists who cloak themselves in the Tea Party. But there isn't.

Last edited:
Your argument is completely faulty. You're leaping to conclusions.

Which is why I stated it --- now you can see how your argument is completely faulty and you're jumping to conclusions about the Tea Party. See what I did there?

I do see how it devolved, it's because of you playing so fast and loose with language. Saying "racism is a motivating factor of the tea party" is not the same as saying "all tea-partiers are racist."
I'm still waiting for evidence of and a definition of "motivating factors". You haven't provided that yet.

I'm glad you don't see yourself as racist, but it's people like you associating with racists that legitimizes them. It's dangerous.
Or you with Ron Paul type Libertarians... you still aren't getting it are you...

I'd like it if there was a clear line between the pie-eyed Pollyanna types (like you Ockham) who are oblivious to racism, and the rabid racists who cloak themselves in the Tea Party. But there isn't.
I don't see things in colors... but frankly you don't know me or how I am outside of what you read, so I obviously can't take your assessment of me seriously. What you seem to have done is made an assumption and believed propaganda that by the likes of the NAACP that Tea Party members are racists... or as you nonsensically stated it as a "motivating factor" but cannot explain what that is. So I made an equally obtuse and nonsensical statement about Libertarians and you don't see the parallel nor do you recognize your obvious mistake even after I hit you over the head with it.

:shrug:

Or you with Ron Paul type Libertarians... you still aren't getting it are you...

Ockham, you just don't understand. You're the one who is in the wrong.

There is a significant undercurrent of racism within the Tea Party.

If I see that sort of thing among people who call themselves the same title as me (ie "libertarian") I take great pains to distinguish myself from the offenders, and to dissociate myself from them.

On the other hand, some non-racists may call themselves tea-partiers, but when they see racism from the tea party do they dissociate themselves? Hell no, you guys just deny that tea party racism exists, altogether. And then you proceed to march in lock step with the racists on every issue. Big difference.

But I admire your amateur attempt at sophistry there. It almost worked. I'd grade it a D-.

Ockham, you just don't understand. You're the one who is in the wrong.

If I see that sort of thing among people who call themselves the same title as me (ie "libertarian") I take great pains to distinguish myself from the offenders, and to dissociate myself from them.

On the other hand, some non-racists may call themselves tea-partiers, but when they see racism from the tea party do they dissociate themselves? Hell no, you guys just deny that tea party racism exists, altogether. And then you proceed to march in lock step with the racists on every issue. Big difference.

But I admire your amateur attempt at sophistry there. It almost worked. I'd grade it a D-.

Please prove the lie that there are "significant undercurrents racism blah blah" please. thanks

Ockham, you just don't understand. You're the one who .is in the wrong.

You keep saying so but pardon me, I don't see any evidence to back up your claim. Continuing to repeat your unsubstantiated views isn't persuading me if you haven't noticed. Probably because I don't see what your claiming as a fact. See without evidence, you're just trying to spread the NAACP and DNC's propoganda that Tea Party members are racists... which frankly is quite boring.

Since you fail to provide evidence, I'll dismiss you now.

For those of you who truly can't see the racism at the core of the Tea Party, I pity you. For those of you who are remaining willfully ignorant, you'll be judged in due course by a higher authority than me.

Here's more evidence of the racism in the tea party for those demanding it, hopefully you all won't be too indoctrinated to understand it.

Christian Science Monitor said:
“Those who describe themselves as tea party supporters are in many ways indistinguishable from, and largely a subset of, Republican identifiers more generally,” concludes a Gallup analysis.

Perhaps these figures show that the demographics of the tea party are mainstream, but they reveal little about their racial attitudes, writes University of Maryland at Baltimore County political scientist Tom Schaller on the political blog Five Thirty Eight.

Data from an April University of Washington poll “paint a more complicated picture” of the tea party, according to Schaller.

This survey found that only 35 percent of tea party adherents rated African-Americans as “hard-working.” Among whites who disapprove of the tea party, the comparable figure was 55 percent.

Some 45 percent of tea partiers judged African-Americans “intelligent,” according to the University of Washington poll. By comparison, 59 percent of anti-tea party whites viewed African-Americans as intelligent.

Some conservatives believe there is a systematic attempt to demonize the tea party movement, and there is probably some truth to that, according to Schaller.

“But in the same vein, aberrant opinions espoused by tea partiers or their sympathizers should neither be ignored nor papered-over,” Schaller writes.

Nasty 'tea party'-NAACP racism feud: Who's right? - CSMonitor.com

Back
Top Bottom