• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does bathroom "policies" like Target's make their bathrooms less safe?

Does bathroom "policies" like Target's make their bathrooms less safe?

• Total voters
It is no more easier for a pervert to enter the ladies restroom now than it was 10, 20, 50 years ago. Most people don't notice or don't care, or figure they will mind their own business, mainly because "what if they're wrong". What if that person really is a woman? Now youve just harassed someone, embarrassed someone and yourself because you (general you) have some irrational fear of men being in the restroom with women.

Irrational?

Do you think husbands and fathers don't know women and girls are assaulted all the time?

You have no idea if that person is really a woman though.

Who cares.. No responsible parent is going to put risking offending someone infront of their child's safety..

lol

So what? Not everyone is a libtard scared to death of offending someone..

Do you have some problem with your computer that omits words that would put what someone posted into context?

It is no more easier for a pervert to enter the ladies restroom now than it was 10, 20, 50 years ago.

Some people are just scared to death of something that has a very small likelihood of happening or are scared that people who don't conform to their ideas of sex and gender exist and are being recognized as part of society.

Who cares.. No responsible parent is going to put risking offending someone infront of their child's safety..

No responsible parent would allow their child to go into a restroom by themselves without knowing they could defend themselves, at the very least being able to scream if someone is trying to do something to them in the restroom. Most responsible parents know that this is a nonissue, people going into the bathroom, of either gender, because they are public restrooms, where the vast majority of people are more interested in going to the bathroom than doing anything else. Getting in, getting stuff done, and getting out.

Some libtards are just scared to death of offending weirdos or are scared people don't conform to their ideas of sex and gender of said weirdos.

fify..

Irrational?

Do you think husbands and fathers don't know women and girls are assaulted all the time?

I think they don't have a clue as to what actually happens. Even with adult women, the majority of the time it is people they know (or at least have become acquainted with), and it doesn't happen in public, not even public restrooms.

it doesn't happen in public, not even public restrooms.

Man charged in sexual assault at store; police urge caution when using public restrooms | City of Taylor

Man in women’s locker room cites gender rule

Seattle Parks and Recreation is facing a first-of-a-kind challenge to gender bathroom rules. A man undressed in a women’s locker room, citing a new state rule that allows people to choose a bathroom based on gender identity.

Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say

A man dressed as a woman was arrested in Virginia on Monday after police say he was caught peeping into restroom stalls three times in the past year.

Richard Rodriguez, 30, filmed a woman in a bathroom stall at the Potomac Mills Mall, Prince William County Police said on Tuesday. A 35-year-old woman was in the stall when she saw a bag moved toward her under the stall divider. Rodriguez apparently had been filming her, police said.

Palmdale man arrested for videotaping in women’s bathroom

PALMDALE – A 33-year-old Palmdale man who allegedly dressed as a woman while secretly videotaping females using a department store bathroom was charged with several misdemeanor counts Tuesday, authorities said.

Jason Pomare was charged with six counts of unlawful use of a concealed camera for the purposes of sexual gratification, according to Sergeant Brian Hudson of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department’s Special Victims Bureau

PALMDALE – A 33-year-old Palmdale man who allegedly dressed as a woman while secretly videotaping females using a department store bathroom was charged with several misdemeanor counts Tuesday, authorities said.

Jason Pomare was charged with six counts of unlawful use of a concealed camera for the purposes of sexual gratification, according to Sergeant Brian Hudson of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department’s Special Victims Bureau

University of Toronto Dumps Transgender Bathrooms After Peeping Incidents

The administration at the University of Toronto was recently enlightened on why two separate washrooms are generally established for men and women sharing co-ed residencies.

Man accused of filming women in Smyrna park’s bathroom

SMYRNA, Tenn. – Authorities believe a man arrested in Wisconsin filmed women inside Smyrna restrooms.

William Davis was charged in Smyrna with felony especially aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor.

Top Twenty-Five Stories Proving Target's Pro-Transgender Bathroom Policy Is Dangerous to Women and Children - Breitbart

You have no idea if that person is really a woman though. They could be. Or they could be accompanying their child or disabled adult charge.

If you're saying there's a tremendous amount of uncertainty in this issue, I agree. We can't be sure why the apparent male is going into the female restroom. That's why we have to stop all of them.

I think they don't have a clue as to what actually happens. Even with adult women, the majority of the time it is people they know (or at least have become acquainted with), and it doesn't happen in public, not even public restrooms.

Your stance on this topic...

1813aqov5wc2jjpg.jpg

roguenuke'd like a suicide bombers accidental predetonation..

If you're saying there's a tremendous amount of uncertainty in this issue, I agree. We can't be sure why the apparent male is going into the female restroom. That's why we have to stop all of them.

No, you shouldn't. That is not your place, unless they are doing something suspicious. I guarantee that you will find yourself facing possibly legal problems if you go into a place and try to harass other customers that you believe are a certain gender from entering the restroom. I would stop you or anyone like you at my work.

Man charged in sexual assault at store; police urge caution when using public restrooms | City of Taylor

Man in women’s locker room cites gender rule

Seattle Parks and Recreation is facing a first-of-a-kind challenge to gender bathroom rules. A man undressed in a women’s locker room, citing a new state rule that allows people to choose a bathroom based on gender identity.

Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say

A man dressed as a woman was arrested in Virginia on Monday after police say he was caught peeping into restroom stalls three times in the past year.

Richard Rodriguez, 30, filmed a woman in a bathroom stall at the Potomac Mills Mall, Prince William County Police said on Tuesday. A 35-year-old woman was in the stall when she saw a bag moved toward her under the stall divider. Rodriguez apparently had been filming her, police said.

University of Toronto Dumps Transgender Bathrooms After Peeping Incidents

The administration at the University of Toronto was recently enlightened on why two separate washrooms are generally established for men and women sharing co-ed residencies.

Man accused of filming women in Smyrna park’s bathroom

SMYRNA, Tenn. – Authorities believe a man arrested in Wisconsin filmed women inside Smyrna restrooms.

William Davis was charged in Smyrna with felony especially aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor.

Top Twenty-Five Stories Proving Target's Pro-Transgender Bathroom Policy Is Dangerous to Women and Children - Breitbart

And a simple search into those shows some serious flaws in the determination that most of these were somehow related to allowing transgenders in bathrooms. One occurred in the guy's home for Christ's sake.

And a simple search into those shows some serious flaws in the determination that most of these were somehow related to allowing transgenders in bathrooms. One occurred in the guy's home for Christ's sake.

You said "it doesn't happen" therefore even one single example proves your statement false..

You said "it doesn't happen" therefore even one single example proves your statement false..

I did not say "it doesn't happen". I've said that far fewer people would risk going into a public restroom to do things like assault someone or even peep/videotape them than transgender people. Which your very links show that I'm right, since the majority of them have nothing to do with a person trying to get into a public restroom in some way that takes advantage of laws that allow transgender people to use the restroom/fitting room of their choice. A very few even do such things, and many happened in places where they could in fact get in trouble for entering those restrooms.

Several of them took place in the person's own home or the home of someone the person knew. At least one failed to mention the gender of the person videotaped getting naked in the restroom, but implies they were of the same gender/sex as the person who recorded it. More were people allowed in the restroom of the opposite sex because they owned the business or worked at the business and had to clean/stock the restrooms. There are many more examples like this.

I did not say "it doesn't happen". I've said that far fewer people would risk going into a public restroom to do things like assault someone or even peep/videotape them than transgender people. Which your very links show that I'm right, since the majority of them have nothing to do with a person trying to get into a public restroom in some way that takes advantage of laws that allow transgender people to use the restroom/fitting room of their choice. A very few even do such things, and many happened in places where they could in fact get in trouble for entering those restrooms.

Several of them took place in the person's own home or the home of someone the person knew. At least one failed to mention the gender of the person videotaped getting naked in the restroom, but implies they were of the same gender/sex as the person who recorded it. More were people allowed in the restroom of the opposite sex because they owned the business or worked at the business and had to clean/stock the restrooms. There are many more examples like this.

Are you kidding me?

And women can be perverts, or those male perverts could go into the mens room and just spy on little boys or grown men.

Please just don't dismiss people's fear, the protective instinct of mothers i.e. That has been so since you were a child, and long before that. It is nothing new. So yes, you can pretend that is irrational and not very hip and happening, but here is the thing. Even in states that have not made a big issue about this, mothers are protective of their young. It is natural. No matter the political leaning, whether they embrace this transgender thing or not, age, religion or whatever else may be of influence, when moms go into a public bathroom with their kids, they either go in the stall with them, where possible, or wait right outside the door and you here the "talk to me", "are you still there?"
It is what moms/parents/guardians do.
The world doesn't revolve around transgender and their feelings and this isn't a transgender vs irrational people issue. It is an issue of doing what is natural.... Mothers protecting their young and vulnerable, not from transgender (although people focus on the issue like nothing else matters), but from those who don't play by the rules.
So please, while you are so compassionate about transgenders, have some compassion for those who just take care of their kids. You would worry who is around yours when you can't see them. No? Does that make you irrational or just cautious?

Are you kidding me?

We were discussing women getting sexually assaulted. While I shouldn't have said "doesn't happen" since it can happen but is extremely rare, that is not what you posted links to. Those things were not sexual assaults on women. They were mainly people videotaping others in the bathroom (while a violation of privacy and illegal, not a sexual assault).

Please just don't dismiss people's fear, the protective instinct of mothers i.e. That has been so since you were a child, and long before that. It is nothing new. So yes, you can pretend that is irrational and not very hip and happening, but here is the thing. Even in states that have not made a big issue about this, mothers are protective of their young. It is natural. No matter the political leaning, whether they embrace this transgender thing or not, age, religion or whatever else may be of influence, when moms go into a public bathroom with their kids, they either go in the stall with them, where possible, or wait right outside the door and you here the "talk to me", "are you still there?"
It is what moms/parents/guardians do.
The world doesn't revolve around transgender and their feelings and this isn't a transgender vs irrational people issue. It is an issue of doing what is natural.... Mothers protecting their young and vulnerable, not from transgender (although people focus on the issue like nothing else matters), but from those who don't play by the rules.
So please, while you are so compassionate about transgenders, have some compassion for those who just take care of their kids. You would worry who is around yours when you can't see them. No? Does that make you irrational or just cautious?

I am a mother and I expect other mothers and fathers to act rationally, even if they have irrational fears. I had some pretty intense irrational fears after my first son was born about him dying of SIDS. I wasn't doing anything wrong, yet felt that. But I understood that those are my fears, those are my issues and it is my job figure out ways to deal with them, not other people's jobs, particularly when the ways might do some harm to others.

We were discussing women getting sexually assaulted. While I shouldn't have said "doesn't happen" since it can happen but is extremely rare, that is not what you posted links to. Those things were not sexual assaults on women. They were mainly people videotaping others in the bathroom (while a violation of privacy and illegal, not a sexual assault).

What you REALLY shouldn't have said is that you didn't say "it doesn't happen"..

A 34-year-old Detroit man has been charged with several crimes after he allegedly sexually assaulted a woman in a Meijer store ladies bathroom.
She told police she was assaulted, but was able to fight off the attacker.

Same link..

What you REALLY shouldn't have said is that you didn't say "it doesn't happen"..

A 34-year-old Detroit man has been charged with several crimes after he allegedly sexually assaulted a woman in a Meijer store ladies bathroom.
She told police she was assaulted, but was able to fight off the attacker.

Same link..

One person. One. That's it. It doesn't normally happen. And the reason is actually very much tied to the link itself. The person will fight you til help arrives, and help is not that far away. It is a public restroom. Most people are not willing to take that risk, the vast majority. And those who are, are not going to care if they were legally allowed to be in the restroom or not.

No and if you think it does, you're an idiot.

I am a mother and I expect other mothers and fathers to act rationally, even if they have irrational fears. I had some pretty intense irrational fears after my first son was born about him dying of SIDS. I wasn't doing anything wrong, yet felt that. But I understood that those are my fears, those are my issues and it is my job figure out ways to deal with them, not other people's jobs, particularly when the ways might do some harm to others.
You have my condolences. Losing a kid to SIDS is something no parent should experience. It is also not under your control. Keeping your child safe while in public is.
Do you agree it is best to be protective of your kids when in public? Would you be comfortable to let your kids (up until they are teenagers) roam about the mall by themselves without checking on them? Or do you think it is reasonable to know where they are, keep an eye on them? Can a 5 year old manage? How about 3 years of age? I, for one, rather have them right beside me. I don't think my fear is irrational, nor should I deal my fears as being irrational. A healthy amount of fear is what keeps us safe and alive.

You have my condolences. Losing a kid to SIDS is something no parent should experience. It is also not under your control. Keeping your child safe while in public is.
Do you agree it is best to be protective of your kids when in public? Would you be comfortable to let your kids (up until they are teenagers) roam about the mall by themselves without checking on them? Or do you think it is reasonable to know where they are, keep an eye on them? Can a 5 year old manage? How about 3 years of age? I, for one, rather have them right beside me. I don't think my fear is irrational, nor should I deal my fears as being irrational. A healthy amount of fear is what keeps us safe and alive.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. My son didn't die of SIDS and there was no reason that I should have been feeling as much fear about it as I did, checking on him as I did, fearing even just leaving him home with my sister. But I did. That is why it was irrational on my part. Fearing SIDS is not irrational in itself, but there is a point where it can become irrational.

Fearing that your children might be sexually assaulted or exploited is not in itself irrational, but there is a point where it becomes irrational. Expecting others to accommodate your fears of people doing things to your children, especially young children, when you should be with them in the restrooms to begin with, is your problem.

I wouldn't let my children by themselves in the mall til they are teenagers. But my being there with them or ensuring they are there with someone I trust is part of my protections I choose to take with my children. It has nothing to do with other people. I should not expect other people to make laws about what others can or cannot do just to protect my kids from harm if I do give them freedom. I don't see anyone pushing for laws that prevent any adults from approaching children in a mall who aren't accompanied by their parents, even if they gave exceptions to certain adults (employees or law enforcement, etc.). That would protect children and allow them some independence, but it would also restrict adults and where they could be and is irrational.

Those things you are talking about are things you personally do to keep your kids safe. They are not things you force others to do to try to keep your children just a little bit safer.

A healthy amount of *RATIONAL* fear keeps us safe. Being paranoid about things that are just absurd does not. Unfortunately, there are a lot of helicopter parents out there who can never let their children loose of their iron grip, can never let their children learn on their own and can never let their children fail. That is not healthy. Not only does it not keep anyone safe and alive, it stunts their emotional and social growth to the point that, once on their own, they simply cannot function because they've never been allowed to make decisions for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom