• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Anyone Think Burn a Koran Day is a Good Idea?

Is it a Good Idea?

• Total voters
Personally I do not think there is any reason for you all to care if he burns a koran. Do you care if in the middle east if they burn bibles,American flags and other things American find offensive? Probably not. heck if someone here in the US wanted to burn bibles and christian groups were pissed you and others might make a thread how they are a bunch of crybabies who need to shut the **** up.

notice how you were inflamed at the sight of a burning American flag

why would you defend similarly inflaming the islamic population

I agree. The muslims who are mad about this can **** off. They burn the American flag and find no issue with it ... so they have ZERO room to talk.

Yeah, but what about the folks who..... I don't know....want to be just a WEE bit better than that?

I agree. The muslims who are mad about this can **** off. They burn the American flag and find no issue with it ... so they have ZERO room to talk.

It isn't them talking that is the problem. How very brave of these jerkwads to show how "tough" they are from halfway around the world. And then, to top it off, not even being willing to take responsibility for the American lives their stupidity is bound to cost.

notice how you were inflamed at the sight of a burning American flag

Do you all care when they burn bibles, American flags and other things offensive to a lot of Americans? No?

why would you defend similarly inflaming the islamic population

They do not care if they inflame us and I am pretty sure many Americans who are bitching about the pastor's plan of burning korans do not care if they inflame us. And I am pretty sure that a lot of those people bitching about the koran burnings supported the media when they decided to show the Abu Ghurayb prison abuse photos.

LMAO, I only voted once. I don't know how that happened.

It's interesting how some people on the forum have figured out how to rig these polls by logging in and out and voting anonymously.

Do you all care when they burn bibles, American flags and other things offensive to a lot of Americans? No?

They do not care if they inflame us and I am pretty sure many Americans who are bitching about the pastor's plan of burning korans do not care if they inflame us. And I am pretty sure that a lot of those people bitching about the koran burnings supported the media when they decided to show the Abu Ghurayb prison abuse photos.

Must suck to be so easily drawn to become part of the lowest common denominator. I guess gone forever is the time when it is considered a positive to actually ACT better than the lowlifes of the world.

Must also suck to be so filled with hate and rage. I certainly wouldn't want to go through life like that.

I find the mosque idea and the Koran burning equally stupid. Reasons:

The mosque idea is a bad show of respect. 3000 people were killed in a Muslim attack, yet they build a sign of Islam in the very place where an Islamic attack has been initiated.Yes, the intentions to show that Muslims are repetent and that they're peaceful is good, but in reality, it shows an opposite view, which disrespects the people that died in a Muslim attack

The Koran idea is equally stupid. The burning of the Koran will aggravate the Muslims, and undo all the ties that both sides had worked so hard to make. Did you even see that pastor? He looks like he came out of bed or the street. Anyway, it will provoke a Muslims attack, more American deregatory opinion, and maybe a wave of attacks, similar to the one that took place when the American soldiers officially "withdrew" from Iraq.

Both ideas are stupid.

What if they burned a stack of Korans, but there were no news cameras or reporters present?

This is what cracks me up. The media pretends this is a story, acts offended while they continue to advertise to the entire world the a pastor wants to burn korans on 9-11. Of course I am sure while all the hoopla about this story is going on the media is ignoring real news.

And how did 'Vincent" vote 57 times?

You do not have to be logged in to vote in a poll in the poll forum section. So as long as you closed your browser,cleared your cookies you could vote each time without logging in. This is why it is a good idea to make votes public when a poll is in a poll forum section. It may not stop cheating but it would give you a pretty good idea if there is some cheating going on.

In response to Gen David Petraeus' denunciation of Florida pastor Terry Jones' right to engage in a symbolic protest of the 9/11 attacks by burning copies of the Quran this Sept. 11, President Obama said: "Let me be clear: As a citizen, and as president, I believe that members of the Dove World Outreach Center have the same right to freedom of speech and religion as anyone else in this country."

Gov. Charlie Crist of Florida lauded Obama's remarks, saying America is "a place where you're supposed to be able to practice your religion without the government telling you you can't."
Bonfire of the Insanities - HUMAN EVENTS

It is so infuriating how everyone was speaking for the Ground Zero Mosque a few days ago, despite it enraging so many Americans, but now that some tiny church wants to toast a some korans in their parking lot, everyone is saying how horrible it is and it's morally wrong, blah blah.

I say roast the korans. Muslims need to learn that they don't have any special privileges. They need to learn that people are going to do things offensive to their religion, and they have to suck it up without throwing a hissy fit. After all, the military burned Bibles--did Christians riot or murder people?

Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan - CNN.com

No. We were like, "Waahh! You should've mailed them back!"

If any muslims do riot and/or kill people because they're so 'offended', they were already radical, potential terrorists.

Bonfire of the Insanities - HUMAN EVENTS

It is so infuriating how everyone was speaking for the Ground Zero Mosque a few days ago, despite it enraging so many Americans, but now that some tiny church wants to toast a some korans in their parking lot, everyone is saying how horrible it is and it's morally wrong, blah blah.

I say roast the korans. Muslims need to learn that they don't have any special privileges. They need to learn that people are going to do things offensive to their religion, and they have to suck it up without throwing a hissy fit. After all, the military burned Bibles--did Christians riot or murder people?

Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan - CNN.com

No. We were like, "Waahh! You should've mailed them back!"

If any muslims do riot and/or kill people because they're so 'offended', they were already radical, potential terrorists.

anyone else notice a trend - the political "lean" - of those who defend the burning of the koran and a reasonable act

Yep, and it's no surprise.
our military leaders (and the commander-in-chief) tell us that this type of action only serves to aid the recruitment efforts of our enemy al qaeda
and yet these "sunshine patriots" come out in defense of the very actions that give aid to our enemy
why are these pseudo conservatives so against our own soldiers?

anyone else notice a trend - the political "lean" - of those who defend the burning of the koran and a reasonable act

Yeah -- it's just the mirror image of the political "lean" of all those who not only supported the constitutional right to build a mosque at ground zero, but supported the "in your face" gesture it represents.

Two sides of the same coin.......

Thread: Does Anyone Think Burn a Koran Day is a Good Idea?

Who cares?

Who'd be covering this story if they were burning The Bible? In fact, maybe in protest, we should burn Bibles. In fact, now that I think about it, that'll be the next story.

BREAKING NEWS: President Obama suggested today that Catholics burn the KJV Bible in protest to those burning the Koran on Saturday. General Petreus agrees. News at 11.

The White House, Petreus, others are helping make this a story by their responses. When will the White House learn not to weigh in on the news?

A majority say "yes" ??
This speaks poorly for the responders...and maybe our nation.
In anger, in the past, I have agreed to this nutsy/evil idea....
But, here, I suspect an influx of tea-party trolls, or just children trying to make trouble..

A majority say "yes" ??
But, here, I suspect an influx of tea-party trolls, or just children trying to make trouble..

I suspect the poll is doctored seeing how vincent is the only member who voted Absolutely!.

Last edited:
A majority say "yes" ??

Our resident insecure ballot box stuffer(s) are fighting the good fight to falsely portray their views as mainstream again, only one of those votes was not "anonymous"

Last edited:
We as a nation should take the high road here.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen. Have you turned on your television lately?

Yeah -- it's just the mirror image of the political "lean" of all those who not only supported the constitutional right to build a mosque at ground zero, but supported the "in your face" gesture it represents.

Two sides of the same coin.......

WRONG. I supported the RIGHT of the people to build a mosque on private property in Manhattan, and I support the RIGHT of people to burn any book they want. I just think it makes them look like moronic neanderthals. And, the mosque builders look like inconsiderate douchebags.

The thing is...it's well within someone's rights to be a douchebag in the U.S. And I support their rights to be that person, if that's what they wish. I also support MY RIGHTS to call that person what I think they are.

meh, the high road is over-rated. all it does is make you look weak in the eyes of your enemy and encourage them to continue to attack you.

meh, the high road is over-rated. all it does is make you look weak in the eyes of your enemy and encourage them to continue to attack you.

True. We should just throw out that silly constitution and bill of rights while we're at it. They're just so inconvenient at times, when what we really want to do is torture someone.

/god help us all mode.

True. We should just throw out that silly constitution and bill of rights while we're at it. They're just so inconvenient at times, when what we really want to do is torture someone.

/god help us all mode.
Cue the "the Constitution isn't a suicide pact" excuse in 3 ... 2 ...

Back
Top Bottom